Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Golf Courses to play

Golf Courses to play

Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

jases1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golf Courses to play

Hi guys, I'll be over in November and will be playing both Esuri courses. However looking for some other courses to play. Can anyone recommend any they've played recently?

What's Monte Rai looking like?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:58 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Golf Courses to play

Originally Posted by jases1000
Hi guys, I'll be over in November and will be playing both Esuri courses. However looking for some other courses to play. Can anyone recommend any they've played recently?

Quinta de Ria & Quinta da Cima in Portugal are popular, also Castro Marim is recommended.

In Spain on a short driving distance you can play Isla Canela´s course or Islantilla, El Portil, El Rompido, etc.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Played Monte Rei in February with three pals. Quite simply the best course any of us have ever played (and we've played many of the top courses in Europe over the years), taking into account the quality of the design, condition and the impeccable service from the moment you roll up to the front door. Expensive but worth every Euro. In addition to Esuri, we also played El Rompido (both courses) - very enjoyable, Quinta do Vale (Ballesteros course) - poor condition and quirky design with too many good shots penalised.
Enjoy your golf.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

There are so many to choose from all very good,we come out twice a year 8 lads,and usually play.Esuri both courses,Castro Marim,Quinta Do Vale,El Rompido. coming out in November and playing Quina De Cima for the first time,it depends on how much you want to spend?. Try Karl at Links Golf some good deals about,enjoy yyor golf.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teed Up
There are so many to choose from all very good,we come out twice a year 8 lads,and usually play.Esuri both courses,Castro Marim,Quinta Do Vale,El Rompido. coming out in November and playing Quina De Cima for the first time,it depends on how much you want to spend?. Try Karl at Links Golf some good deals about,enjoy yyor golf.
Be good to hear what you think about Quinta de Cima when you get back as planning to go over early next year and it's nice to play soemwhere new each time. I was talking to the manager at CE and he reckons CE is the cheapest golf in the area at the moment. Don't know if that's correct or not.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

hellsrogers will become famous soon enoughhellsrogers will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Golf Courses to play

Played both Quinta da Ria and Quinta da Cima. Both good courses, usually in good condition but not as interesting as others .....slightly more open. Good courses to play as a starter to a golf holiday as they allow you to warm up without being too itimidating

Played all course (including Monte Rei) between Tavira and El Rompido with the exception of Isla Canela. My favourite is the 27 holes at Islantilla. Very similar in many ways to Vilamoura Old ......plenty of thick cork trees with a few water hazards.

There are not too many courses in the area that I would suggest should be avoided

Enjoy your golf
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AndyS
Be good to hear what you think about Quinta de Cima when you get back as planning to go over early next year and it's nice to play soemwhere new each time. I was talking to the manager at CE and he reckons CE is the cheapest golf in the area at the moment. Don't know if that's correct or not.
We did want to play quinta de Ria and will ask on the day if its possible? it seems now they have opened a hotel on the complex they block out all the tees each morning for guests?, so will see on the day but both look very good. as for price were paying £127 two ball with buggies at QDC,and 120 Euro's for same at esuri,same price at castro Marim so not quite the cheapest. The best deal we got is Islantilla 34 Euro's,cant wait 7 more days come on!!.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

We did want to play quinta de Ria and will ask on the day if its possible? it seems now they have opened a hotel on the complex they block out all the tees each morning for guests?, so will see on the day but both look very good. as for price were paying £127 two ball with buggies at QDC,and 120 Euro's for same at esuri,same price at castro Marim so not quite the cheapest. The best deal we got is Islantilla 34 Euro's,cant wait 7 more days come on!!.
I feel a touch of the green eyed monster coming on! I couldn't play yesterday as it was coming down in stair rods and today the temp has dropped big time, so I guess it will be out with the cold weather gear for the next 6 months - lovely! Mind you I did enjoy watching Ross Fisher give Anthony Kim a good thrashing on tv yesterday.
That price at Islantilla looks a bit useful; shall bear that in mind for my next trip.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I feel a touch of the green eyed monster coming on! I couldn't play yesterday as it was coming down in stair rods and today the temp has dropped big time, so I guess it will be out with the cold weather gear for the next 6 months - lovely! Mind you I did enjoy watching Ross Fisher give Anthony Kim a good thrashing on tv yesterday.
That price at Islantilla looks a bit useful; shall bear that in mind for my next trip.
played here on Thursday was t shirt weather but think its gone now?,hence the trip to Spain, its the talk of the pub at the moment,we bore them all with our tales great golf lovely weather and the odd beer!!. we also got on Quinta Do Vale for £43 each which i think is a great price?.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

The problem I've had with Islantilla in recent visits, is actually getting a tee time. Either they are always busy, or they recognise my name.
Steve
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
The problem I've had with Islantilla in recent visits, is actually getting a tee time. Either they are always busy, or they recognise my name.
Steve
We have booked through Links golf so did'nt seem to be a problem?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

jases1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have booked through Links golf so did'nt seem to be a problem?
Teed Up, have you got contact details for Links golf?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Teed Up, have you got contact details for Links golf?
Here you are

http://www.linksgolfeurope.com/
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know whether the new course called Monacilla (right next door to Bellavista) is open, or when it is going to open? We drove round it earlier this year, and all the fairways were laid out and the greens mown but no sign of life.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Courses to play

Originally Posted by A & M
Does anyone know whether the new course called Monacilla (right next door to Bellavista) is open, or when it is going to open? We drove round it earlier this year, and all the fairways were laid out and the greens mown but no sign of life.
Where in relation to Ayamonte are these courses? I did an excercise last night and found that there are 15 course within 25km/15miles of CE but did not include those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.