Hiding ISPN

Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hiding ISPN

Forgive me if those are the wrong initials but I just want to hide the fact that when I go on to a website that my ISPN is from Movistar.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiding ISPN

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Forgive me if those are the wrong initials but I just want to hide the fact that when I go on to a website that my ISPN is from Movistar.
I'm not sure I understand - are you connecting to the internet from a mobile 'phone contracted to movistar?

... and I wonder if you mean Internet Protocol (IP) address?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I'm not sure I understand - are you connecting to the internet from a mobile 'phone contracted to movistar?

... and I wonder if you mean Internet Protocol (IP) address?
Possibly............no from my laptop. I do quite a few surveys and lately I have been having replies back stating that I am not in the "right country".
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure what you're after either, but possibly you need a free proxy server, something like this.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by agoreira
Not really sure what you're after either, but possibly you need a free proxy server, something like this.
That´s it. Sorry to sound so vague.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

"Expat Shield" is another good one. Absolutely free!

John.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Saxy
"Expat Shield" is another good one. Absolutely free!

John.
I installed it and couldn't get it to work..!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Pope
Just checked and it is working fine. One thing that you might like to check is that the date/time is correct on your PC, 'cos if it's not today's date, iPlayer wont work.

John.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:35 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

same for me, installed it but was getting warnings my location was not allowed, and the adverts on the websites were all Spanish, so had to assume I wasnt shielded.

uninstalled it and sent them an email but never go a reply.
have now started looking for a vpn/
Old Mar 8th 2012, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domino
same for me, installed it but was getting warnings my location was not allowed, and the adverts on the websites were all Spanish, so had to assume I wasnt shielded.

uninstalled it and sent them an email but never go a reply.
have now started looking for a vpn/
I don't know what it is that you're doing wrong, because it is working fine!
The best way to contact them is through their Facebook site.
The current prog. issue is 2.24

John.

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 8th 2012 at 4:57 am.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

John.
I've Uninstalled, I sent an email and got no reply, but I suppose as a "Free" service you get what you pay for..

Shame as I will go back to using identity cloaker a paid for service..!
Old Mar 8th 2012, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I've Uninstalled, I sent an email and got no reply, but I suppose as a "Free" service you get what you pay for..

Shame as I will go back to using identity cloaker a paid for service..!
Save your cash and contact them on Facebook, that is the best way.
The service they give, is paid for by the advertising! Without us using the service, they would go bust and I'm sure that they are aware of that!
Are you downloading from their site and not others like CNET?
Are you getting the "Authenticating", "Assigning IP Address" screen? 'cos you sure ain't doing something right.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:27 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

John.
I did nothing wrong, obeyed all instructions, but was kicked off 2 sites because I wasnt showing a UK ip
using an ip checking site it appears my ip was in California

that isnt what it said on the tin, admittedly I was using the free version, but if it had worked I would have paid for the upgrade to get the super version, without their annoying adverts

I sent an email because that is a means of communication they advertise on their website
I will not use Facebook and shouldnt be forced to it, perhaps less time there and more time answering their emails ??

but there are competitors so ho hum, I'm not crying about it..........
Old Mar 8th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domino
I did nothing wrong, obeyed all instructions, but was kicked off 2 sites because I wasnt showing a UK ip
using an ip checking site it appears my ip was in California

that isnt what it said on the tin, admittedly I was using the free version, but if it had worked I would have paid for the upgrade to get the super version, without their annoying adverts

I sent an email because that is a means of communication they advertise on their website
I will not use Facebook and shouldnt be forced to it, perhaps less time there and more time answering their emails ??

but there are competitors so ho hum, I'm not crying about it..........
I suspect that your Firewall needs to be turned off during download (the reason for the problem will be at your end, not theirs).
It's a shame because this is one program that maintains the download speed. Most others, you seem to get a significant drop in speed.

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 8th 2012 at 10:15 am.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 10:54 am

I suspect that your Firewall needs to be turned off during download (the reason for the problem will be at your end, not theirs).
It's a shame because this is one program that maintains the download speed. Most others, you seem to get a significant drop in speed.
well it said it had downloaded successfully, but as a Seguridad Frenetico I would have to think at least twice about turning Norton off for any reason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.