Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help need please, dont know what to do !

help need please, dont know what to do !

Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

jeandown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help need please, dont know what to do !

thank you, I`ve been so worried all day, and couldn`t stop shaking earlier. I dont know what I`ll do if she isn`t on the plane
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she succeeds in getting her children with her. That may prove a difficult task. fwiw my partner took that EZY route earlier today, all on time!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeandown
thank you, I`ve been so worried all day, and couldn`t stop shaking earlier. I dont know what I`ll do if she isn`t on the plane
What a difference a day makes but 24 long hours.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

painguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what happened is she back?????????????The suspense is killing me
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painguy
Well what happened is she back?????????????The suspense is killing me
I suspect that there will not be an up-date for a little while because they will have an awful lot of appointments to keep and loads of issues to deal with.

Rosemary
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst on the one hand I'm glad for her to be out of the situation, I can't imagine her feelings when (let's hope it's not, but....) she finds getting the children out 'retrospectively' proves a follow-up nightmare.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

(quote)With regard to the children, and leaving them behind in Spain.
When the time comes to claim custody, The Spanish courts would look
favorably towards the Farther and In-laws,
citing abandonment of the children and the Mother having fled to the UK.!
without making any provisions for the children.
sorry to say, but this is a start of a very long road.!! )

All the best.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As she has been with her partner for 20 years the children may not be little tots, they could all be teenagers.

Rosemary
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:39 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
As she has been with her partner for 20 years the children may not be little tots, they could all be teenagers.

Rosemary
Good point. They will be almost totally spanish too. TBH I am a bit bemused by the whole story
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Rosemary
the eldest two are 16 and 14 ,
Old Jun 25th 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

The Mooster is an unknown quantity at this point

my daughter, who is nearly 40, has lived in Spain for nearly 20 yrs. She isn`t married, but has a partner who is Spanish. they have 5 children. She is now desperate to come back to the UK, she is being treated dreadfully, can`t go out alone, etc. She has no money, and no passport. She wants to come back and then try to get the children here. I just dont know what to do to help her, I`m not going to Spain till september. she said she has had enough, I feel she is very depressed, she also has her partners mother living with them. please can some advise me, she does have the internet though, but no landline. how can she get a passport ?
Hiya
You must contact her nearest International Womens Club online for her. We have one in Valencia and they had the samem situation with a lady and helped her tremendously (before I arrived in Spain I was told about it during one of the meetings). Trust me they will help you and your daughter xxx any probs message me back Jean
Old Jun 25th 2011, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by The Mooster
Hiya
You must contact her nearest International Womens Club online for her. We have one in Valencia and they had the samem situation with a lady and helped her tremendously (before I arrived in Spain I was told about it during one of the meetings). Trust me they will help you and your daughter xxx any probs message me back Jean
Thanks for the information, hope Jean will read the forum soon.

Welcome to the forum.

Rosemary
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

jeandown is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to update you with what happened with my daughter. She went to the British Consul in Malaga and they phoned me, she went on her own. I had to fax my details and pay for han emergency passport, I then had to book her on a flight. her partner took away her mobile, so I had no way of even knowing if she was on the flight, but thank goodness, she was. She has had to leave the children behind, as she was too frightened to take them with her. she was given her boarding pass by the police 9 hrs before her flight, so that she could go through to the departure lounge, and he couldn`t get to her if he went to the airport, which he did.
This was 2 1/2 weeks ago, today the police in Malaga phoned my mother to see if she was there, my mother said she wasn`t but told them the name of the city where she is staying ! my daughter thinks he`s going to come over here. she said that a few months ago he said to her if ever she left him he would find her and kill her. He may have our address, as she left all her letters from us, and other family members over there, so he`ll have several addresses. We are going to the police to see what they can do.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 5:46 am

I wanted to update you with what happened with my daughter. She went to the British Consul in Malaga and they phoned me, she went on her own. I had to fax my details and pay for han emergency passport, I then had to book her on a flight. her partner took away her mobile, so I had no way of even knowing if she was on the flight, but thank goodness, she was. She has had to leave the children behind, as she was too frightened to take them with her. she was given her boarding pass by the police 9 hrs before her flight, so that she could go through to the departure lounge, and he couldn`t get to her if he went to the airport, which he did.
This was 2 1/2 weeks ago, today the police in Malaga phoned my mother to see if she was there, my mother said she wasn`t but told them the name of the city where she is staying ! my daughter thinks he`s going to come over here. she said that a few months ago he said to her if ever she left him he would find her and kill her. He may have our address, as she left all her letters from us, and other family members over there, so he`ll have several addresses. We are going to the police to see what they can do.
So glad she arrived OK and had so much help from the authorities in Spain. Many people make idle threats about killing the other person but obviously you cannot rely on that so obviously you need help from the UK police so I am glad that you are going to see them.

Hope all goes well.

Rosemary
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

I read a book last year called "Not without my daughter". Very moving.
Good luck to this family. It's very hard to leave even an abusive husband,
I know..and even harder to leave children, I imagine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.