Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

good loving home needed

good loving home needed

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good loving home needed

Originally Posted by jay01
No a killing station is not a vet clinic, it is what it says, it is a little like a dog pound where the dogs are dumped where they are basically killed. Many are left without food for the 14 days (which is what they are required to keep them by law) as it is not worth feeding them, the conditions are beyond belief and it is often a sweet mercy when they are destroyed although it can be a pityfully slow death by gassing.

Many of the dogs there were once loved pets that fell out of favour or were simply dumped when the owners went back to their country of origin and people say that we have to consider the humans feelings. Many of the animal rescue charities try very hard to rescue at least a few dogs from these stations but there are many more scarified because of human negligence.
Ok, a dog pound. I don't live in Spain so was not aware of this set up ... although none of it surprises me.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Compared to a British dog pound which is all you can relate it, to try adding an Auschwitz for dogs into the mix, plus less humanity than can be found on Mars as having a heart in those places would make it impossible to work there.

Why a loyal companion, friend and protector is not worth the fee to have them sterilised so more puppies do not end up in the system, getting them ready to travel should the need arise or simply buy a collar that helps them to defend them selves from deadly diseases is beyond me, yet these same people can be seen in bars, restaurants and enjoying the life they have chosen to live but think little of their 4 legged friend
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
Compared to a British dog pound which is all you can relate it, to try adding an Auschwitz for dogs into the mix, plus less humanity than can be found on Mars as having a heart in those places would make it impossible to work there.

Why a loyal companion, friend and protector is not worth the fee to have them sterilised so more puppies do not end up in the system, getting them ready to travel should the need arise or simply buy a collar that helps them to defend them selves from deadly diseases is beyond me, yet these same people can be seen in bars, restaurants and enjoying the life they have chosen to live but think little of their 4 legged friend
Don't know anything about dog pounds in the UK or abroad but I'm well aware of the level of cruelty that exists towards dogs, particularly in Spain.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:53 am
Just Joined

countrymusicfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: good loving home needed

How easy it is for you all to sit and judge me !!! You don't know us, You don't know our personal circumstances, If a good, loving home cannot be found for Harley, he would NOT be " left behind " or sent to the " gas chamber " we love Harley very much, we would have to find a way of taking him back with us, Harley was born in Spain, we didn't take him with us, we paid 1.500 euro for him to rescue him from a small glass box in the pet shop window. Our other dog we have had since she was a tiny pup, she is now 15 years old, deaf as a post, and riddled with cancer, we are still trying to find the courage to take her for her last visit to the vet!! Our son is so upset that his beloved dogs won't be coming back with us, do you think that maybe we are also bad parents ? We never planned to move back to the Uk, but tragedy forces us. Walk a mile in our shoes before you judge us.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by countrymusicfan
How easy it is for you all to sit and judge me !!! You don't know us, You don't know our personal circumstances, If a good, loving home cannot be found for Harley, he would NOT be " left behind " or sent to the " gas chamber " we love Harley very much, we would have to find a way of taking him back with us, Harley was born in Spain, we didn't take him with us, we paid 1.500 euro for him to rescue him from a small glass box in the pet shop window. Our other dog we have had since she was a tiny pup, she is now 15 years old, deaf as a post, and riddled with cancer, we are still trying to find the courage to take her for her last visit to the vet!! Our son is so upset that his beloved dogs won't be coming back with us, do you think that maybe we are also bad parents ? We never planned to move back to the Uk, but tragedy forces us. Walk a mile in our shoes before you judge us.
Bringing a dog into UK is a very difficult and expensive business, especially if your return is unexpected and you haven't had time to plan well in advance to avoid quarantine.
I really hope that you find a good home Harley ... Maybe ask your owners to put up photos of you on local noticeboards in social clubs, bars etc where expats gather, saying that you need a new home, even temporarily whilst you have the necessary jabs, courses of treatment to rejoin your family? I can't help you, I'm afraid, as although we have a holiday home in Spain, we currently live in UK with our two canine companions... Good luck
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree, we can't always know what the future holds and you are trying to find Harley a decent home so I wish you luck in doing that.

As for your other dog, I can empathise. My 12 year old dog was "put to sleep" last week as his back legs were very weak. It was not a question of finding the courage - more a question of ensuring my dog did not have to suffer pain and loss of dignity. In that respect, it was an easy decision.

