Golf Club

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Your information is wrong and this is a very complex area which Jag has done his best to comply with but the ground rules keep shifting to suit the Mayor at the time.
So is it the Mayor's fault?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
So is it the Mayor's fault?
The Mayor is a politician just like all politicians he says and does what suits his purpose at the time. Just look at all the promises he has made to ESURIANS at public fora in the golf club (such as a bus service, a police presence, clinic, pharmacy) then judge if you can take his word or not.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for clearing that up Lord Mayor. You are quite right of course it is always easy to blame the local authorities when much of the time it is not their fault at all. I had thought it was just to do with the music and late nights and therefore believed that it could just re-open without the late night revelry.
Interesting how the subject of Jags causes so much 'interest'!

I stand by what I posted. Just to be really clear: I remain convinced that the authorities are awful! I wish they would get off their backsides and make a decision. There is a petition in place and jobs waiting in this crisis we have. Spain has many problems but the size of the bureaucracy (big govt) and the 'manana-culture' is not conducive to getting them out of crisis!

I wish they would make a decision whatever it is. If it is not to grant any licence so be it, Jags will have the reasons why and decide to make changes (+re-apply) or appeal... or walk away. If it is a partial licence for eg drink and food - again he will have the reasons to perhaps change/appeal the entertainment bit and decide whether he wants the reduced business.

Its this continued stalemate that causes the problem. I have some business experience and indecision and delay are killers - best to have bad news than none at all... and wait .... and wait .... and wait!!

I was there when Jag first got permissions from the town hall - when he started. It took ages and he lost most of the first high season business (=taxes, etc). And people weren't employed. We need positive reinforcement of business from the town hall not more 'jobsworth delays'.

The town hall is run by the mayor - I don't trust him. He was in the national press regarding CE and his commercial involvement and worries about corruption. Taking his name off the nameplate on his legal firm didn't remove him from the problem!! He was the president of the EUC, who take our money but have yet to produce proper accounts. His deputy is now president, the board includes Fadesa who haven't paid all their bills. No other organisation would allow defaulters to have a vote, let alone control. They don't allow the IC's to vote until all the bills are paid! I heard a rumour they forced the ex-CERA president out. They have it sewn up and again it is presided by the town hall. CERA is the way forward and the competition for the 'EUC-cartel'.

I agree with J+K that the ground rules keep changing.... another part of this bureaucratic mess... run by the town hall.

I realise I am way off topic here which is about the golf club/course, but wanted to explain my comment about the town hall - and I don't think 'Lord Mayor' cleared anything up in his post above.

I cant speak for all but I'm sure I speak for the majority here in thanking J+K for all the work they do for CE. Their posts have been really informative and well researched for years. They were part of the founders of CERA that takes up a lot of time, they are highly committed to CE - and so they have some of the best knowledge of matters CE - in my opinion.

When J+K say something is 'wrong' - I believe them. I agree that the staff member of Jags deserves deep thanks. I also think the discussion of the lifeguard is not researched. Even this sorry bunch of bureaucrats would not have hesitated to prosecute by now if he was in error. And would a hypothetical (and not necessary) lifeguard have kept a better lookout than the parents and family that were there?

I am pro Jags - only because I am pro CE. I think 2 of the women that run the club are the amongst best 'service personnel' we know - genuinely lovely people. I am pro golf club because I am pro CE. Same for the 'local'.

I also want to see the place above the shop opened as a venue, its a brilliant location. If that gives competition to 'sacred-Jags' or 'sacred-club' or 'sacred shop'- then that's life. We need more venues not less. I also think the competition will improve things as well, as I said before I think the club could be so much more. They had a monopoly for so long.

Also there are places designated as social places, Jags was one, the club is another and the commercial centre(s) are another. If you live near one of those - then you should understand that these could be opened up for business. I don't agree that 'any place' could open up next to a villa... it has to be pre-designated.

So, I don't like big government + bureaucracies. I like competition and freeing up obstructions to business... and stopping stalemates. Also if you don't like a place - don't spend your money there... but at the same time don't spoil it for the hundreds of people that like it. I make one exception for the villa owners, although I am sorry they managed to close Jag's down (for the rest of us CE residents/visitors) - I can understand why they personally took this action.

We spent a whole bunch of money for our place, and even with the pitiful facilities we have we still love it. However I would love to see us expanding and coming closer to the vision we had of CE when we put all that money on the table. That vision included all sorts of commercial venues - even a burger king and bowling alley and bars/clubs(=noise) - hotels - medical centres etc etc.

Wouldn't that be a dream come true!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 4th 2012 at 8:53 am.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Blooming well said
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing that really saddens me was the timing. Seasonal businesses rely on a good summer season to enable them to survive through the winter. Jags was closed at the peak of the high season - this probably means that his family, his employees and his employee's families are going to have a really tough winter even if he manages to open soon.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The other thing that really saddens me was the timing. Seasonal businesses rely on a good summer season to enable them to survive through the winter. Jags was closed at the peak of the high season - this probably means that his family, his employees and his employee's families are going to have a really tough winter even if he manages to open soon.

