Good films

Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:19 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good films

There's bad language all the way through it - but then again the 2 main characters are Irish so to me it didn't seem out of place. It has some brilliant moments of black (and not so black) humour.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:25 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Last night we went to see the new version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Having read all three books avidly and seen all the Swedish films (and enjoyed them all) I decided that I didn't want to see the US version in case it was too "gung ho".

After reading the reviews following its release I changed my mind. OH who hadn't been as "anti" as me was more than willing to see it.

Verdict: IMHO it's excellent, I enjoyed it more than the Swedish version but that may be partly due to not missing expressions/nuances because of not needing to read subtitles. Daniel Craig was a better Blomkvist than in the earlier version. I found the character in the Swedish version to be more diffident than I had imagined. I felt more sympathy for Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander in the new version as well.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:55 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
There's bad language all the way through it - but then again the 2 main characters are Irish so to me it didn't seem out of place. It has some brilliant moments of black (and not so black) humour.
Probably a bit too strong for the prudes but the various characters were a brilliant mix and I still found it hilarious on the third viewing.