British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Golf Club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/golf-club-772111/)

Sam Greenfield Sep 19th 2012 6:11 pm

Golf Club

Ive just heard some really sad news that the Golf Club is having problems - absolutely gutted for them and hope that it can be resolved somehow :( - it will be a very sad day if the golf course closes - does this mean that the Golf Club will also go - fingers crossed this doesnt happen :( xxxxx

guesswork Sep 19th 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield (Post 10289339)
Ive just heard some really sad news that the Golf Club is having problems - absolutely gutted for them and hope that it can be resolved somehow :( - it will be a very sad day if the golf course closes - does this mean that the Golf Club will also go - fingers crossed this doesnt happen :( xxxxx

They have been laying off staff over the last 2 years and the East course has not really been open for 2 years.
Have you heard something new? I certainly hope not.

Sam Greenfield Sep 19th 2012 8:11 pm

I'd heard they'd gone into administration today but it looks as though it isn't hopefully as bad as first thought - Americh managed the club but they are apparently still owned by Fadesa so it looks like a new management company could be put in place - lets hope for a bit of good luck that this does happen - I've got everything crossed - that's the last thing that Esuri needs xxxxx

John and Lynn Sep 20th 2012 7:47 am

Yeah, we heard the same about them going into administration from ADA. However they also said that the staff at the golf club should continue to operate under a new regime? Lets hope so otherwise we'll have nowhere on CE to have a beer:eek:

Sam Greenfield Sep 20th 2012 4:01 pm

I know - Ive got everything crossed that things work out for them xxxxx

acko Sep 20th 2012 4:14 pm

can some one tell me if jags is back open as it is a long way to come if closed

MikeCol Sep 20th 2012 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by acko (Post 10291039)
can some one tell me if jags is back open as it is a long way to come if closed

No sorry, not open and he doesn't know when it will be according to the e-mail we received a couple of days ago. Regards Bryony

Sam Greenfield Sep 20th 2012 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by MikeCol (Post 10291114)
No sorry, not open and he doesn't know when it will be according to the e-mail we received a couple of days ago. Regards Bryony

Oh dear - thats not good either is it Bryony :( - im gutted i really am for all concerned xxx

acko Sep 20th 2012 9:16 pm

sorry but what about golf club open or knot ? it is getting sad to hear whats hapining

MikeCol Sep 21st 2012 7:22 am

Originally Posted by acko (Post 10291533)
sorry but what about golf club open or knot ? it is getting sad to hear whats hapining

Yes the Golf Club is open. Bryony

Mascara22 Sep 22nd 2012 1:23 pm

Sitting on the terrace of the golf club now, and there are quite a few people in having food and watching the Swans game. Lots of people have been stopping at jags to see if it's open, fingers crossed both businesses are ok, and supported in the future. X

Jon-Bxl Sep 22nd 2012 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mascara22 (Post 10294134)
Sitting on the terrace of the golf club now, and there are quite a few people in having food and watching the Swans game. Lots of people have been stopping at jags to see if it's open, fingers crossed both businesses are ok, and supported in the future. X

Totally agree...

Jag said this in his public email

We delivered all the requested documents to the Town Hall over two weeks ago. They are now in the process of assessing the documents and we are waiting for them to inspect the premises.

We are confident we have met all the requirements and will in due course re-open, exactly when is beyond our control.

We need to support the 3 businesses that are on CE to ensure that we have all three active, even if we don't frequent ever ... or often. Its all we have at the moment (sadly) and any one of them closing has a big impact on CE as a whole.

Quote from acko can some one tell me if jags is back open as it is a long way to come if closed

The more attractive CE is the more people will come.... However the less attractive.... well.... the answer is obvious :(

Jon

Jon-Bxl Sep 22nd 2012 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield (Post 10289339)

Hi Sam could you explain more about what you have heard, please?

If the golf course shuts down I don't see the club-bar (Dourado) staying open.... or have you heard that the club bar itself - run by the 3 girls - is in trouble?

Thanks in advance to clear up my confusion

Jon

MikeCol Sep 22nd 2012 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 10294178)
Hi Sam could you explain more about what you have heard, please?

If the golf course shuts down I don't see the club-bar (Dourado) staying open.... or have you heard that the club bar itself - run by the 3 girls - is in trouble?

Thanks in advance to clear up my confusion

Jon

Jon, the Golf Club bar is not (as far as I know) in any sort of trouble. Aymerich (who manage the Golf Course for Fadesa) have gone into administration. The Golf Club, the Golf Course and the bar and restaurant are all operating as normal. We expect to hear more re Aymerich in the coming weeks. There are many unfounded rumours circulating at present. My advise would be to seek clarification before giving them any credence. Regards Bryony

MikeJ Sep 22nd 2012 5:12 pm

Is any of this different from the situation described at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=765279
?
If not it's old news and the golf club and bar have been running business-as-usual all summer. We should be careful we don't start rumours which become self fulfilling prophecies (eg Jags) ie people think they are closed and stop coming - so they close!