Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

This is getting scary now!

This is getting scary now!

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is getting scary now!

Originally Posted by vox populia
Solar panels compulsory where?
Oh dear, there is always one isn't there!!!!

ON THE ROOF OF COURSE - SILLY
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Oh dear, there is always one isn't there!!!!

ON THE ROOF OF COURSE - SILLY
I think he may mean country.... Spain, new construction regs.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:40 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

really!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:48 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lionda
Whoo hoo - we may be next

Just received an e-mail from our solicitor saying that when she receives a letter from our bank confirming that they are giving us a mortgage then she will forward the letter to the builders and they will release the keys OMG Am I dreaming I'm shaking here!

Oh - and another thing, we have also been told they are fitting solar panels as it has been a legal requirement since October 2006 on new builds - so maybe the wait was worth it
Brilliant news Lionda thats great you must be over the moon after all the knocks you have taken. Well done for not quitting, it seems its all going to be worth the wait
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:56 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Brilliant news Lionda thats great you must be over the moon after all the knocks you have taken. Well done for not quitting, it seems its all going to be worth the wait
Looks like we could be having that celebratory drink soon eh

Hope it doesn't take you long to sell your house so you can get over as soon as possible. We will be about 46 mins from Hondon (according to a route finder) so if we get over before you then you will have to call round on your next visit over. ok
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!

AAAAAH i am so jealous - if you need a gardener/cleaner/dog walker/ translator / menu traslator at restaurants/ let me know!!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Congratulations Lionda and best wishes
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lionda....

Has the letter been rec'd etc? What's happened....been away for a bit !

Sooooo excited for you hun

Mich xxxxxx
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:19 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Hi Lionda....

Has the letter been rec'd etc? What's happened....been away for a bit !

Sooooo excited for you hun

Mich xxxxxx
Thanks Mich
This is a part of the e-mail we received from our solicitor last week.....

The title deed is not ready yet because there is still some paperwork missing. As you are taking a mortgage for the final payment, it is obvious that your bank is not going to release any funds to you until the deeds are signed. For this reason, the Developer may accept to let you in the premises if we show him a certificate from your bank confirming you have been granted a mortgage and for how much.

Could you ask your mortgage broker to get this certificate? When I get it I will approach the Developer in order to ask for the keys.

I did ask Ian for a certificate to have it in file just in case you decided to take possession of the property but I have not received it yet.

The problem now is --- I can't get hold of our mortgage broker because he was out of the office all last week :curse:
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
Thanks Mich
This is a part of the e-mail we received from our solicitor last week.....

The title deed is not ready yet because there is still some paperwork missing. As you are taking a mortgage for the final payment, it is obvious that your bank is not going to release any funds to you until the deeds are signed. For this reason, the Developer may accept to let you in the premises if we show him a certificate from your bank confirming you have been granted a mortgage and for how much.

Could you ask your mortgage broker to get this certificate? When I get it I will approach the Developer in order to ask for the keys.

I did ask Ian for a certificate to have it in file just in case you decided to take possession of the property but I have not received it yet.

The problem now is --- I can't get hold of our mortgage broker because he was out of the office all last week :curse:

:curse:

Why is it when you need anyone urgently, be it solicitors, mortgage brokers etc they are out of the office...for not ONE day....but a whole WEEK !!!!! :curse:

Mate....keep smiling hun....at least something is happening, you're not at a total standstill !

I can't believe all the things that can go wrong or hold up a move, it's such a nightmare.

Keep us uptodate....

Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:31 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
:curse:

Why is it when you need anyone urgently, be it solicitors, mortgage brokers etc they are out of the office...for not ONE day....but a whole WEEK !!!!! :curse:

Mate....keep smiling hun....at least something is happening, you're not at a total standstill !

I can't believe all the things that can go wrong or hold up a move, it's such a nightmare.

Keep us uptodate....

Oh you can be sure I will - I'll be shouting out loud on here when things start to happen

xx
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Lionda,

I'm excited for you, I don't know your journey so far, but reading between the lines it sound like it has been a rocky one. I'm that excited for you that I've put the kettle on, but I've a feeling you want something much stronger...

Out of interest - did you use a spanish bank for your spanish mortgage, or one of the english euro mortgages? I'm at the other end of your journey (wish me luck!) and would some mortgage hints.

Good luck!!!!

Kettle's whistling...

mrs teapot
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:49 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Lionda,

I'm excited for you, I don't know your journey so far, but reading between the lines it sound like it has been a rocky one. I'm that excited for you that I've put the kettle on, but I've a feeling you want something much stronger...

Out of interest - did you use a spanish bank for your spanish mortgage, or one of the english euro mortgages? I'm at the other end of your journey (wish me luck!) and would some mortgage hints.

Good luck!!!!

Kettle's whistling...
Hi Mrs teapot

Thanks, we will need all the luck and positive thoughts we can get, it's been going on for so long we were on the brink of pulling out! My friends on here kept me focused though and I started fighting and finally got some results We have got a Spanish mortgage, I have pm'd you the link to the mortgage broker we used.

Tea with milk, no sugar please I'll save the stronger stuff for when we get a date to move
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much Lionda - I'm sorry you have had such a bad time.

Here's your brew...!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Thanks very much Lionda - I'm sorry you have had such a bad time.

Here's your brew...!
At least there is light at the end of the tunnel - thanks for the brew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.