Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help need please, dont know what to do !

help need please, dont know what to do !

Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Lilinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help need please, dont know what to do !

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think I already told you what you should do in my opinion on another forum as this wont wait until September if it is as bad as you described

Call the UK Embassy in Spain and explain the situation fully to them. They may well be able to advise if she can take the children away from Spain without the fathers approval. In any case, its positive action

Heres the link again: http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/
I was thinking this is quite a common situation isnt it, but realised id read it elswhere.

I agree 100% with the above, speak to the consulate asap. Good luck.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
the only problem might be persuading the airline to let her get on the plane
Within Europe some airlines will accept photo ID but usually have to check if the receiving country will accept them when they arrive otherwise the airline bares the cost of the return flight.
It seems given the situation that the woman will not have a valid tarjeta de extranjeros or driving license.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

jeandown is an unknown quantity at this point

my daughter is leaving in the morning, she is going to the consulate in malaga, and hopefully her father will fly over tomorrow, to help sort things out. I am so worried about her, she `s not taking any of the children with her. I will keep you all up to date with what happens, thanks so much for all the replies.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeandown
my daughter is leaving in the morning, she is going to the consulate in malaga, and hopefully her father will fly over tomorrow, to help sort things out. I am so worried about her, she `s not taking any of the children with her. I will keep you all up to date with what happens, thanks so much for all the replies.
Must be a great relief to you all to see some light in your dark times.
All the very best and don't let no or can't get in the way of what needs to be done, lifes to short and to precious.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So glad that things are going to be sorted out for your daughter and hope that getting her passport and travelling to UK will not be too traumatic for her.

Rosemary
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

but what about the children??
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:08 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
As with most forums people are left to fill in the gaps in stories which can lead to assumptions on the real circumstances.
Yes the full facts were described to me on another forum

I'm glad to hear that ..... however, as just said ... what about the children. Once she has left of her own accord, then it's going to be difficult for her to get them back I would imagine if the Spanish Legal system lives up to its reputation
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Drive into Gibraltar , its a bout 1000 to 1 odd`s you will get stopped going in You are then subject to UK / Gib law Then go and talk to social services .

Anyway you must have a NIE cards for the kids? If so they are valid for eu travel
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:15 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Her libro de familia might come in useful as well (for leaving the country, the embassy, or social services), especially if the children don't all have DNIs.

I know that Ryanair don't take them, but other airlines do and at the land border crossing into France, Portugal or Gibraltar she probably won't even be stopped.

Edit: And even if she doesn't bring the children with her, it could still be useful for her to have it later on.

Last edited by DLC; Jun 20th 2011 at 12:19 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ononno
but what about the children??
I think it is impossible and wrong to speculate on the circumstances on the reasons a mother would make this choice.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

lets all just wish her the best of Luck! she is going to need it.!
been through a very similar situation myself.!
With regard to the children, and leaving them behind in Spain.
When the time comes to claim custody, The Spanish courts would look
favorably towards the Farther and In-laws,
citing abandonment of the children and the Mother having fled to the UK.!
without making any provisions for the children.
sorry to say, but this is a start of a very long road.!!
All the best.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Dee
l
All the best.
Thats exactly the point I tried to make above, yes
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Dee
lets all just wish her the best of Luck! she is going to need it.!
been through a very similar situation myself.!
With regard to the children, and leaving them behind in Spain.
All the best.
Hence doing a runner to Gib or the likes seems like a very good idea , once the children are in the UK then it will be upto the father to fund a very very expensive legal battle ,unless he`s wealthy I doubt he`d bother , better to get some agreement drawn up and legalised in both countries , after all the childrens wishes should take priority.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

jeandown is an unknown quantity at this point

she went to the consul very early this morning, without the children, they phoned me, and they issued her with an emergency passport which I had to pay for, and I had to book a flight for her, which is 10.55 tonight, my ex husband, her dad is taking me to the airport to meet her. hopefully she`s on the plane, as she thought she was catching an earlier one, and left the consul before I could confirm the flight. so I have been phoning easyjet at malaga airport, to get a message to her. and as they cant tell me if shes on the flight, I just have to hope for the best. She has no phone, as her partner took it away from her this morning, before he left for work, so I have no way of contacting her
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to her, hope everything goes smoothly on her journey.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.