Golf Club

Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Golf Club

Most of your complains seem to concern Fadesa, and the answer will be long to get, until the conclusions of a judgement in Madrid. Anyway, I will pass some friends in the townhall (government or not) all these informations and try to see if we can organize a meeting. I insist on the fact i am not part of the townhall...
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:06 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi VS - so who's right about the private club, you or MT?
Hi Jon, I believe we both are. Originally it wasnt on the plans but appeared after the developer bought the land. I have heard that there was some kind of problem with the developer building on more metres than he was supposed to and the only way he could proceed was by using the plot which we now know as Jags as a communal club house, thus reducing the total area of livable space, and keeping him under his maximum build space. Whether this is indeed true I do not know, but it could make sense. This being the reason it is not owned outright by any individual and is divided equally between the villa owners.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
I was just wondering what was happening; as ever confusion ensues! As I have said in previous threads I don't bemoan the neighbour his legal challenge in the slightest. Also allowing a facility there could set a dangerous precedent for the rest of the development - what would stop someone opening a bar next to your villa for instance?

I don't want this to turn into the slanging match we had previously (not you J+K) I just wondered what had happened and what was happening. Has anybody seen any work going on? You would think it would be a good time to have a sort out/clean up/improvements if you were confident of getting approval?

I was under the impression that there was no lifeguard on duty (only from hearsay) when there should have been. Is this, in fact, wrong?
This is Spain they already can open all sorts of business's in the house next door. Do you not remember the lawyer who is Secretary to the EUC who operated newspaper editorial office from an end terrace house in a manzana near us just behind the brothel on the main road which was OK SINCE NO MORE THAN 2 girls were working the premises at the same time. There are hairdressing business's, building firms, gardening firms etc operating all over Esuri. Down town shops, offices, printers, bars and cafes all operate check by jowel with houses and in the ground floor of apartment blocks.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I was just wondering what was happening; as ever confusion ensues! As I have said in previous threads I don't bemoan the neighbour his legal challenge in the slightest. Also allowing a facility there could set a dangerous precedent for the rest of the development - what would stop someone opening a bar next to your villa for instance?

I don't want this to turn into the slanging match we had previously (not you J+K) I just wondered what had happened and what was happening. Has anybody seen any work going on? You would think it would be a good time to have a sort out/clean up/improvements if you were confident of getting approval?

I was under the impression that there was no lifeguard on duty (only from hearsay) when there should have been. Is this, in fact, wrong?
If you had been closed down with no cash flow and no certainty that the problems will be resolved soon if at all would you poor money into the same money pit. It is often written here on this forumn that the way to make a million from a bar in Spain is to start with two million. It's not that the Spanish authorities are against expats opening and running business's but they do make it very hard to do so completely legally where a blind eye seems to be turned to nationals who transgress the rules and in the case of many Mayors operate a nepotic organisation with jobs for the rellies and bungs for the contracts.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V.S
Hi Jon, I believe we both are. Originally it wasnt on the plans but appeared after the developer bought the land. I have heard that there was some kind of problem with the developer building on more metres than he was supposed to and the only way he could proceed was by using the plot which we now know as Jags as a communal club house, thus reducing the total area of livable space, and keeping him under his maximum build space. Whether this is indeed true I do not know, but it could make sense. This being the reason it is not owned outright by any individual and is divided equally between the villa owners.
Thanks VS you have a lot of info - this is interesting. Thank you. Do you know if the neighbours knew there was going to be this private club, when they bought, or if they had already bought the land and then found out after that the private club was going to be there? I ask only as you mention it in post 70 and your answer will close down this subject... and the 2 opinions I've seen on the forum

Thanks again
Jon
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by John & Kath
This is Spain they already can open all sorts of business's in the house next door. Do you not remember the lawyer who is Secretary to the EUC who operated newspaper editorial office from an end terrace house in a manzana near us just behind the brothel on the main road which was OK SINCE NO MORE THAN 2 girls were working the premises at the same time. There are hairdressing business's, building firms, gardening firms etc operating all over Esuri. Down town shops, offices, printers, bars and cafes all operate check by jowel with houses and in the ground floor of apartment blocks.
I presume you mean cheek by jowl?

I appreciate the system is different but It doesn't really address the question..... do you think someone could open a bar next to you? And would you consider that fair? And would you complain? Ps before I get all of the world isn't fair etc etc I know that (more than most ) it is just a hypothetical question and thankfully one we don't really have to address.....
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

If you had been closed down with no cash flow and no certainty that the problems will be resolved soon if at all would you poor money into the same money pit. It is often written here on this forumn that the way to make a million from a bar in Spain is to start with two million. It's not that the Spanish authorities are against expats opening and running business's but they do make it very hard to do so completely legally where a blind eye seems to be turned to nationals who transgress the rules and in the case of many Mayors operate a nepotic organisation with jobs for the rellies and bungs for the contracts.
I know plenty of people who have run bars in Spain. Legally and successfully, have made money and have no complaints about the Spanish system. We are there guests after all and the least that we can do is follow their system. I don't think that this is too much to ask. I wouldn't go into somebody else's house and tell them where to put the furniture....... well unless I was an interior designer of course.....
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't know enough about the Mayor or the Town Hall to comment and I bow to your superior knowledge on the matter. I have to say though I do not see why he would be keeping a little restaurant on Esuri closed for political reasons! Does anybody know of any other businesses that have been closed by the Town Hall/Mayor? It does seem a little far fetched.........

