Gibraltar 2

Old Apr 8th 2017, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by dougal03
I have been going to Gibraltar for many years from Spain.I am a British National,served in the Forces but disallowed to hold a bank account in my home country which is why,although I would like to help the economy of the UK,any sterling I happen to have is instead in a bank in Gib.who are happy to take my cash.However I am perplexed about accounts of long delays at the border between La Linea & our territory.As a pedestrian I have never been delayed,in fact actually never had my passport looked at,just been waved through by a member of border control.What I cannot imagine is why there are all these cars entering Gib.For what reason?It,s a rock for most of the space available & there are buses there to take you once you come into the territory.Pedal power is OK for workers.Perhaps someone can explain.
I live here and I have a car although my travel within Gib is on the free bus service with the exception of a weekly shop in the car.
I have had my car for 17 months and it's done 17,000 kms mostly outside Gib touring across the continent.

Queues are very difficult to predict the 4+ hour delay this week came without warning but these are not unusual although they have been less frequent recently

If you have not encountered one then you are either very lucky or only a recent arrival.

With the implementation of the new Schengen border contrls introduced yesterday the situation may become more problematic. But remember these controls have to be implemented on all Schengen exterior borders so that may become a problem in many places including trips from within the EU to UK and I suppose it should also be implemented at airports.
But I bet Spain will be the least flexible on the Gibraltar frontier.

28/7/2013
http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/hea...&article=10565

Photo from 27/7/2013 showing a water bowser being used on the Gibraltar side of the frontier to help the people in the queue which was at times 7 hours long.
Attached Thumbnails Gibraltar 2-water-bowser.jpg  
Old Apr 10th 2017, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

I must have been lucky,Fred,because I've been here 30 odd years & travel down the coast fairly often for a little break.I find going into Gib.quite refreshing,although I personally don't see it as England with sun.I also enjoy travelling all over europe.One time I was coming back from a tour of mostly eastern European countries(I,ve always had itchy feet since I left the RAF)& decided to carry on into UK for a quick visit to relatives.A British coach company obviously had arranged a block booking on the ferry to go into Dover & there must have been near to 200 people waiting to go through Border Control.It was a slow shuffle forward to present our passports when a man from the ferry arrived & told the desk"Listen,Mate,we have to sail on the tide & all these people are booked to go on that boat".At that the bar was opened & we all trooped through hastily putting away our unexamined passports!
Old Apr 10th 2017, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

With reference to my previous post

Passengers complain of 'nightmare' queues at Malaga airport following Schengen update - Olive Press News Spain
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Government To Mark 50th Anniversary Of 1967 Referendum

The Government has today announced a number of events that will take place in order to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1967 referendum. This was the first time that the people of Gibraltar were given the choice to remain British or to come under Spanish sovereignty.

Apr 10 - Government To Mark 50th Anniversary Of 1967 Referendum
Old Apr 15th 2017, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/384322-gi...ey-laundering/
Here's a fun article I've just come across, about Gibraltar. Living in a tax-haven myself, and being a longtime supporter of the idea of zero tax on incomes, I could hardly disapprove of Gib's tax-haven status, and I wish it well. As for being money-laundering centres, all the UK colonies are small beer compared with places like London, Frankfurt and Zurich; and the high-tax nations' supposed disapproval of money-laundering is hypocrisy at its finest.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/384322-gi...ey-laundering/
Here's a fun article I've just come across, about Gibraltar. Living in a tax-haven myself, and being a longtime supporter of the idea of zero tax on incomes, I could hardly disapprove of Gib's tax-haven status, and I wish it well. As for being money-laundering centres, all the UK colonies are small beer compared with places like London, Frankfurt and Zurich; and the high-tax nations' supposed disapproval of money-laundering is hypocrisy at its finest.
What a load of ballcocks, I have seen similar remarks elsewhere this week.

What is a Tax haven ?

No sales tax but OK no VAT
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Spanish say that the UK election is a snub to their Royals

Spanish say that the UK election is a snub to their Royals - Just Fancy that
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It looks like our friendly EU neighbours are up to their tricks again

At present and for the last half hour the forecast waiting time to leave Gib by car is around 3+ hours and it is not yet rush hour.

Glad I voted leave as I don't need the EU to ruin our lives the Spaniards can do it when they please
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Spanish say that the UK election is a snub to their Royals

Spanish say that the UK election is a snub to their Royals - Just Fancy that
Pathetic
Old Apr 21st 2017, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

UK election likely to see King of Spain’s state visit deferred

The King of Spain’s state visit to the UK is likely to be rescheduled after his country’s foreign minister indicated that staging it during the UK’s general election would not be appropriate.
King Felipe VI, accompanied by his wife, Queen Letizia, is due to tour the UK from June 6-8 after it was announced in March that he had accepted an invitation from the Queen.

King Felipe was due to make a state visit to the UK in March last year but this was postponed due to a political crisis in his country.

Full article:-
UK election likely to see King of Spain’s state visit deferred – Gibraltar Chronicle
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

New parking machines offer payment alternatives

These new machines will be able to accept credit and debit card payments, contactless card transactions together with the traditional cash payment in either Pounds or Euros.

New parking machines offer payment alternatives – Gibraltar Chronicle
Old Apr 27th 2017, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Free movement across the border between Gibraltar and Spain could be retained after Brexit without wider implications for UK itself, but only with Spain’s agreement, according to a report prepared for an influential committee of the European Parliament.

‘No technical obstacle’ to continued free movement at Gib border – EU report – Gibraltar Chronicle
Old Apr 27th 2017, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Picardo highlights continued business confidence in Gibraltar despite Brexit

Mr Picardo said the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission had issued 21 licences since the referendum vote and had another 22 in the pipeline.
Gibraltar had also issued two new gaming licences in that time and had another three pending.

Picardo highlights continued business confidence in Gibraltar despite Brexit – Gibraltar Chronicle
Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.academia.edu/32054802/Gi...ted_Population

An interesting academic view on implanted population in Gib
Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

https://www.academia.edu/30105020/Gi...itorial_Watershttps://www.academia.edu/30105020/Gi...itorial_Waters

An interesting academic view of Gib's territorial waters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.