Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:15 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 48
cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future
Default Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Self-explanatory, really. I have a Humax Foxsat and would really like to watch iplayer etc., but can't of course because my ip address is Spanish. Anybody got a cunning fix? I'd really appreciate any ideas!
cat6 is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:18 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
cymruambyth's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Las Alpujarras
Posts: 218
cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by cat6
Self-explanatory, really. I have a Humax Foxsat and would really like to watch iplayer etc., but can't of course because my ip address is Spanish. Anybody got a cunning fix? I'd really appreciate any ideas!
You can watch ITV I player through your Humax box in Spain no problems at all (I do all the time). It's BBC I Player which presents the problem.
cymruambyth is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:21 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 48
cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
You can watch ITV I player through your Humax box in Spain no problems at all (I do all the time). It's BBC I Player which presents the problem.
Really? I hadn't even tried; thought it would be the same as iplayer, so that's a bonus! Thanks!
cat6 is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:56 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Saxy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Was Alicante, Spain, now IOW.
Posts: 740
Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

ExpatShield is the fix you are looking for. While downloading it your virus checker may throw up a warning, but it can safely be ignored, I use it all of the time!
When connecting to the program, wait for it to connect (the shield turns green) and then click on the 'X' in the top right hand corner of your screen (that is the 'X' that you would use to close a program down). you now have a U.K. IP.
Saxy is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:57 am
  #5  
Was called something else
 
The Guy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Gandia, Valencia
Posts: 1,941
The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by cat6
Really? I hadn't even tried; thought it would be the same as iplayer, so that's a bonus! Thanks!
until you see all the crap that is on ITV and then decide it aint worth it....

For BBC Iplayer then you need to go via a proxy / vpn - that hides your spanish IP address and gives you an UK ip address - and set that up in your router

expat shield is for use on the PC...not a foxsat machine....the foxsat connects to the router and not a PC, so yu need to have the solution at the router...unless you can connect your foxsat to your PC, and have expat shield on thepc...(not tried this though!)

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 14th 2011 at 5:37 am. Reason: Links to Warez sites are not allowed.
The Guy is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 5:42 am
  #6  
 
Fred James's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Granada Costa
Posts: 10,931
Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by The Guy

expat shield is for use on the PC...not a foxsat machine....the foxsat connects to the router and not a PC, so yu need to have the solution at the router...unless you can connect your foxsat to your PC, and have expat shield on thepc...(not tried this though!)
You cannot usually configure your router to use a proxy. You have to connect the Humax to a PC using a proxy and share that connection via the router.

It's much easier to run iPlayer on a laptop using a proxy and connect the laptop to the TV using a HDMI connection.
Fred James is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 12:15 pm
  #7  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

I was in spain for a week and wanted to buy National Lottery so I could collect my winnings when I got home.

I loaded expatshield and tried to buy my ticket but the Lottery told me I was not in the UK so if I won I wouldnt be eligible to collect.

Didnt buy, didnt win anything, so as usual my money would have gone to charity again.

I asked expatshield for my IP address and it said I was in California, asked an IP checking site and that said I was in the Uk.
but Lottery said I wasnt .

does it work only for IPlayer applications ??

surely for the same cost it is possible to get a VPN definitely located in the UK.
Domino is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:46 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Saxy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Was Alicante, Spain, now IOW.
Posts: 740
Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by Domino
I was in spain for a week and wanted to buy National Lottery so I could collect my winnings when I got home.

I loaded expatshield and tried to buy my ticket but the Lottery told me I was not in the UK so if I won I wouldnt be eligible to collect.

Didnt buy, didnt win anything, so as usual my money would have gone to charity again.

I asked expatshield for my IP address and it said I was in California, asked an IP checking site and that said I was in the Uk.
but Lottery said I wasnt .

does it work only for IPlayer applications ??

surely for the same cost it is possible to get a VPN definitely located in the UK.
TVAbroad, about £15 a month on a monthly basis.
Saxy is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:44 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Orihuela Costa
Posts: 107
gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

https://www.eltel.tv/
gardner8 is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:59 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Saxy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Was Alicante, Spain, now IOW.
Posts: 740
Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by gardner8
I thought I'd have a look at them and see how they compare with other progs I use.
They don't appear to be very efficient, I completed registration two hours ago.
No confirming email yet! Perhaps they are having problems.
Saxy is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:59 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 48
cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by The Guy
until you see all the crap that is on ITV and then decide it aint worth it....

For BBC Iplayer then you need to go via a proxy / vpn - that hides your spanish IP address and gives you an UK ip address - and set that up in your router

expat shield is for use on the PC...not a foxsat machine....the foxsat connects to the router and not a PC, so yu need to have the solution at the router...unless you can connect your foxsat to your PC, and have expat shield on thepc...(not tried this though!)
That's what I needed to know. Thanks.
cat6 is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:40 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Alfaz del Pi, Costa Blanca
Posts: 205
searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by Saxy
I thought I'd have a look at them and see how they compare with other progs I use.
They don't appear to be very efficient, I completed registration two hours ago.
No confirming email yet! Perhaps they are having problems.
Check your "junk mail" box my confirmation went there!
searcher48 is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:02 am
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
Saxy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Was Alicante, Spain, now IOW.
Posts: 740
Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by searcher48
Check your "junk mail" box my confirmation went there!
I don't know what happened but I went to Junk Mail and yes your reply was there, along with two others (one from FilmOn), I read the other two first then went to read yours, only to find it had disappeared

John
Saxy is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:04 am
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
 
Saxy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Was Alicante, Spain, now IOW.
Posts: 740
Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by Saxy
I don't know what happened but I went to Junk Mail and yes your reply was there, along with two others (one from FilmOn), I read the other two first then went to read yours, only to find it had disappeared

John
Sorted
Thanks for the link, looks very good.

John.
Saxy is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:34 pm
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
painterhombre's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 536
painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

We get uk tv in spain (vpn service) for 7 quid a month and its fab. U can get iplayer, itv player, channel 4 and catchup (4od) and much more.
painterhombre is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.