Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Golf Courses to play

Golf Courses to play

Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Courses to play

Originally Posted by jases1000
Teed Up, have you got contact details for Links golf?
More important have you got the Costco bacon?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf Courses to play

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Where in relation to Ayamonte are these courses? I did an excercise last night and found that there are 15 course within 25km/15miles of CE but did not include those.
Bellavista and Monacilla are both on the road to Huelva, just past Aljaraque and before you get to Corrales. If you've ever been to Leroy Merlin in Corrales, you will have passed them - on the left, just as you come into Corrales.

Bellavista is the oldest golf club in the Huelva area - founded 1916, on (I think) land given by the Rio Tinto company. It's a lovely course with a traditional, "old club" feel.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

More important have you got the Costco bacon?
Sorry John you will have to wait till Boxing day, back out with Pam then,and the Bacon/Black pudding from Costco. Will invite you round for breakfast one morning.

Only golfers this trip and staying in B&B in town.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Sorry John you will have to wait till Boxing day, back out with Pam then,and the Bacon/Black pudding from Costco. Will invite you round for breakfast one morning.

Only golfers this trip and staying in B&B in town.
We will be back in Wigan (well Billinge to be exact) for christmas and Boxing day.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by A & M
Bellavista and Monacilla are both on the road to Huelva, just past Aljaraque and before you get to Corrales. If you've ever been to Leroy Merlin in Corrales, you will have passed them - on the left, just as you come into Corrales.

Bellavista is the oldest golf club in the Huelva area - founded 1916, on (I think) land given by the Rio Tinto company. It's a lovely course with a traditional, "old club" feel.
Went to Le Roy Merlin today and passed them and the Rio Tinto engines. Just a bit more than the 25 km but still quick along the motorway so I might just include them making 17 in all.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

We will be back in Wigan (well Billinge to be exact) for christmas and Boxing day.
Give the eagle pub a try just had a refit and believe the food is very good and not expensive,were not to far away Winstanley,Wigan. You will be able to get your own supplies from Costco Haydock,fill your cases!!.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Give the eagle pub a try just had a refit and believe the food is very good and not expensive,were not to far away Winstanley,Wigan. You will be able to get your own supplies from Costco Haydock,fill your cases!!.
Yes Costco Haydock is a great place the only one where I have seen Tandem bikes but I did not buy one and they have not had them since.We must have a beer when you are out I have some important Costco questions to ask.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes Costco Haydock is a great place the only one where I have seen Tandem bikes but I did not buy one and they have not had them since.We must have a beer when you are out I have some important Costco questions to ask.
Hi john,

If you get chance while back home try Costco Liverpool they often stock lots more items than the Haydock branch,plus its a day out for you,take in the Albert Dock and Liverpool 0ne.

Ken.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi John,

just back from our trip,here in sunny Wigan!!(not),while there walked past the bike store by the old church on the back road (all roadworks going on)and spotted a tandem bike in there,so there you go get down and start your tandem cycling?.

Ken.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi John,

just back from our trip,here in sunny Wigan!!(not),while there walked past the bike store by the old church on the back road (all roadworks going on)and spotted a tandem bike in there,so there you go get down and start your tandem cycling?.

Ken.
Do you mean the church up by the Parador?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Played Monte Rei on Good Friday. It was their Easter comp, open to non members and I was advised of it by e-mail a couple of weeks earlier. Price €90(instead of €150) including lunch!! I think it suggests that more of these types of offers will come along as, like all clubs, they need the income. I did consider joining for a mere €75,000 (30 year membership) PLUS €2,000 annual subscription - bargain.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AndyS
Played Monte Rei on Good Friday. It was their Easter comp, open to non members and I was advised of it by e-mail a couple of weeks earlier. Price €90(instead of €150) including lunch!! I think it suggests that more of these types of offers will come along as, like all clubs, they need the income. I did consider joining for a mere €75,000 (30 year membership) PLUS €2,000 annual subscription - bargain.
But it is rated No 1 course in Portugal and No 10 in the Iberian peninsula so its up there amongst the best but I think I might buy an apartment in Monte Gordo for that price! Sorry we missed you but next time!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

But it is rated No 1 course in Portugal and No 10 in the Iberian peninsula so its up there amongst the best but I think I might buy an apartment in Monte Gordo for that price! Sorry we missed you but next time!
Yes, it's worth the green fee but you really need to be on your game to play anywhere near handicap. It's a course that really finds you out. I played like a dog and got everything I deserved, including 6 lost balls. Back in early July, so hope we will see you both then? No kids this time, one starting his career and the other has a much better offer, going away with a friend and her family. Just call us Johnny No Mates!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AndyS
Yes, it's worth the green fee but you really need to be on your game to play anywhere near handicap. It's a course that really finds you out. I played like a dog and got everything I deserved, including 6 lost balls. Back in early July, so hope we will see you both then? No kids this time, one starting his career and the other has a much better offer, going away with a friend and her family. Just call us Johnny No Mates!
Ah Ah you/they have come of age.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Where in relation to Ayamonte are these courses? I did an excercise last night and found that there are 15 course within 25km/15miles of CE but did not include those.
Steve has played at Bellavista and I walked round with him. It was a nice course and is on the road to Leroy Merlin, so our side of Huelva.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.