Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

We have a Spanish SIM card...it's with Movistar (can not open their web page for some reason)....

Have looked for the pamphlet the SIM card came with to help to unblock it but have "misplaced" it....

Does anyone know how to unblock it by any chance???????

:curse:

Probably will have to go down to the mobile shop with 2 tired toddlers and very limited Spanish....

So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

mich xxx
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:08 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
We have a Spanish SIM card...it's with Movistar (can not open their web page for some reason)....

Have looked for the pamphlet the SIM card came with to help to unblock it but have "misplaced" it....

Does anyone know how to unblock it by any chance???????

:curse:

Probably will have to go down to the mobile shop with 2 tired toddlers and very limited Spanish....

So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

mich xxx
You need your puk number. If you have that, you can unblock it.

If not, call 1485 from landline (it's free) and ask for someone who speaks English.

Movistar website here

Martha
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnM
You need your puk number. If you have that, you can unblock it.

If not, call 1485 from landline (it's free) and ask for someone who speaks English.

Movistar website here

Martha
You star....thanks alot ...the puk no. was with the other info which is "misplaced"...or put somewhere REALLY safe....

Will give that 1485 no a ring...

Thanks again x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mrs E

Have just looked in the pamphlet that came with my Movistar mobile.
This is a (very!) rough translation of what I think it says!!

The PUK (unblocking code)
The PUK code will be very useful to you when you need to unblock your card (if you have incorrectly entered your PIN 3 times). This 8 digit code can be found on the back of the SIM card, behind (under?) a silver band. To unblock your card, type in:

* * 0 5 * PUK * PIN Nuevo * PIN Nuevo # or follow the instructions that appear on the screen of your mobile.

Mrs E Where it says Pin Nuevo, I'm not sure whether they mean to type in a new 4 digit PIN, or literally to type the words PIN Nuevo!?
I'm not very technical, but I am a bit literal!!

Anyway, then it says,

If while introducing the unblocking code (PUK) you make TWO mistakes, your card will remain permanently blocked. As a result of this, you must keep this unblocking code in a safe place.

I don't know if this is any help to you at all??

Best of luck, and let me know how you get on.
All good wishes,
Sam x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brisca
Hi Mrs E

Have just looked in the pamphlet that came with my Movistar mobile.
This is a (very!) rough translation of what I think it says!!

The PUK (unblocking code)
The PUK code will be very useful to you when you need to unblock your card (if you have incorrectly entered your PIN 3 times). This 8 digit code can be found on the back of the SIM card, behind (under?) a silver band. To unblock your card, type in:

* * 0 5 * PUK * PIN Nuevo * PIN Nuevo # or follow the instructions that appear on the screen of your mobile.

Mrs E Where it says Pin Nuevo, I'm not sure whether they mean to type in a new 4 digit PIN, or literally to type the words PIN Nuevo!?
I'm not very technical, but I am a bit literal!!

Anyway, then it says,

If while introducing the unblocking code (PUK) you make TWO mistakes, your card will remain permanently blocked. As a result of this, you must keep this unblocking code in a safe place.

I don't know if this is any help to you at all??

Best of luck, and let me know how you get on.
All good wishes,
Sam x

Thanks ever so much you are a star...the number on the sim card is in silver but is 12 digits long with one more at the end

Well I'll give it a go and let you know

Thanks again

Mich xx
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Brisca,

Sorry to be a pain but it won't let me type anything....it keeps saying Emergency Calls only.....

I've now got the PUK no. from 1485.....

I'm having problems

Is it : star star 05 star 12345678 (PUK) star "1234" (new code) star "1234" (new code) hash

?

Last edited by Mrs eddie; Mar 21st 2007 at 3:47 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Mich,

It says:

star star 0 5 star PUK star new PIN star new PIN hash

You are a very brave woman!!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Doh! Silly me!

Just realised that's exactly the same as what you were checking with me

Hope it works.

Sam xx
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any luck yet, Mich??

Or have you given up in desperation!?

Hope all is OK,
Sam x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Any luck yet, Mich??

Hope all is OK,
Sam x
Phone her up ;-)
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Help Mr E's blocked the SIM!!!!!!!!

Can I hijack the thread? What number do I put in to find my balance please?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

* (star) 133 # (hash)

Beware! you can only do this for free ONCE a day.
After that, I think it's 15 cents each time.

Sam
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Any luck yet, Mich??

Hope all is OK,
Sam x

No luck....can't get it to stop saying "emergency calls only"....wont let me type anything...

Aaaaaarrrrgh....gave up for a while as doing kids tea, but will try and try again....

Kee you posted !!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Can I hijack the thread? What number do I put in to find my balance please?
Or 333
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.