Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help need please, dont know what to do !

help need please, dont know what to do !

Old Jun 18th 2011, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

jeandown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help need please, dont know what to do !

my daughter, who is nearly 40, has lived in Spain for nearly 20 yrs. She isn`t married, but has a partner who is Spanish. they have 5 children. She is now desperate to come back to the UK, she is being treated dreadfully, can`t go out alone, etc. She has no money, and no passport. She wants to come back and then try to get the children here. I just dont know what to do to help her, I`m not going to Spain till september. she said she has had enough, I feel she is very depressed, she also has her partners mother living with them. please can some advise me, she does have the internet though, but no landline. how can she get a passport ?

Last edited by jeandown; Jun 18th 2011 at 7:41 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: help need please, dont know what to do !

sent you a pm.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

ok thanks
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

not sure if I can read it though, as I`m new here
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your daughters plight. Does she have any English friends in Spain or does she only mix with the Spanish?

Rosemary
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeandown
my daughter, who is nearly 40, has lived in Spain for nearly 20 yrs. She isn`t married, but has a partner who is Spanish. they have 5 children. She is now desperate to come back to the UK, she is being treated dreadfully, can`t go out alone, etc. She has no money, and no passport. She wants to come back and then try to get the children here. I just dont know what to do to help her, I`m not going to Spain till september. she said she has had enough, I feel she is very depressed, she also has her partners mother living with them. please can some advise me, she does have the internet though, but no landline. how can she get a passport ?
Get in touch with British consulate and explain her situation, they are the best to advise you in this situation re her passport and her legal rights re the children. I think given her status in spain, leaving and then trying to get the children to the UK will be an almost impossible situation.
Maybe you should think about going before September if you have major concerns.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Get in touch with British consulate and explain her situation, they are the best to advise you in this situation re her passport and her legal rights re the children. I think given her status in spain, leaving and then trying to get the children to the UK will be an almost impossible situation.
Maybe you should think about going before September if you have major concerns.
Totally agree with you on this. Gaining legal advice is her first priorituy otherwise she could end up with loads more stress and distress.

Rosemary
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

there is no way I can go before september, as I have no holiday left, I`m hoping my ex husband will be ale to help, as he goes there quite a lot. as she isn`t allowed out of the house on her own, she has no way of seeking legal help. she doesn`t have any friends either. she wants to be able to get an emergency pasasport and travel, all on the same day, as she said once she leaves the house, there is no way she could go back. I think she is very afraid of her partner.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

What area does your daughter live in as there are a number of shelters for abused women. With legal advice etc. I found this with a quick search "an emergency freephone number for the whole of the Alicante Province – 900 580 888 This is based in Alicante with a lawyer, social worker and psychologist on call at all times." I presume your daughter speaks fluent Spanish. Or in Marbella area www.helpfordomesticviolence.org/
Old Jun 18th 2011, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

siesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nice

There is also a 24h phone number for these situations. It's the number that's always mentioned on the news: 016. It claims to have attention in different languages as well. Having a passport and a ticket ready in one day sounds difficult, first thing she should do is call, no need to wait any longer.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 8:01 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeandown
there is no way I can go before september, as I have no holiday left, I`m hoping my ex husband will be ale to help, as he goes there quite a lot. as she isn`t allowed out of the house on her own, she has no way of seeking legal help. she doesn`t have any friends either. she wants to be able to get an emergency pasasport and travel, all on the same day, as she said once she leaves the house, there is no way she could go back. I think she is very afraid of her partner.
I think I already told you what you should do in my opinion on another forum as this wont wait until September if it is as bad as you described

Call the UK Embassy in Spain and explain the situation fully to them. They may well be able to advise if she can take the children away from Spain without the fathers approval. In any case, its positive action

Heres the link again: http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/
Old Jun 19th 2011, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think I already told you what you should do in my opinion on another forum as this wont wait until September if it is as bad as you described

Call the UK Embassy in Spain and explain the situation fully to them. They may well be able to advise if she can take the children away from Spain without the fathers approval. In any case, its positive action

Agree with this. Family emergencies such as a mercy dash to help your daughter should never be ruled out due to holiday entitlement. If she cannot make the arrangements herself it is down to you to get advice and help for her.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 19th 2011 at 8:26 am.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

As with most forums people are left to fill in the gaps in stories which can lead to assumptions on the real circumstances.
It seems that you are saying that this is a very bad situation so....
If this was my daughter and grandchildren, I or my ex would be on a plane the next day, get them out of the house,(with the help of the police if neccesary) and be in safe accomodation .
I think you have been given excellent advice and contact numbers, however I am fully aware that what you are writing here is not all the facts of what is a complicated human condition.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

If she is a british national she can get back in without a passport the UK cannot refuse her.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cazzy1
If she is a british national she can get back in without a passport the UK cannot refuse her.
the only problem might be persuading the airline to let her get on the plane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.