Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

High Electric Bill

High Electric Bill

Old Jul 14th 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High Electric Bill

El Economista notes that electricity has gone up in April 7% and July 4%. Will now go up in September around 5%. It also says that gas will increase in price by 2.5% and petrol will go up 10c per litre.
The question begins to be whether (or how long) the Spanish will continue to take all this belt-tightening without getting indignant.
No bankers were hurt in the making of this post.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Now if you want to heat water with the Sun there is only one way to do a "proper job"

Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox
El Economista notes that electricity has gone up in April 7% and July 4%. Will now go up in September around 5%. It also says that gas will increase in price by 2.5% and petrol will go up 10c per litre.
The question begins to be whether (or how long) the Spanish will continue to take all this belt-tightening without getting indignant.
No bankers were hurt in the making of this post.
I think they will have to take it to get the money to bail out the banks from the EU, either that or have the bottle to try going it alone. Greece courted that idea but bottled it in the end. My guess is you may get the same plenty of complaints but in the end EU/Germany has them by the ****'s I'm sure you know what I mean. At the minute they are loosening the grip on the strength of the Euro which does help probably not with oil/petrol as priced in dollars. What happens though should Germany start to overheat? that's when we need to worry as the £ would weaken v Euro and Spain would become expensive for cost of living. I guess at some point one of the EU Countries will say sod it we'll give it a go leaving the Euro but whether that will be Spain?? That will then be watched closely by the other Countries for a clue what to do. I honestly don't think any Government as a clue how to get out of the mess they have allowed to happen as the horse I'm afraid has well and truly bolted.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:47 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the German news they could possibly be the first to leave if their residents are considered.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Always a possibility Jacky as I'm sure they are sick of seeing their hard earned money being wasted as it surely is, Mrs Merkle may find out at their next elections.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:17 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
That's like a mega version of those old camping showers - a black plastic "pillow" filled with water and hung out in the sun.

I know of people who heat their pool that way. It's easy if you have plenty of land - it doesn't look too tidy spread over the roof!
I reckon not, but since when have the Spanish been concerned about looking "tidy"?