Gibraltar 2

Old Aug 15th 2018, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Members of the Spanish law enforcement community seem to be blaming us for their crappy pay today....surely they should head to Madrid if they want to blame someone for their misery..or perhaps even Brussels
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

"A protest is currently underway on the Spanish side of the frontier, calling for parity between the Policia Nacional and Guardia Civil, and regional police forces. The protest is being organised by JUSAPOL, a pressure group focusing on police salaries.GBC has received reports and footage of incoming drivers in Gibraltar-registered cars being harassed by protestors. However, a spokesperson for the Borders and Coastguard Agency told GBC there had been no disruption to incoming traffic flow"

I believe the phone footage disagrees with the Borders and Coastguard Agency

https://www.gbc.gi/news/protest-span...-police-forces
Old Aug 17th 2018, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The representative of the Spanish Government in Cadiz province has a statement issued today that permission for the protest at the border on Wednesday was granted with the express condition that the protestors did not interfere with pedestrians or vehicles crossing into Gibraltar.
The representative of the Spanish Government has apologised to all those who were caught up in the incidents. He has also stated that: "the policy of the new Spanish Government, leaving aside matters of state, is to maintain good neighbourly relations with the people of Gibraltar."

https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/soci...nish-statement

Spanish Government apologises for border incidents, says Jusapol breached restrictions Gibraltar Chronicle
Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Government has reacted with delight to the answer provided by the European Commission to a question tabled by Maite Pagazaurtundúa Ruiz (ALDE) on the subject of ‘Gibraltar tax information’.

A spokesperson said: “The Commission's answer confirms the Government of Gibraltar’s long-stated position, which the OECD and the EU's own Code Group has confirmed; Gibraltar's financial services are not in any way "harmful" to the tax authorities of other member states. The prejudice held against Gibraltar by some uninformed sources in Spain can best be countered by a serious analysis of the type published by the Commissioner Moscovici in answer to this question. When a fair and objective assessment is made by an impartial observer, Gibraltar benefits from clear statements that we comply with our international obligations.

https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/poli...x-transparency
Old Aug 31st 2018, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The US Navy’s Los Angeles-class submarine USS Newport News is pictured above sailing into Gibraltar yesterday evening.
The submarine’s arrival was not without incident, however.
Details were sketchy as this edition went to press, but eyewitnesses said a Spanish customs boat was intercepted by a Gibraltar Defence Police vessel after it came too close to the US submarine.

US submarine sails into port Gibraltar Chronicle
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing has been agreed on Gibraltar

On Gibraltar there is effectively nothing agreed. Nothing about the situation on the day Gibraltar leaves the EU, which is necessarily the day the UK leaves. Nothing about the situation during the 21-month transitional period. Nothing about Gibraltar’s situation under the new relationship thereafter between the UK and the EU. The only thing that is settled – on the EU’s side – is that any agreement has to be agreed by Spain. And that is hardly a plus.

Nothing has been agreed on Gibraltar
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with what you say Fred,feel sorry for all those in Gib. I was considering buying an apartment there early 2016.Glad I held off.Now I am ready to move on having sold all I have in Spain.But despite my granddaughter in Inverness trying to persuade me to reside again in Scotland,I feel that it is better to stay where I am.If that country had made a commitment to be free of English domination I may have thought differently.I have had businesses in each country & can thank Spain for what I have.Perhaps better the devil you know....
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Controls at the border has always been at the whim of the Spanish government the only difference will be that they do not now have to ensure a free flow of traffic when given advanced notice of the imminent arrival of EU inspectors.

Personally I cross the border often and rarely encounter a problem most of the delays seem to be aimed at hurting Spanish residents who come to work here.

Not sure I agree with your analysis of the property situation as there is an ever increasing demand for property from people working in Gibraltar and a very limited supply.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Ellis, there has always been a demand for property in Gib.that was not my point.It was in reference to what Fred was saying,that there is no concrete decisions made as regards Gib.by our Govn.We British nationals,legal residents in EU countries,are in the same situation.The difference being,to my mind,is that residents in Gibraltar are probably far more attached to the UK than we others are who prefer to be considered as"european" & they feel let down by there being no absolute ,down on paper,statement to say that,at whatever cost,the British Government will protect that territory.In fact,at one meeting I attended in my town in Spain by the British Consulate telling us the usual stuff about on going talks to protect our rights(Blah Blah) one group who IS keeping us up to date as far as it goes,said that some residents of Gib. were interested in becoming members.As to people working in Gib.& finding a limited supply of homes,perhaps this is because there is such a big changeover of staff in the financial section.I can imagine this as I have had a building society account for yonks years ,in sterling because I sold a property in UK yonks years ago which has sat there for yonks.When I go down for a visit & have a little chat with same B.Soc.,you can bet your little cotton socks that I never can speak with the previous person because they get shifted around to other locations .One other thing though,I did notice that the previous military buildings were being made into private dwellings since there is little left of that now.Literally hundreds of small apartments have been created but I get the impression that the big rental companies have taken up many.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For an overview of Gibraltar property take a look at:- https://www.propertygibraltar.com/

I am in a meeting this morning with the Development & Planning Commission
where they are discussing a project of my own.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Sep 4th 2018 at 6:12 am.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gibraltar's Athletes who will be competing at the World Master Athletics Championships in Malaga this week, have been informed they're forbidden from representing Gibraltar or from wearing a kit that identifies their country. In a letter from the WMA President, they’re told the instruction comes from the Spanish Government and that if not followed, could result in action being taken to stop the Championships from taking place.

https://www.gbc.gi/news/gibraltars-r...cs-event-spain
Old Sep 4th 2018, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
For an overview of Gibraltar property take a look at:- https://www.propertygibraltar.com/

I am in a meeting this morning with the Development & Planning Commission
where they are discussing a project of my own.
ooh...that sounds interesting. If it is a large project and needs funding I have some people who were looking to do something here last year but were not interested in what was on offer at the time.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gibraltar's Athletes who will be competing at the World Master Athletics Championships in Malaga this week, have been informed they're forbidden from representing Gibraltar or from wearing a kit that identifies their country. In a letter from the WMA President, they’re told the instruction comes from the Spanish Government and that if not followed, could result in action being taken to stop the Championships from taking place.

https://www.gbc.gi/news/gibraltars-r...cs-event-spain
disgusting when they bring their hate politics into sport
Old Sep 5th 2018, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Last night Sebastian Coe, the double Olympic gold medallist and president of the International Association of Athletics Federations, said the association back Gibraltar’s right to have its athletes compete under its nation’s flag.Writing on Twitter, he urged World Masters Athletics to “stand strong against this political interference”.

Outrage as Spain ‘forbids’ local athletes from representing Gibraltar in Malaga international event Gibraltar Chronicle
The IAAF supports Gibraltar's right to have its athletes compete under its nation's flag as they are a recognised European Federation. We urge the WMA to stand strong against this political interference.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

32 Parliamentarians To Join National Day Celebrations 10th September

https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/soci...y-celebrations

Last edited by Fredbargate; Sep 6th 2018 at 11:45 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.