Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

good loving home needed

good loving home needed

Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

countrymusicfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy good loving home needed

Hello, I am a 6 year old English Bulldog looking for a new family to adopt me. My family are moving back to the UK, they would love to take me with them but it is not possible. I am very loving and affectionate, a great companion, I am also a great guard dog, I am great with children and other animals. I love my walks and being made a fuss of. PLEASE will somebody love me !!!! We are running out of time. love from Harley x
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good loving home needed

Hi and welcome to BE.

Such a shame that you cannot take your dog with you when you return to the UK. The members on here will probably ask you a lot of questions so be ready with your answers.

Rosemary
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hi and welcome to BE.

Such a shame that you cannot take your dog with you when you return to the UK. The members on here will probably ask you a lot of questions so be ready with your answers.

Rosemary
Critically for some of us, where is he/are you (if you speak English - my dog doesn't when the mood takes her......)
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: good loving home needed

Hi fionamw,
We are near Alcala la real, in the province of Jaen. English family, Please don't criticise my humans, this is heart breaking enough for them. This decision has not been made lightly or in haste. Love Harley x
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't mean to criticise, meant it would be critically important (distance) for some people to know where you are. I know only too well how sad and frustrating it is that people can treat animals so awfully (found a bag of pups myself less than two weeks ago) when others care so deeply. Sorry I can't help personally, but good luck. Harley sounds lovely.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: good loving home needed

Hi Fionamw, Distance is not too much of an issue as my owners are prepared to drive me( within reason ) to the right family should travelling to collect me be an issue,Thanks for caring x x Harley x x
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:18 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Not being critical but this should serve as a warning to those Brits who have dogs and don't have passports for them. Dogs are for life not just while you are in Spain. Everyone knows they aren't going back to the UK, but...........?

Good luck with the re-homing.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Here are some photo's of me, Am I gorgeous or what !!!! x x Harley x x
Attached Thumbnails good loving home needed-harley.jpg   good loving home needed-harley2.jpg   good loving home needed-harley3.jpg  
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Gorgeous dog.I really hope you find a loving home for him but what if you dont.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 11:16 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

A dog is for life
not just for Christmas
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by countrymusicfan
Here are some photo's of me, Am I gorgeous or what !!!! x x Harley x x
You are a looker, Harley. Personally, I couldn't let you go .... or if I did, it would be a trip to the vets. Too many horror stories of older dogs and rehoming - sorry but it's the reality.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

I think most people know my opinions as to humans who for what ever reason leave their pets, a friend of mine is returning to the UK and she has 12 dogs, each and everyone is going back. Now that is an owner that cares enough to plan first and she thought she was never going back to the UK.

Although she has no property in the UK she has found a rental property that will allow her to have her beloved dogs or else she was quite happy to get a caravan and live in that till she found the right home.

I wish you every luck Harley but with the crisis here I fear your chances are not good, can your owners not arrange for a passport and then go through the process of taking you back be letting you stay with a foster home for 6 months, I know there are people who will do it so yet another dog does not end up at a killing station, killed on the road or simply tied to a bin as the owner ran out of time. It should be obligatory that an prospective owner of a dog be made to visit a killing station and see just what can happen should they not prepare to take the life long commitment, but then again if you can get rid of your most loyal of companions then there is not a lot of hope is there.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
I think most people know my opinions as to humans who for what ever reason leave their pets, a friend of mine is returning to the UK and she has 12 dogs, each and everyone is going back. Now that is an owner that cares enough to plan first and she thought she was never going back to the UK.

Although she has no property in the UK she has found a rental property that will allow her to have her beloved dogs or else she was quite happy to get a caravan and live in that till she found the right home.

I wish you every luck Harley but with the crisis here I fear your chances are not good, can your owners not arrange for a passport and then go through the process of taking you back be letting you stay with a foster home for 6 months, I know there are people who will do it so yet another dog does not end up at a killing station, killed on the road or simply tied to a bin as the owner ran out of time. It should be obligatory that an prospective owner of a dog be made to visit a killing station and see just what can happen should they not prepare to take the life long commitment, but then again if you can get rid of your most loyal of companions then there is not a lot of hope is there.
A killing station .... is that a vetinerary clinic?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

No a killing station is not a vet clinic, it is what it says, it is a little like a dog pound where the dogs are dumped where they are basically killed. Many are left without food for the 14 days (which is what they are required to keep them by law) as it is not worth feeding them, the conditions are beyond belief and it is often a sweet mercy when they are destroyed although it can be a pityfully slow death by gassing.

Many of the dogs there were once loved pets that fell out of favour or were simply dumped when the owners went back to their country of origin and people say that we have to consider the humans feelings. Many of the animal rescue charities try very hard to rescue at least a few dogs from these stations but there are many more scarified because of human negligence.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

suedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant future

Countrymusicfan - loyal to your country music but not to your dog!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.