Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Getting rid of accumalated stuff

Getting rid of accumalated stuff

Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:09 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting rid of accumalated stuff

Meanwhile back on the subject.....................

I have had some success using specific forums ie: I had some camping stuff & joined up on a Spanish camping forum, sold a tent & bought a few bits & bobs Made a few 'e' friends in the process.

And look around your area, we have a local 'Brit' shop that also takes secondhand stuff to sell for you, they put their 10% on top & every one's happy.

Last edited by Grebo; Mar 10th 2011 at 1:11 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grebo
Meanwhile back on the subject.....................

I have had some success using specific forums ie: I had some camping stuff & joined up on a Spanish camping forum, sold a tent & bought a few bits & bobs Made a few 'e' friends in the process.

And look around your area, we have a local 'Brit' shop that also takes secondhand stuff to sell for you, they put their 10% on top & every one's happy.
Never thought of that what a good idea might mention it to our local Brit shop, never hurts to mention it the worst they can say is NO! but people would need to be realistic as to it's condition, never sell anything that you would not be prepared to buy yourself I have seen some crap being sold at carboots and such like, I have thrown away stuff in better condition would rather sell it than take it home again.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I wish someone would correct the spelling in the thread title...
Accumulated stuff!

Apologies mate.....Slip of the digit methinks?

I see that this has sparked off somewhat of a discussion, albeit on nothing to do with my question.....Anyway....Onwards....Anyone want a couple of thousand used but excellent condition... paperback novels? Thousands of golfballs.....Dozens of clubs/putters/drivers. ( New )...Thousands of music cassettes....Hundreds of original music DVD's.....Was just looking for perhaps a local place to flog em off cheaply....Oh! And the latest gist on the property market and its future in Spain.....

Be safe!:thumbup
:
Old Mar 10th 2011, 2:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Maybe in the UK but not in Spain or parts of Spain.

Apart from the reasons already mentioned I read that the Spanish Police were concerned that goods offered as second hand were actually stolen goods.

Anyhow its all academic because the car boot concept has not caught on in Spain nor many other countries come to think of it.
The guy is asking if it is possible to sell stuff at markets, I think he has got his answer.
I go to four rastros every week, three run by Spaniards, Fuengirola, Arroya, and Torri, one by Brits at Mijas horse race track, I have seen new stock taken from some Brit sellers at Fuengirola on Saturdays by the police, but the carboots have been going for years.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
The guy is asking if it is possible to sell stuff at markets, I think he has got his answer.
I go to four rastros every week, three run by Spaniards, Fuengirola, Arroya, and Torri, one by Brits at Mijas horse race track, I have seen new stock taken from some Brit sellers at Fuengirola on Saturdays by the police, but the carboots have been going for years.
No, he actually asked if there were any on the Costa Brava!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
No, he actually asked if there were any on the Costa Brava!
I am just telling him it is possible, if there are boot sales there