Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Global warming??

Wikiposts

Global warming??

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:09 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global warming??

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
If your husband studied volcanoes, plate techtonics and all that geoscience, he must surely have a clue about the origins of the atmosphere?

He should also know that just because he didn't understand the relevance of the question doesn't make the question irrelevant.

Might I be so bold as to suggest that you, and vicariously he, refrain from further comment until you've figured out the answer to my very relevant question?

(Which, if you wish, could be the start of your enlightenment).
Are you actually suggesting that I no longer post because I'm not worthy cos I cant answer your silly question???? Er... I'm so sorry, but

A. that really isnt your place
B. You need to understand what discussion means and how to conduct your comments
C. This is a discussion forum, to tell people not to post because they disagree with you is a tad dumb to say the least

My own personal answer to your question - without my husbands input would be - a virtually impossible calculation as too many variables.
but a bloody site colder!!!!

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Feb 3rd 2014 at 2:34 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:35 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Are you actually suggesting that I no longer post because I'm not worthy???? Er... I'm so sorry, but

B. You need to understand what discussion means and how to conduct your comments
C. This is a discussion forum, to tell people not to post because they disagree with you is a tad dumb to say the least

Jo xxx
Fair comment Jo
Now, back to the topic.
I understand why you say what you do. One leg over the fence perhaps but you certainly don´t have both feet on any particular side?
There is evidence of both but if the argument against climate change is true, then we are being fed the biggest lie in history? Not only by scientists but by universities world wide and the world leaders!
That would be like telling us there were no gassings of jews by the Nazi´s? A well documented and scientifically claimed fact??? alegedly
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:38 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Are you actually suggesting that I no longer post because I'm not worthy cos I cant answer your silly question???? Er... I'm so sorry, but

My own personal answer to your question - without my husbands input would be - a virtually impossible calculation as too many variables.

Jo xxx
If you're not prepared to base your opinion on the title subject on objective science then your contributions on this particular topic are pointless.

Also, it's not an impossible calculation, it's really quite a trivial one. I've given you the basic physics you'd need to do it for yourself, but you refuse to make the effort.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
Fair comment Jo
Now, back to the topic.
I understand why you say what you do. One leg over the fence perhaps but you certainly don´t have both feet on any particular side?
There is evidence of both but if the argument against climate change is true, then we are being fed the biggest lie in history? Not only by scientists but by universities world wide and the world leaders!
That would be like telling us there were no gassings of jews by the Nazi´s? A well documented and scientifically claimed fact??? alegedly
Godwin. I'm off to leave you all to stew, can't be bothered.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:40 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Wow stigmatising people who aren't convinced of climate change as holocaust deniers - not at all controversial and if I may say so (irony on)a highly scientific response Stu, well-done (irony off)
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:45 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Jo xxx
You've been begging to roll that outraged indignant post out all day and night haven't you?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:48 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment Jo
Now, back to the topic.
I'm not commenting on the gassing of the jewish people and altho its another supposed conspiracy theory - you cant put them all in the same "box" and discredit or accept en masse!

This is a quote from Jackys link a few posts up
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
I also know of other theories that have been huge and then discredited - it does happen..... Did they ever find those weapons of mass distruction in Iraque????? The pharma and food industries are something that I do know about - thats what I'm working on and with. There are some massive conspiracies and lies being told.

I think Garbatellamike's post sums it up perfectly and really, theres nothing more to be said. He's intelligently and without bias, told it like it is

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I am in the camp of I think that humans are contributing adversely to climate change, I don't buy into the alarmist global warming nonsense.

Some thoughts for you:

1. People keep referring to the consensus of scientists and making up figures like 98%. Anyone who has ever been to a conference with a load of eminent scientists will tell you there is no such thing - it is always geeks rutting and they defend their own hypothesis to the death to demonstrate they are the alpha geek - it is not pretty and very time consuming.

2. What they are doing is attempting to model something very big, hugely complex and incredibly unpredictable. Quite frankly their modelling to date has been an abysmal failure hence their inability to hit the 95 percentile and I am not denigrating them here just illustrating the challenge they have in producing robust scientific proof.

3. The physics of climate change are undeniable (although some loonies will still deny it), the effect and the proportion that man makes to the change is the issue for me.

4. The proportion is clearly is not the armegeddon postulated by the orignal protagonists of global warming and in all liklihood it is not zero. Man's contribution to global warming is, therefore, somewhere between negligible and damaging - I for one don't know where the balance is and nor do many of the people making predictions and doing the modelling (if they were honest).

5. The Earth is not an easy system to model as it is "open" and the causal effects are numerous and diverse. Having a simple model and some clever extrapolation allows you to "prove" we are heading to armegeddon on global warning or to prove we are heading to the next ice age.

In short the answer to your question is that I don't know, I suspect there is an element of truth in the global warming hypothesis but I remain to be convinced on the exact proportionality of the element.
Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Feb 3rd 2014 at 2:52 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:49 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow stigmatising people who aren't convinced of climate change as holocaust deniers - not at all controversial and if I may say so (irony on)a highly scientific response Stu, well-done (irony off)
No! I´m not stigmatising anyone. For that I would need a very narrow mind.
But make of it what you will and choose which ever way you feel it was meant.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

No! I´m not stigmatising anyone. For that I would need a very narrow mind.
But make of it what you will and choose which ever way you feel it was meant.
you are a nasty piece of work aren't you - narrow mind is maybe too complimentary
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:55 am
Account Closed

you are a nasty piece of work aren't you - narrow mind is maybe too complimentary
ooch
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:57 am
squeaky clean

Shall we stick to the topic - heaven knows, its controversial enough without taking on the holocaust issue - that should be another topic heading dont you think!? Altho its one that really isnt a debatable issue on an open forum IMO - unless any of us were actually there!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:59 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we stick to the topic - heaven knows, its controversial enough without taking on the holocaust issue - that should be another topic heading dont you think!? Altho its one that really isnt a debatable issue on an open forum IMO - unless any of us were actually there!

Jo xxx
I agree regarding the staying on topic bit but just a quickie... When you say we can't discuss it unless we were actually there... What do you mean... Exactly.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 3:00 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Jo xxx
Exactly completely irrelevant - my apologies to everyone for rising to the provocation.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 3:12 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You've been begging to roll that outraged indignant post out all day and night haven't you?
I tink she has been remarkably patient and polite
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 3:14 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I tink she has been remarkably patient and polite
Are you Irish now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.