Golf Club

Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi John, all I can tell you is that they are working on it now and hope to be open early Sept. From what we have been told there are going to be a few changes but no one will be allowed inside until the opening night as they want it to be a surprise. They seem to have a lot of ideas & hope to make it the a social hub for all of Esuri not just for golfers. Look forward to seeing you there, Mike
Now that might be the problem. The last lot came in and changed the nature from a clubhouse to something pastiche Spanish beach bar/restaurant/sports cafe in doing so they hacked in half one of the major wooden screens that divided up what was basically a large shed. I guess they won't be replacing that.

I think a golf clubhouse should look like a golf clubhouse ie. QDV, Castro Marim without the structural faults, Nuevo Portillets hope that's going to be the surprise!

Ps see you in there when they open.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 25th 2014 at 5:09 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:48 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Now that might be the problem. The last lot came in and changed the nature from a clubhouse to something pastiche Spanish beach bar/restaurant/sports cafe in doing so they hacked in half one of the major wooden screens that divided up what was basically a large shed. I guess they won't be replacing that.

I think a golf clubhouse should look like a golf clubhouse ie. QDV, Castro Marim without the structural faults, Nuevo Portillets hope that's going to be the surprise!

I think we would be happy to have anything re the clubhouse and a functioning golf course - after the past months..... I hope they improve the look of the place, but even if not and they are attracting a good and mixed crowd, that would be great!

Jon
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Billiobill is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

We would all like a traditional golf club, but let's not get too optimistic, we have been let down too many times. A functional bar and social meeting place will be a good start.
All the same see you there when they do open the doors.
Billio
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I think we would be happy to have anything re the clubhouse and a functioning golf course - after the past months..... I hope they improve the look of the place, but even if not and they are attracting a good and mixed crowd, that would be great!

Jon
Squad of men tining the 11th and 12th greens at 8 o clock this morning.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek
Squad of men tining the 11th and 12th greens at 8 o clock this morning.
Bookclub bookcases being emptied this morning so that walls can be painted

P.S. what do you mean we are getting too excited
Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:45 am
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

We are so relieved, as some of you know we only bought in January and then to find the golf club and course close in April just as we were about to join was so disappointing as well as worrying..... needless to say we will be over very soon to check out the membership deals and get involved... thanks for everyone keeping us informed.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 6:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
We are so relieved, as some of you know we only bought in January and then to find the golf club and course close in April just as we were about to join was so disappointing as well as worrying..... needless to say we will be over very soon to check out the membership deals and get involved... thanks for everyone keeping us informed.
As per the email we all got re the club there will be a set of golf memberships and a social membership too; to - importantly - involve everyone. I'm curious to see how the social membership will be set up and operate and if the golf club social facilities will still be open to non-social members... e.g 'drop-ins'. We, for example, really like going to the great QDV terrace for a drink, and most times when we have guests we stop by there to show them the wonderful views. We sometimes occasionally stop in at other golf clubs... as often they have a nice environment. Drop-ins are always welcome - everywhere we have been, even at Monte Rei, where I actually got that proverbial free lunch!

I've used the term 'social centre of CE' (or similar) several times on the forum and the golf club with the right management, approach and strategy has, finally, a great chance of doing just that.

I hope they involve an experienced hospitality manager to make that happen, something we have missed in the past... both for us punters... and the business profitability too. With it they should be successful and we still (easily IMO) have room on CE for the other 2 social venues... and hopefully a 3rd if the (good) rumours of La Cabra are true

Also by helping the community with e.g. book clubs, bridge, mosaic clubs, Spanish etc... they extend their influence and make it more of centre for all..... which IMO can only eventually, help their bottom line (the 'place to go'). Only the most hardened/introspective golf enthusiasts will object to all this non-golf activity after a round: Since they are a tiny minority, it wont affect the business. (You cant please all the people all the time....etc)

So good luck to Jaime and H2O, when they open shortly... and also for the 19H and the 'local' (shop).

I'm not expecting a QDV set up, and as mentioned previously we are happy with any set up that brings people in - all nationalities ...... But if they get it right we will be delighted! (And will dust off the cobwebs on the wallet )

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 31st 2014 at 7:40 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, the Driving Range will be back in action from 10am on Friday 5th Sept and your 1st token will be free. Also Jaime will be in the Caddy Masters office with info on memberships etc
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

jon
Curious how can one get on the mailing list if you were a previous golf member but now are in the dark.
Regards
Martin
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
jon
Curious how can one get on the mailing list if you were a previous golf member but now are in the dark.
Regards
Martin
Hi the latest info re the Golf Club is here on the CERA website or you can send me your details, regards Mike
[url=http://www.esuriresident.com/index.php/homeeng/11-newsletter/41-costa-esuri-golf-course]Costa Esuri Residents Association - COSTA ESURI GOLF COURSE[/url

also on here http://costaesuriresidents.com/golf.php

Last edited by MikeCol; Sep 3rd 2014 at 1:27 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news,have you any news on the memberships.I would be a social member i.e. I don t play golf but have enjoyed the food, drink,quiz nights etc and travel to Esuri around 4 weeks a year but have always supported the golf club and have missed it enormously.regards Alan
Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Originally Posted by glaisboy
Great news,have you any news on the memberships.I would be a social member i.e. I don t play golf but have enjoyed the food, drink,quiz nights etc and travel to Esuri around 4 weeks a year but have always supported the golf club and have missed it enormously.regards Alan
Will not know deals on offer till Friday when the driving range opens Alan, I am sure somebody will let you know.

Derek
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed great news.I have played the course many times,and always enjoyed it .The views are to die for.My wife and i are out for 5 weeks from Sept 10th.Hopefully there will be info regarding memberships available.Great news for us all,the opening of the clubhouse as well.Can't wait to pay it a visit, and have a drink with some of the people on the blogs.
Regards Harry.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

The driving range is open!!
There is also a leaflet available in the caddy room detailing the various packages for golf and social membership.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shirley and Anthony for the info.We shall be there next Wed.Looking forward to popping into the club for a beer ,and check out the memberships.Might see you there sometime?
Regards to all Harry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.