Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future
Default Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Self-explanatory, really. I have a Humax Foxsat and would really like to watch iplayer etc., but can't of course because my ip address is Spanish. Anybody got a cunning fix? I'd really appreciate any ideas!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hide ip address for Humax Foxsat iplayer service

Originally Posted by cat6
Self-explanatory, really. I have a Humax Foxsat and would really like to watch iplayer etc., but can't of course because my ip address is Spanish. Anybody got a cunning fix? I'd really appreciate any ideas!
You can watch ITV I player through your Humax box in Spain no problems at all (I do all the time). It's BBC I Player which presents the problem.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
You can watch ITV I player through your Humax box in Spain no problems at all (I do all the time). It's BBC I Player which presents the problem.
Really? I hadn't even tried; thought it would be the same as iplayer, so that's a bonus! Thanks!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

ExpatShield is the fix you are looking for. While downloading it your virus checker may throw up a warning, but it can safely be ignored, I use it all of the time!
When connecting to the program, wait for it to connect (the shield turns green) and then click on the 'X' in the top right hand corner of your screen (that is the 'X' that you would use to close a program down). you now have a U.K. IP.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:57 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cat6
Really? I hadn't even tried; thought it would be the same as iplayer, so that's a bonus! Thanks!
until you see all the crap that is on ITV and then decide it aint worth it....

For BBC Iplayer then you need to go via a proxy / vpn - that hides your spanish IP address and gives you an UK ip address - and set that up in your router

expat shield is for use on the PC...not a foxsat machine....the foxsat connects to the router and not a PC, so yu need to have the solution at the router...unless you can connect your foxsat to your PC, and have expat shield on thepc...(not tried this though!)

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 14th 2011 at 5:37 pm. Reason: Links to Warez sites are not allowed.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 5:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy

expat shield is for use on the PC...not a foxsat machine....the foxsat connects to the router and not a PC, so yu need to have the solution at the router...unless you can connect your foxsat to your PC, and have expat shield on thepc...(not tried this though!)
You cannot usually configure your router to use a proxy. You have to connect the Humax to a PC using a proxy and share that connection via the router.

It's much easier to run iPlayer on a laptop using a proxy and connect the laptop to the TV using a HDMI connection.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:15 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I was in spain for a week and wanted to buy National Lottery so I could collect my winnings when I got home.

I loaded expatshield and tried to buy my ticket but the Lottery told me I was not in the UK so if I won I wouldnt be eligible to collect.

Didnt buy, didnt win anything, so as usual my money would have gone to charity again.

I asked expatshield for my IP address and it said I was in California, asked an IP checking site and that said I was in the Uk.
but Lottery said I wasnt .

does it work only for IPlayer applications ??

surely for the same cost it is possible to get a VPN definitely located in the UK.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Domino
I was in spain for a week and wanted to buy National Lottery so I could collect my winnings when I got home.

I loaded expatshield and tried to buy my ticket but the Lottery told me I was not in the UK so if I won I wouldnt be eligible to collect.

Didnt buy, didnt win anything, so as usual my money would have gone to charity again.

I asked expatshield for my IP address and it said I was in California, asked an IP checking site and that said I was in the Uk.
but Lottery said I wasnt .

does it work only for IPlayer applications ??

surely for the same cost it is possible to get a VPN definitely located in the UK.
TVAbroad, about £15 a month on a monthly basis.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice

https://www.eltel.tv/
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gardner8
I thought I'd have a look at them and see how they compare with other progs I use.
They don't appear to be very efficient, I completed registration two hours ago.
No confirming email yet! Perhaps they are having problems.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Guy
until you see all the crap that is on ITV and then decide it aint worth it....

For BBC Iplayer then you need to go via a proxy / vpn - that hides your spanish IP address and gives you an UK ip address - and set that up in your router

That's what I needed to know. Thanks.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Saxy
I thought I'd have a look at them and see how they compare with other progs I use.
They don't appear to be very efficient, I completed registration two hours ago.
No confirming email yet! Perhaps they are having problems.
Check your "junk mail" box my confirmation went there!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by searcher48
Check your "junk mail" box my confirmation went there!
I don't know what happened but I went to Junk Mail and yes your reply was there, along with two others (one from FilmOn), I read the other two first then went to read yours, only to find it had disappeared

John
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Saxy
I don't know what happened but I went to Junk Mail and yes your reply was there, along with two others (one from FilmOn), I read the other two first then went to read yours, only to find it had disappeared

John
Sorted
Thanks for the link, looks very good.

John.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

We get uk tv in spain (vpn service) for 7 quid a month and its fab. U can get iplayer, itv player, channel 4 and catchup (4od) and much more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.