If you are not able to act in the dog's best interests then it may be that you are not suited to being a dog owner. My niece is a veterinary nurse and is regularly shocked by owners of very sick animals paying out for treatment instead of euthanasia.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:38 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand the logic. You pay 1500 for a dog but didn't bother to pay around 100 for a passport
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

People seem to be assuming that the dog does not have a passport but this has not been said by the owner. There are many reasons why they are not able to take the dog back with them.

I am extremely allergic to cats and dogs so if my daughter had to come to live with me as an emergency measure she would not be able to bring her pets her.

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Oddities
People seem to be assuming that the dog does not have a passport but this has not been said by the owner. There are many reasons why they are not able to take the dog back with them.

I am extremely allergic to cats and dogs so if my daughter had to come to live with me as an emergency measure she would not be able to bring her pets her.

Rosemary
I am totally sympathetic to the OP and hope I am never in their position, but surely, if the Harley HAD a passport, it would be easier to re-home him in UK than in Spain, even if one had to take him to a 'dog rescue' over here...
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:51 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I am totally sympathetic to the OP and hope I am never in their position, but surely, if the Harley HAD a passport, it would be easier to re-home him in UK than in Spain, even if one had to take him to a 'dog rescue' over here...
Exactly!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

I judge no one but simply say it as I see it. Instead of trying to find him a home put your engery into taking him home with you to the UK. As for taking your older dog to the vet for a last visit in all honesty you are doing what is best for her and not for you, that is admirable I have a dog that I have had for 18years and yes I know that at some point this summer I WILL BE taking him to the vet for the last visit so please do not tell me to walk a mile in your shoes.

Do you think you did those that came after Harley a favour spending 1500 on buying him from a glass cage, all you did was feed a system that feeds the pet shops, for the same amount of money you could have bought enough food to feed a rescue centre for 2 weeks. Ask yourself this if you had no passport for your son or place to stay in the UK that allows children would you leave you him in Spain or do everything you could to take him with you, domestic dogs were breed to remain at the teenage stage of dog development so what you have is doggy inequivalent of children.

You may not like what you see me write but it is all so true, I do not judge you as a person I am simply judging your actions and do not apologise for it, last week I was at local rescue centre when a lady brought her dog in, handed it over, along with it passport paperwork and walked away, she no longer wanted it the dog was less than 8 inches tall and so cute but it became another statistic and one less place for a dog that has found it's self at a killing station. If you love Harley then take him with you, if you need a foster home and help to sort out the legal side of taking him to the UK just ask at your local rescue centre or via here, you may well get a surprise.

Last edited by jay01; Jun 23rd 2011 at 10:04 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: good loving home needed

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I don't understand the logic. You pay 1500 for a dog but didn't bother to pay around 100 for a passport
Do not ASSUME we do not have a passport, because when you
ASSUME
you make an ASS out of U and ME,

you judgemental , self optionated **** !!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:00 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
A dog is for life
not just for Christmas
nothing has changed so far as I am concerned.

change Harley from dog to male child ...... what is difference????
you have taken on a responsibility for a life, you cannot discard it at a whim, such things as move to UK are not immediate and the care of ALL family members should be included.

We nursed our dog thru serious illness, got passport, all jabs and then drove him ourselves the 1500 miles to his new home. If (heaven forbid) we should return to UK then we will do it all again.

sorry, only deep sympathy for the pet that has only known one small group of people who now want to push him off
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:08 am
Just Joined

What an awful forum this is, full off idiots who think they are so bloody righteous, i shall not be responding to any more of you spiteful threads. Incidently, he has a passport, personal tragedy forces immediate move, not that I have to justify myself to a bunch of hypocrital morons that obviously have nothing better to do with their time than sit on sad forums giving their sad little opions to anyone who will listen. What a bunch of self loathing little people you must all be.

GET A LIFE OF YOUR OWN !!!!!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What an awful forum this is, full off idiots who think they are so bloody righteous, i shall not be responding to any more of you spiteful threads. Incidently, he has a passport, personal tragedy forces immediate move, not that I have to justify myself to a bunch of hypocrital morons that obviously have nothing better to do with their time than sit on sad forums giving their sad little opions to anyone who will listen. What a bunch of self loathing little people you must all be.

GET A LIFE OF YOUR OWN !!!!!!!!
Please do not tar everyone on this forum with the same brush. Not everyone is the same or thinks the same.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.