Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Healthcare in Spain

Healthcare in Spain

Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:51 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare in Spain

For four of those cases they supplied supporting documentation, and three of those four related to the Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella, where according to a hospital spokesperson 85,000 foreigners are treated each year. 3 out of 85,000 is an absolutely miniscule proportion, and I am now confirmed in my belief that (surprise, surprise) this story was greatly exaggerated by the British tabloid press.
Yep. Doesn't matter how many times Dick (or any other member of TeamUK) pops up to rubbish my opinion. It seems that the board members resident in Spain have had good service from the Spanish health service, and indeed I know Brits who've needed attention there, without ever being charged privately.
As I said before, my mind is at rest. Up to others whether they believe the Usual Scaremongers here.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:56 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

so the EU Commission is scaremongering
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:05 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
so the EU Commission is scaremongering
I'm sure there have been various investigations into why over a thousand people were killed in that Staffordshore authority, or all those people killed by Dr Shipman.
But does that scare me from using the British Nhs when needed? Not at all. In terms of the total numbers these are very small blips
If you, DD, Aggy and one or two others think this is a big deal (3 cases out of 85,000), that's your choice. As I've stated, my mind is at ease.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:35 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

So an article in an ex-pat rag and a couple of posters on here saying it's all hunky dory convinces you...oh! you could add me too, I don't know anyone who has had trouble either...there you go Canute...proof all the European governments are wrong. When you are losing bring up the UK!!
Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm sure there have been various investigations into why over a thousand people were killed in that Staffordshore authority, or all those people killed by Dr Shipman.
But does that scare me from using the British Nhs when needed? Not at all. In terms of the total numbers these are very small blips
If you, DD, Aggy and one or two others think this is a big deal (3 cases out of 85,000), that's your choice. As I've stated, my mind is at ease.
Stevie that is pathetic, even by your sad standards.

If you want to constantly make an issue of something in the UK which has absolutely knack all to do with this topic, at least have the bottle to get on and make a separate thread of it.

Just to remind you again that,
A, The topic is NOT about the UK Health service
B, It is NOT about the general standard of the Spanish Health service

Can you not at the very least have the common decency to finally admit that the EU strongly believe that there is a case to answer regarding the refusal of emergency treatment at Spanish State Hospitals and Clinics ???
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

If you want to constantly make an issue of something in the UK which has absolutely knack all to do with this topic, at least have the bottle to get on and make a separate thread of it.

Can you not at the very least have the common decency to finally admit that the EU strongly believe that there is a case to answer regarding the refusal of emergency treatment at Spanish State Hospitals and Clinics ???
Totally agree ... I can't believe the EU would get involved if there were such a small number of instances where the card was not accepted when it rightly should have been.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:18 pm
Not Banned (yet)

I repeat If you, J2 Aggy and one or two others think this is a big deal (3 cases out of 85,000), that's your choice. As I've stated, my mind is at ease. Same as in the UK (where for comparison's sake) there were 1200 deaths in one authority alone (East Staffs). I've been very happy with treatment in the UK. Why should I fear the Spanish system?

And leave out the hypocritical calls to decency PAL - you're constantly talking down to other posters and claiming they live in a dream world when they expose your rantings.

If you want to join Stevie in cloud cuckoo land then I wish you all the best.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I repeat If you, J2 Aggy and one or two others think this is a big deal (3 cases out of 85,000), that's your choice. As I've stated, my mind is at ease. Same as in the UK (where for comparison's sake) there were 1200 deaths in one authority alone (East Staffs). I've been very happy with treatment in the UK. Why should I fear the Spanish system?

And leave out the hypocritical calls to decency PAL - you're constantly talking down to other posters and claiming they live in a dream world when they expose your rantings.
NOTHING to do with general standards in either the Spanish or UK health services.

The fact that you are personally unwilling to recognise that the EU have with good reason being pursuing the matter in question for quite a while now, says it all.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:34 pm
Banned

Prove it is 3 cases out of 85,000. Even if it were true (it's not) then you wouldn't think it so good if you were one handed a bill for €6000

Dick do you remember the Iraqi PR bloke...remind you of anyone?
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:46 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Oh dear, TeamUK really laying into me....

Tell you what. If out of all the millions of visitors to Spain this summer (and 100,000s of people needing medical treatment), you can find 20 instances of this happening, I'll stop regarding you as The Usual Scaremongers....not going to happen though is it???...
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:56 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Prove it is 3 cases out of 85,000. Even if it were true (it's not) then you wouldn't think it so good if you were one handed a bill for €6000

Dick do you remember the Iraqi PR bloke...remind you of anyone?

Say no more.

Standing there all alone, day after day, in total denial to the bleedin obvious, with his whole world collapsing around his lugs.

Would have been quite funny, if it weren't all so sad.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:04 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Say no more.

Standing there all alone, day after day, in total denial to the bleedin obvious, with his whole world collapsing around his lugs.

Would have been quite funny, if it weren't all so sad.
Are you this stupid in real life?

Tell you what, keep up the insults and abuse. That is really going to change my mind.
If you really think 3 cases out of 85,000 is a systemic fraud or failing of the system - that's your choice. Until better evidence is provided, I choose to disregard your scare-mongering as absolute garbage. My choice.

For four of those cases they supplied supporting documentation, and three of those four related to the Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella, where according to a hospital spokesperson 85,000 foreigners are treated each year. 3 out of 85,000 is an absolutely miniscule proportion, and I am now confirmed in my belief that (surprise, surprise) this story was greatly exaggerated by the British tabloid press.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:28 pm
On the road again.

Are you this stupid in real life?

Tell you what, keep up the insults and abuse. That is really going to change my mind.
If you really think 3 cases out of 85,000 is a systemic fraud or failing of the system - that's your choice. Until better evidence is provided, I choose to disregard your scare-mongering as absolute garbage. My choice.

As far as I'm aware that remark of yours is the one and only instance of a personal insult on this thread.

Now bearing in mind the number of other posters who have politely and diplomatically tried to advise you against making yourself look ridiculous with your repeated denials of what is as obvious as the nose on your face and certainly very clearly obvious to everyone else.....................
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:33 pm
Not Banned (yet)

As far as I'm aware that remark of yours is the one and only instance of a personal insult on this thread.

Now bearing in mind the number of other posters who have politely and diplomatically tried to advise you against making yourself look ridiculous with your repeated denials of what is as obvious as the nose on your face and certainly very clearly obvious to everyone else.....................
Keep it up!
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't get personal or I will just delete your posts.

Back on topic please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.