Golf Club

Old Oct 1st 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf Club

Does the club house have live music ?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:39 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Does the club house have live music ?
Hi John, Lynn and CW...

From time to time they have live music.... but not a regular programme like Jags does.

The club house has all the facilities needed to be an excellent social venue. Its a good place to meet and have a drink already, but I think it could be much more.

The kitchen equipment and size etc is top class and a professional chef could make a lot of that. In fact the kitchen itself - is probably the best around.

The terrace is big with great views (as you know) and is partially covered, meaning that they can have groups play outside (as well as inside). Nice views too.

However those that complained about noise at Jags would also hear the noise from this terrace - and could complain again. They need to sort out the toilets, which can be very annoying from time to time, though.

With unlimited parking, easy access and a lot of space, there is a possibility of making this a very exciting location. I often drive past O Infante (1) and am amazed at the amount of traffic, they have even opened an extra car park in the past couple of years to handle the huge volume of customers. This resto is less accessible than the club - and people come from miles around. I happen to know the kind of revenues they have - and it is quite a success! I would love to see the club try and emulate that. When you consider all that Jag's does with that tiny kitchen/prep area, you can imagine what the club could do with their facilities. Where's Ramsey when you need him

With Jag's closed the 'in-house' CE scene is much depleted, lets hope that the town hall don't dawdle in giving the permissions.

The great news is that within a short drive there are loads of non-CE venues to try - and many have been posted eg on the resto thread. We normally eat at non-CE places, too many to mention here - but are really anxious to see an improvement within CE for social venues - you cant even think of comparing CE 'restos per headcount' with say Ayamonte/VRSA where there seems to be a resto or bar on every corner. However it does mean that there is a lot of choice nearby... don't forget Castro Marim - or the famous Luis's resto across the water in Monte Francisco (Lupi)... There is also a new night club in the industrial park, that I posted a while ago. Haven't tried it yet, it opened just after our last visit. I hear from a friend with a villa, a VIP member - that knows the owner very well, that it would even cater for someone like me, the 'oldest swinger in town' *

So John and Lynn you will surely have fun when you come over.... and don't forget to have a drink at the 'local' = shop and watch the sun set over the golf, river and the natural park in Portugal!

Jon

* PS I mean the other meaning of 'swinger' - the one that does not involve car-keys
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

With Jag's closed the 'in-house' CE scene is much depleted, lets hope that the town hall don't dawdle in giving the permissions.
Does anybody know what is happening with this? And if anything is being done about the people who paid upfront for food and benefits? Wasn't there a three year membership offer at one point?

Surely if it was just closed because of the music it would be open by now - with no music for the time-being? What has it been six weeks? But then the Spanish system isn't known for its speed........
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly 2 weeks of the time has been dead time as the Ayunta does nothing during feria or days either side probably, then a backlog...

I do hope they can sort it out, families relied on work and have to eat/pay bills etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
Does anybody know what is happening with this? And if anything is being done about the people who paid upfront for food and benefits? Wasn't there a three year membership offer at one point?

Surely if it was just closed because of the music it would be open by now - with no music for the time-being? What has it been six weeks? But then the Spanish system isn't known for its speed........
Yes you're right - there was a 3 year membership, with vouchers giving you 150% of the initial investment, 50%/year. It was a risk and I know several people that took the risk and are members .... and I know also others that didn't want to take the risk either with no guarantee clearly stated from the start.

I don't know what the hold up is - but if anybody out there does pls let us know. Jag emailed his customer list a couple of weeks ago to say he was confident that all the necessary paperwork was done, and it was in the hands of the town hall. I wish they'd hurry up, there's a crisis in Spain, and this is a business that is working and employing people.

I suppose the 'big government' also employs people in town hall and they need to show us what their 'jobsworth' !

Jon
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

According the information i have got, Jag has been closed because no having license, and many other wrong details (staff, swimming-pool,...). So please do not blame the government but the people who think they are over the law....
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LordMayor
According the information i have got, Jag has been closed because no having license, and many other wrong details (staff, swimming-pool,...). So please do not blame the government but the people who think they are over the law....
Thank you for clearing that up Lord Mayor. You are quite right of course it is always easy to blame the local authorities when much of the time it is not their fault at all. I had thought it was just to do with the music and late nights and therefore believed that it could just re-open without the late night revelry.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you are referring to my post then here is my reply to you.

I am NOT blaming anybody for anything. I was simply stating a fact.

According to my info, which may be as right or wrong as others, they are awaiting the decision. The Ayamonte Ayunta close for the week during feria so NO decisions could be made then on the paperwork submitted by the lawyer. Therefore causing a delay in ALL work.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

This would be very surprising since ISTR that Jag's opening was delayed while some irregularities with the licence at that time and I would have assumed that this was sorted out then.
It may be, of course, that additional licences are needed for entertainment etc
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:59 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

The problem with Jags is the fact Jag was trading illegally without the correct license. If the Town hall were to allow him to open, it is unlikely he would be able to open to the public and certainly not likely to be allowed to have live music anyway. I fear this business is finished as nobody can make money running this place as a social club catering solely for the community of villas. As for Jag blaming the next door neighbour as the reason he has been closed down due to complaints about music is Jag purely trying to put the blame on someone else rather admitting responsibility himself!

Last edited by V.S; Oct 3rd 2012 at 8:02 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeJ
This would be very surprising since ISTR that Jag's opening was delayed while some irregularities with the licence at that time and I would have assumed that this was sorted out then.
It may be, of course, that additional licences are needed for entertainment etc
ISTR ?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Your information is wrong and this is a very complex area which Jag has done his best to comply with but the ground rules keep shifting to suit the Mayor at the time.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
Thank you for clearing that up Lord Mayor. You are quite right of course it is always easy to blame the local authorities when much of the time it is not their fault at all. I had thought it was just to do with the music and late nights and therefore believed that it could just re-open without the late night revelry.
It is not cleared up it is just wrong.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by V.S
The problem with Jags is the fact Jag was trading illegally without the correct license. If the Town hall were to allow him to open, it is unlikely he would be able to open to the public and certainly not likely to be allowed to have live music anyway. I fear this business is finished as nobody can make money running this place as a social club catering solely for the community of villas. As for Jag blaming the next door neighbour as the reason he has been closed down due to complaints about music is Jag purely trying to put the blame on someone else rather admitting responsibility himself!
The root of this problem was in fact the denunciation issued by the next door neighbour compounded by the swimming pool accident which was not the fault of Jag or his staff and it was only the prompt and skilled action by one of Jags qualified life guards who brought the boy back and sustained him until the paramedics arrived. In UK she would have been awarded the Humane Society Gold Medal and we should all be praising her actions and not bitching about legal niceties.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Kath
The root of this problem was in fact the denunciation issued by the next door neighbour compounded by the swimming pool accident which was not the fault of Jag or his staff and it was only the prompt and skilled action by one of Jags qualified life guards who brought the boy back and sustained him until the paramedics arrived. In UK she would have been awarded the Humane Society Gold Medal and we should all be praising her actions and not bitching about legal niceties.
I was just wondering what was happening; as ever confusion ensues! As I have said in previous threads I don't bemoan the neighbour his legal challenge in the slightest. Also allowing a facility there could set a dangerous precedent for the rest of the development - what would stop someone opening a bar next to your villa for instance?

I don't want this to turn into the slanging match we had previously (not you J+K) I just wondered what had happened and what was happening. Has anybody seen any work going on? You would think it would be a good time to have a sort out/clean up/improvements if you were confident of getting approval?

I was under the impression that there was no lifeguard on duty (only from hearsay) when there should have been. Is this, in fact, wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.