Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Guardia Civil shooting in Gib waters

Guardia Civil shooting in Gib waters

Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guardia Civil shooting in Gib waters

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Well the program basically covers 50 years, whats changed

NOTHING
Ahh you seen it, oops
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:03 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the programme last night was a refreshing and informative comparison to the " kiss me quick " series shown earlier this year.
What interestng aspect was that prior to the Franco blockade the " native " Gibraltarians and the local Spanish regarded themselves as one community.
As one particpant said it was Franco who effectively forced them into becoming a seperate community with ts own identity. Those resdents of Spanish, Maltese.Portuguese descent etc by force of circumstances became " Gbraltarians ".
The anti Spanish atititude shown by some Anglo Gibraltarians was not present.
As the main particpant said, she was going to get married in Spain and spend even more time in Spain. They regarded the Spanish are part of a wider family even if they sometimes do not behave like relations should.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:53 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Well the program basically covers 50 years, whats changed

NOTHING
That was the point I made when I said Haig was an appeaser. Over the years I went to Gibraltar there were often delays when the Spaniards threw a wobbly because of some trivial dispute. GB has rarely said a word.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:56 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That was the point I made when I said Haig was an appeaser. Over the years I went to Gibraltar there were often delays when the Spaniards threw a wobbly because of some trivial dispute. GB has rarely said a word.
doesn't need to - possession being nine tenths as they say

Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I watched the programme last night was a refreshing and informative comparison to the " kiss me quick " series shown earlier this year.
What interestng aspect was that prior to the Franco blockade the " native " Gibraltarians and the local Spanish regarded themselves as one community.
As one particpant said it was Franco who effectively forced them into becoming a seperate community with ts own identity. Those resdents of Spanish, Maltese.Portuguese descent etc by force of circumstances became " Gbraltarians ".
The anti Spanish atititude shown by some Anglo Gibraltarians was not present.
As the main particpant said, she was going to get married in Spain and spend even more time in Spain. They regarded the Spanish are part of a wider family even if they sometimes do not behave like relations should.
Has it changed your view on the issue of Sovereignty?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:35 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I am closing this thread after consultation with Fredbargate, the OP.

It has dragged on for a long time and recently a lot of discussion about Syria has crept in which is clearly off topic.

Fred has now opened two new threads, one specifically about the current Gibraltar situation and a second one for discussion about the Syrian situation.