Strange... I thought it closed at the end of August - the end of the high season having had its good summer season............ Are the staff not being paid then?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Interesting how the subject of Jags causes so much 'interest'!

Also there are places designated as social places, Jags was one, the club is another and the commercial centre(s) are another. If you live near one of those - then you should understand that these could be opened up for business. I don't agree that 'any place' could open up next to a villa... it has to be pre-designated.

Jon

This is incorrect and I think is the root of the problem. On the original plans where Jags sits was a Villa plot and plots nearby were sold thinking they would be next to a Villa. Buying off plan and all that is one thing but I do see the argument of the neighbours. I would and assume that most right thinking people would be very upset You might think it has to be 'pre-designated' and it is unbelievable that this isn't the case really but it isn't.........
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:47 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

A lot of his staff have fortunately managed to get new jobs
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

I don't know enough about the Mayor or the Town Hall to comment and I bow to your superior knowledge on the matter. I have to say though I do not see why he would be keeping a little restaurant on Esuri closed for political reasons! Does anybody know of any other businesses that have been closed by the Town Hall/Mayor? It does seem a little far fetched.........

There seem to be plenty of restos in Ayamonte that manage to keep trading.....
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:58 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

This is incorrect and I think is the root of the problem. On the original plans where Jags sits was a Villa plot and plots nearby were sold thinking they would be next to a Villa. Buying off plan and all that is one thing but I do see the argument of the neighbours. I would and assume that most right thinking people would be very upset You might think it has to be 'pre-designated' and it is unbelievable that this isn't the case really but it isn't.........
I know the next door neighbour and he was aware next door to him would be a "social club" purely for the villa owners. It is totally different having a few people walking to the "social club" for a quiet drink as opposed to it being open to the public and having more than a hundred people on the terrace with live music, drunken people shouting in the small hours and car doors slamming. Anyone being totally honest would also find this unacceptable!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by V.S
I know the next door neighbour and he was aware next door to him would be a "social club" purely for the villa owners. It is totally different having a few people walking to the "social club" for a quiet drink as opposed to it being open to the public and having more than a hundred people on the terrace with live music, drunken people shouting in the small hours and car doors slamming. Anyone being totally honest would also find this unacceptable!
Lets just hope that it all gets sorted out soon so that everybody knows where they stand as Jon bxl and J+K have said...... I sympathise with all parties including the restaurant owner..... Did he buy the building? Maybe he could turn it into a villa if he doesn't get the consents.... it would be spectacular and we need more of them too
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:16 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

I don't know enough about the Mayor or the Town Hall to comment and I bow to your superior knowledge on the matter. I have to say though I do not see why he would be keeping a little restaurant on Esuri closed for political reasons! Does anybody know of any other businesses that have been closed by the Town Hall/Mayor? It does seem a little far fetched.........

There seem to be plenty of restos in Ayamonte that manage to keep trading.....
My understanding is that the Town hall turned a blind eye to the fact Jag was trading illegally, as they wanted CE to thrive, which is why it was open for so long. It is no surprise when the Town hall have been bullied by the so called "Jag Gang" to try and keep him open and launching a petition, that he was closed immediately after the Town hall were aware of this. I think this has resulted in people shooting themselves in the foot. Do you think any Town hall would be dictated to, especially by people trying to keep open and thus highlighting an illegally run business?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:23 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

Lets just hope that it all gets sorted out soon so that everybody knows where they stand as Jon bxl and J+K have said...... I sympathise with all parties including the restaurant owner..... Did he buy the building? Maybe he could turn it into a villa if he doesn't get the consents.... it would be spectacular and we need more of them too
The problem here is the "social club" is owned by the villa owners who all have an even share in the buiding, which is written in their contracts. These shares can not be sold seperately so it is not possible for it to be sold unless all of the title deeds were changed and everyone in agreement, which I personally think would be very difficult to achieve.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by V.S
The problem here is the "social club" is owned by the villa owners who all have an even share in the buiding, which is written in their contracts. These shares can not be sold seperately so it is not possible for it to be sold unless all of the title deeds were changed and everyone in agreement, which I personally think would be very difficult to achieve.

So how come there is the restaurant in there that the villa owners don't like! Did the restaurant owner rent it from them!!?? Presumably must have done if they own it !!!??? Confused now!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V.S
My understanding is that the Town hall turned a blind eye to the fact Jag was trading illegally, as they wanted CE to thrive, which is why it was open for so long. It is no surprise when the Town hall have been bullied by the so called "Jag Gang" to try and keep him open and launching a petition, that he was closed immediately after the Town hall were aware of this. I think this has resulted in people shooting themselves in the foot. Do you think any Town hall would be dictated to, especially by people trying to keep open and thus highlighting an illegally run business?
Thats wrong I signed the petition AFTER Jags was closed. Otherwise why have a petition in the first place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.