Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Global warming??

Wikiposts

Global warming??

Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:56 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global warming??

Originally Posted by jimenato
Ooh Jacky! - you shouldn't copy from google.
Seriously though, assuming you are talking about my last posts, I'm amazed you managed to find any of the text on a google search. Where was it?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 3:13 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting take on this from The Guardian

The grim findings of the IPCC last year reiterated what climatologists have long been telling us: the climate is changing at an unprecedented rate, and we're to blame. Despite the clear scientific consensus, a veritable brigade of self-proclaimed, underinformed armchair experts lurk on comment threads the world over, eager to pour scorn on climate science. Barrages of ad hominem attacks all too often await both the scientists working in climate research and journalists who communicate the research findings.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 4:25 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Well, whatever you may wish to believe about it, I think it's important to collectively realise that our atmosphere is indeed finite.

This little fact in itself leads me to reckon that dumping millions of tons of toxic gases into it for a couple centuries would likely have a measurable impact, and the results of that impact aren't likely to be positive.

Now, whether we can prove that humans are causing climate change is academic. But it occurs to to me that awareness of the potential for severely damaging our finite atmosphere, and limiting our abuses of it is only logical, and an important step to take - whether there's an imminent threat or not. It doesn't really matter who's right or wrong. It's just sensible.

Unfortunately, both sides of the argument have exhibited opportunism, which isn't what it's about, with the exception of employing incentives that render ecological responsibility profitable, and that has a lot to do with public awareness and opinion.

Nothing wrong with being more responsible, me thinks.
You and I RARELY see eye to eye but I have to say it when I see it, excellent post and describes things much more succinctly than I've been able to.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:41 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If all these people agree, why do they not do something like getting rid of their cars etc. a few of the pro's on here we're recently posting about the virtues of Xmas lights in Spain
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:57 am
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by jackytoo
If all these people agree, why do they not do something like getting rid of their cars etc. a few of the pro's on here we're recently posting about the virtues of Xmas lights in Spain
Not sure what you mean, who are all 'these people' and what do they agree about?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:58 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what I keep saying. Its no good moaning about all of these emissions - if you think they're worse than anything the earth has every produced before - then prove your convictions and give up everything and anything that creates the "evil" CO2

Jo xxx
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:59 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Not sure what you mean, who are all 'these people' and what do they agree about?
You surely understand such a simple comment??

Jo xxx
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:09 am
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
You surely understand such a simple comment??

Jo xxx
No. I await your explanation.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:41 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Accepting it's happening is the first step. If people can't even agree on who or what is to blame how do you expect them to agree on a solution? Is it honestly such a stretch of reality for you to think that the oil companies might just have a vested interest in this that is greater than anyone else's could ever be?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:59 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, pretty sure I've gone to great pains to separate the two subjects on almost every single post.... Tell me Dick, got any more completely impartial videos to post?

I work outside and it's glaringly obvious that things are changing. So far, this year, not one nights worth of ground frost, last year, a foot of snow.
Jo xxx
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:10 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Jo xxx
Jo, look love, you're out of you're depth. Just because I've not seen a single nights frost this winter is not me shouting global warming, it's me saying the weather is screwed up. If I want to say something I'll say something, if I don't I won't and no one is going to put words in my mouth, least of all YOU!
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:29 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Jo, look love, you're out of you're depth. Just because I've not seen a single nights frost this winter is not me shouting global warming, it's me saying the weather is screwed up. If I want to say something I'll say something, if I don't I won't and no one is going to put words in my mouth, least of all YOU!
which usually means in East Anglia you have lots of frost, snow and ice to come, just a little bit later than other parts of the country.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:40 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Domino
which usually means in East Anglia you have lots of frost, snow and ice to come, just a little bit later than other parts of the country.
Really? Last November the frost was awful fierce, pretty much until the end of Feb, same as last year, and the one previous. When I was in the backwater of Dartmoor one of the old wankers who'd lived there all his life said he'd never seen weather like they had seen..... But I'm sure it's just cyclical....
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:51 am
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Just because now in the uk we have frostless evenings and heavy rain, after a winter
that broke all records, doesnt throw weight for or against global warming.
The great freeze of the 62/63 was followed also by a frostless year in some parts,
including floods in other areas.Not forgetting the theme is Global Warming, this year in the Usa they had over known bad winter areas the coldest days ever recorded.

Where then are the balanced statistics proving one where one should lean this or that way.
Plus what happens weather wise in ones own life is not long enough to judge or opinionate on. ONE can analyse past records, but even there ,different factions, Universities around the globe have produced contradicting analyse and stats, proving or disproving man's effect/impact on global warming.

That the earth is experiencing a warmer cycle and over several thousand years icecap patterns analyse that there has been a decline in icemass especially over the last 10-20 years, is has taken.That said , is it just a natural cycle in the earths 4 + billion years history.

All I know is I am missing the snow in Germany....I blame the aliens.

Last edited by fuchs01; Feb 5th 2014 at 8:56 am.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:59 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Where then are the balanced statistics proving one should lean this or that way.

No idea, I've yet to see any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.