Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Old Nov 16th 2011, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by painterhombre
We get uk tv in spain (vpn service) for 7 quid a month and its fab. U can get iplayer, itv player, channel 4 and catchup (4od) and much more.
Yep, been doing it for 3/4 years. Quite a few people don't think it works though!
The beauty of the likes of 'Eltel' (and I think that it is the best so far), is that you can change channels quickly from within the program.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Or find an ISP who has UK based proxy for just this purpose. My ISP has one so iplayer presents no problems. Not that I ever watch it...
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bob_day
Or find an ISP who has UK based proxy for just this purpose. My ISP has one so iplayer presents no problems. Not that I ever watch it...
Yes Bob, I've used ExpatShield & TVAbroad for years, but it's hassle having to remember to hide the IP before you use U.K. progs. 'FilmOn' & 'Eltel' you don't have to bother about it. The beauty of 'Eltel' is that it has the Iplayers as part of the package + loads more channels than you can get hiding your IP, and it's only 10 euros a month.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future

That's interesting. Who is your ISP?
Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cat6
That's interesting. Who is your ISP?
No reply?

Last edited by Saxy; Nov 18th 2011 at 7:44 am.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
No reply?
Well excuse me.... I do have other things to do besides checking the forum, eg Spanish lesson and roof repairs yesterday and travelling back to UK for the weekend today.. What a busy life I lead...

Anyways my ISP is broadband4spain who operate in the Nerja to Velez Malaga and campo inbetween. Their coverage may extande some way past that by now as they have expanded their network but I doubt that they are more than regional still.

The UK proxy is included in their package at no additional cost.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Well excuse me.... I do have other things to do besides checking the forum, eg Spanish lesson and roof repairs yesterday and travelling back to UK for the weekend today.. What a busy life I lead...

Anyways my ISP is broadband4spain who operate in the Nerja to Velez Malaga and campo inbetween. Their coverage may extande some way past that by now as they have expanded their network but I doubt that they are more than regional still.

The UK proxy is included in their package at no additional cost.
Sorry and thank you Bob.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:45 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cat6
Self-explanatory, really. I have a Humax Foxsat and would really like to watch iplayer etc., but can't of course because my ip address is Spanish. Anybody got a cunning fix? I'd really appreciate any ideas!
I've always used www.***************** good service and they are English. :sunglasses:
Old Nov 21st 2011, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twisty100
I've always used www.***************** good service and they are English. :sunglasses:
Where were you guys a few weeks ago when I was defending internet tele, and being told in no uncertain terms that it was a load of rubbish and didn't work?
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Saxy
Where were you guys a few weeks ago when I was defending internet tele, and being told in no uncertain terms that it was a load of rubbish and didn't work?
For those who are interested, this is an update on my change to the Eltel service.
It is a very good source for U.K. programs, including both Iplayers. The only problem I had, was that when going to the full screen option, I got a thick bar top and bottom of the screen. This was cured by increasing the computer screen resolution to 1280x720 pixels, with excellent results. I have now switched my allegiance, with a saving (in foreign money) of £20 a month!