There seem to be plenty of restos in Ayamonte that manage to keep trading.....
I heard the best rumour yet from a usually infaluable source that the PSOE WHO HAVE RUN THE TOWN HALL FOR YEARS are thinking of replacing this dodgy Mayor at the next election with the last one who left office under a cloud after his office was raided by the GC and documents seized which are still under investigation. The current one gave the EUC Administrator contract to his own law firm and only sought to distance himself from it all by having his name removed from the name board after a piccie had appeared in the Huelva press. He then tried to get the EUC TO PAY FOR OFFICES AND COMPUTORS for this administrator to move to Esuri. He gave planning approval for a hotel and shopping center next to the poligono on land in his family ownership. This would have been in direct completion with the still to be completed facilities at Esuri.

Far fetched you couldn't make it up but it goes on and on. The one with the biggest bung calls the tune.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks VS you have a lot of info - this is interesting. Thank you. Do you know if the neighbours knew there was going to be this private club, when they bought, or if they had already bought the land and then found out after that the private club was going to be there? I ask only as you mention it in post 70 and your answer will close down this subject... and the 2 opinions I've seen on the forum

Thanks again
Jon
I don't know the neighbours myself so the other opinion can not be mine....?

I don't think that addresses everything anyway however as everybody has accepted that the club turned out not to be private..... and was apparently very noisy.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LordMayor
Most of your complains seem to concern Fadesa, and the answer will be long to get, until the conclusions of a judgement in Madrid. Anyway, I will pass some friends in the townhall (government or not) all these informations and try to see if we can organize a meeting. I insist on the fact i am not part of the townhall...
Thanks LM - I actually think most of my concerns were with the town hall management (mayor etc) as opposed to Fadesa in this discussion - but its good that the townhall people see this and can comment. I would be happy for you to pass this onto them. I have other problems with Fadesa.

I would really like to understand what the connection is to the EUC and also how invested and committed they are in CE. I also think this would be a good discussion with CERA (if they agree).

If I am wrong (and I would be happy to be wrong on this!) - then they have an awful image and it would be good for them and us to know these things. Remember they are supporting an EUC organisation that for example has Fadesa on the board, that had (has?) a treasurer that has a services company that does business in CE. This all could be a conflict of interest... and the town hall has to be seen as independant ..... and as presidents of EUC they can drive good practice (like showing us some proper accounts for example - not too much to ask for). That would show us that they are more interested with the citizens ( and voters) - rather than the business interests of the companies on the board... who may possibly have ulterior motives!

Could you please explain what is happening in Madrid - that may affect CE, please?

Thanks again and I am sure that you are not a member of the townhall, just a 'concerned CE-person', like me....
Jon
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

I heard the best rumour yet from a usually infaluable source that the PSOE WHO HAVE RUN THE TOWN HALL FOR YEARS are thinking of replacing this dodgy Mayor at the next election with the last one who left office under a cloud after his office was raided by the GC and documents seized which are still under investigation. The current one gave the EUC Administrator contract to his own law firm and only sought to distance himself from it all by having his name removed from the name board after a piccie had appeared in the Huelva press. He then tried to get the EUC TO PAY FOR OFFICES AND COMPUTORS for this administrator to move to Esuri. He gave planning approval for a hotel and shopping center next to the poligono on land in his family ownership. This would have been in direct completion with the still to be completed facilities at Esuri.

Far fetched you couldn't make it up but it goes on and on. The one with the biggest bung calls the tune.

If the system is as corrupt as you claim. I would have had it back open in days
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks LM - - but its good that the townhall people see this and can comment. I would be happy for you to pass this onto them.

Jon
Not if they see what J+K is accusing them of! They will have in strung up in Laguna Square!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Positive

Not if they see what J+K is accusing them of! They will have in strung up in Laguna Square!
I think they are getting the stocks out for us both! There used to be a medieval implement called a 'brank' that fitted over the head and had a wicked plate to stop the tongue from moving.... this was to stop someone nagging - and shut up! They're ordering a bunch now!!

BTW getting back on topic, do you still see a concerning level of people using the golf?

Anymore news about the future of the golf course, anybody?

Thanks
Jon
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:30 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Thanks again
Jon
I think they were aware before hand, however, as I mentioned earlier there is a big difference between a private social club, which they were happy to live next door to and a noisy bar/restaurant open to the public so I dont see the relevance in the question?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:55 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V.S
I think they were aware before hand, however, as I mentioned earlier there is a big difference between a private social club, which they were happy to live next door to and a noisy bar/restaurant open to the public so I dont see the relevance in the question?

Hi,
My late husband and I had a visit to the house left of what is now Jags years ago (think it was in 2009). Even back then we were told that the house next doors was going to be a bar (not a private social club) !!! Main reason for us to chicken out , even though we did like the house !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.