Gibraltar

Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:44 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Most of the "Indian" restaurants seem to be run by Pakistanis. I know someone who went the other way. He moved his fabric producing factory to India about 20 years ago.

There are quite a few Indian businesses in Gibraltar. Could be Pakistani, Fred will know.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fred
Old Feb 16th 2014, 6:11 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
It would be. Nice if actually posted any facts, like mutley all yo do is contribute nothing and sit on the sidelines sniggering. l posted numerous facts regarding the facts about the Spanish revolt and the Peninsula war, not derived from fiction which you chose to Ignore because they contradict your bigotry, sad. Really sad.
Sorry but the only bigoted one is yourself with your incessant hatred towards the UK, as many other posters apart from myself have so often mentioned.

As for the Peninsula war, your knowledge is obviously very limited and your point of view obviously biased, however without Wellington's assistance, not only Spain, but much of Europe would clearly have fallen to Napoleon and the war as a whole incl. the Peninsula, would have been lost, a fact that you clearly prefer to ignore and it was in any event, as said at the time "a damned close run thing".

Never mind, you continue in your own imaginary world, dreaming your own fantasies about what you would have preferred to have happened, if that's what pleases you most.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 6:17 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pedro pete
I dont know why they came to the Uk instead back to India, but they did make it possible to get something to eat after 9.00pm, something the Brits were mostly incapable of providing.
Excuse me, but I'm kind of wondering where on earth you came from after reading that ridiculous statement ?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just what have the preceding couple of pages of posts got to do with Gibraltar.
Just asking
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Excuse me, but I'm kind of wondering where on earth you came from after reading that ridiculous statement ?
Ok, since this is not on topic but you have asked I will reply. It is nigh on impossible to find sit down food after 9.00pm, after 10.00pm. no chance and when you have had a night out and fancy something to eat, well it is either Asian or Chinese. Hope that helps, sorry my statements are not up to your standards.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:33 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Not quite sure of your logic???
You mention India, there is religious tolerance there.
Those from there didn't "force" their way into the UK; as I mentioned before many were invited/asked to come, some of particular use are still asked!
How have they manipulated the law? How is it that they do what they want?
Of course you will say that you did not refer to one country (although you did). But as others have said they all look alike
Following on this thought, are the 2nd, 3rd generation people from other countries still immigrants in your mind, or only the ones that all look alike?

As to British rule it was just that--- not integration of any type!! Yes they did give a lot but they also looted just as the Romans and Normans but that is another story!!!).

There is a great difference between controlled, needed immigration and the present day uncontrolled immigration, why do you persist in 'lumping' all together???
have you never heard of things being "mutually exclusive"
for example, the NHS asking for trained and experienced doctors, nurses etc
and there being no housing for them, unless you bump someone from the list who happens to be an indigenous Brit/WAS who can at least still stay on the sofa at the mother-in-laws.
or when the Govt decided after losing a court case that Gurkha soldiers were entitled to gain pension and housing in the UK.
Who moves on the housing list ?/ After all, the housing isn't the worry of the NHS or the Govt, that is now the responsibility of Social Housing Associations. But no one bothered to tell them until it is announced to the rest of the nation that they are going to have to find accommodation.

Meanwhile, #8 on the world list of military spending is still accepting handouts for the reading and writing of their poor and illiterate, as well as charities coming along to make wells to stop people having a 5 mile walk (each way) to get fresh water for the day.

Stop syphoning off the wealth of other people and put your own house in order.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:34 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

It is Bangldeshis,not Pakistanis who run many Indian restaurants, JT, wrong country wrong people , wrong again.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:39 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but the only bigoted one is yourself with your incessant hatred towards the UK, as many other posters apart from myself have so often mentioned.

As for the Peninsula war, your knowledge is obviously very limited and your point of view obviously biased, however without Wellington's assistance, not only Spain, but much of Europe would clearly have fallen to Napoleon and the war as a whole incl. the Peninsula, would have been lost, a fact that you clearly prefer to ignore and it was in any event, as said at the time "a damned close run thing
Never mind, you continue in your own imaginary world, dreaming your own fantasies about what you would have prefe, rred to have happened, if that's what pleases you most.
Posting rubbish again, it your UK and the people like you that I dislike but fortunately you are but a tiny misguided minority.
" A close run thing " was the battle of waterloo, a different war, a different country and a different year.
But why should any one be surprised that you get your facts totally wrong.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:41 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
It is Bangldeshis,not Pakistanis who run many Indian restaurants, JT, wrong country wrong people , wrong again.
And your spelling of Bangladeshi is also WRONG with a capital W.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:41 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

As for the Peninsula war, your knowledge is obviously very limited and your point of view obviously biased, however without Wellington's assistance, not only Spain, but much of Europe would clearly have fallen to Napoleon and the war as a whole incl. the Peninsula, would have been lost, a fact that you clearly prefer to ignore and it was in any event, as said at the time "a damned close run thing".

Never mind, you continue in your own imaginary world, dreaming your own fantasies about what you would have preferred to have happened, if that's what pleases you most.
all he knows comes from the Sharpe paperbacks, where even in Sharpe's Fury he indicates that Spain had withdrawn to the Cadiz enclave and if that had fallen the Cortes - which was split almost 50:50 - was preparing to cave in to Bonaparte.
Not Napolean Bonaparte, but to his brother Joseph who ruled as King of Spain from 1808-1813 where he stole the Spanish Crown Jewels and later sold them in the United States where he settle and had children.
But then that's not in the Sharpe books.

Since meeting EMR here on BES I can understand why I hated history so much when at school. Perhaps s/he was a teacher.

`
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:42 pm
EMR
Banned

As for the Peninsula war, your knowledge is obviously very limited and your point of view obviously biased, however without Wellington's assistance, not only Spain, but much of Europe would clearly have fallen to Napoleon and the war as a whole incl. the Peninsula, would have been lost, a fact that you clearly prefer to ignore and it was in any event, as said at the time "a damned close run thing
Never mind, you continue in your own imaginary world, dreaming your own fantasies about what you would have prefe, rred to have happened, if that's what pleases you most.
Posting rubbish again, it your UK and the people like you that I dislike but fortunately you are but a tiny misguided minority like your fellow FN's
" A close run thing " was the battle of waterloo, a different war, a different country and a different year.
But why should any one be surprised that you get your facts totally wrong.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:44 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by pedro pete
Ok, since this is not on topic but you have asked I will reply. It is nigh on impossible to find sit down food after 9.00pm, after 10.00pm. no chance and when you have had a night out and fancy something to eat, well it is either Asian or Chinese. Hope that helps, sorry my statements are not up to your standards.
Hmmm, never found that to be the case myself, though I do note you are beginning to hedge your bets as "incapable of providing at 9pm" has now moved to 10pm.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by EMR
Bangladesh - a new name for an already new country originally called................
East Pakistan.

ain't history great when you can remember it cos u wuz their
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by agoreira
Ah, so that's why they called it British Rule, always wondered about that. They clearly hated the British, and everything connected with the British, yet given their independence, hundreds of thousands of them decided to leave their country and come to UK. What was the attraction, they hated the British, so it wasn't that, clearly it wasn't the weather, I'm at a loss as to why they came, invited or not
I hate to do this, and we all know you can't read this as you have had me on ignore for 2 years but................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.