Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:30 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Sorry,

Had to run off to a meeting earlier, but I see that you got some more help

If you haven't got it to work yet, try switching the phone off, wait about 15 seconds, switch it back on and try the sequence of numbers again very slowly and carefully.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:41 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mich, If you can only get emergency calls only, you may have already blocked you SIM. Contact the mobile operator to verify. If it is blocked and you have a contract, they should be able to send you a replacement SIM for a small charge. If uncontracted, you may be able to purchase one for whatever the going rate is in Spain!
Hope I'm wrong and it comes back up again, but do try as suggested by Sam, to turn of, take battery and SIM out and leave for minute then replace and power up again.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi Mich, If you can only get emergency calls only, you may have already blocked you SIM. Contact the mobile operator to verify. If it is blocked and you have a contract, they should be able to send you a replacement SIM for a small charge. If uncontracted, you may be able to purchase one for whatever the going rate is in Spain!
Hope I'm wrong and it comes back up again, but do try as suggested by Sam, to turn of, take battery and SIM out and leave for minute then replace and power up again.
You also get Emergency calls only come up when you have a bad signal.

If they gave you the PUK number didn`t they tell you what to do ?

Take it in a movistar shop and ask them to sort it for you.

Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys....

I am going into a Movistar shop..... hope they understand me

I phoned 1485 but no, they only gave me the PUK no. did not give me other info and I stupidly didn't ask.....

Anyway - hopefully will be up and ringing later.....

Tried switching it off removing battery etc etc but no good....boo hoo !

Hasta luego x