Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Getting rid of accumalated stuff

Getting rid of accumalated stuff

Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting rid of accumalated stuff

Originally Posted by Rotor
Free enterprise dose not exist in Spain hence the economy is nose diving at a frightening rate
Yeah, it shrunk by -0.1% in 2010. Frightening!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yeah, it shrunk by -0.1% in 2010. Frightening!
Yeah thats why every thing is rosey, low unemployment , low fuel prices ,low food prices ,new car sales booming , property market`s buoyent, you really believe what you want dont you dont you, open your eyes and live in the real world .
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thats why every thing is rosey, low unemployment , low fuel prices ,low food prices ,new car sales booming , property market`s buoyent, you really believe what you want dont you dont you, open your eyes and live in the real world .
I never said everything is rosey. Things are bad of course, but that goes for most of the countries in the Western world.

And I dont expect things to be getting better soon, not in Spain, the UK or the US. We are going to have 10 years of no growth, best get used to it!

Oh and can't wait for the property to keep getting back to reasonable levels. Hopefully we can buy a nice family home with a nice bit of land in the next year or two.

Always good to look on the bright side
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I never said everything is rosey. Things are bad of course, but that goes for most of the countries in the Western world.

And I dont expect things to be getting better soon, not in Spain, the UK or the US. We are going to have 10 years of no growth, best get used to it!

Oh and can't wait for the property to keep getting back to reasonable levels. Hopefully we can buy a nice family home with a nice bit of land in the next year or two.

Always good to look on the bright side
You should not belive what the crooks in Madrid tell you , also you will find that property will only get cheaper if the the economy gets worse, house prices in the UK are stable if not very slightly increasing ,sadly not the case in Spain, people need to get realistic.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You should not belive what the crooks in Madrid tell you , also you will find that property will only get cheaper if the the economy gets worse, house prices in the UK are stable if not very slightly increasing ,sadly not the case in Spain, people need to get realistic.
Crooks in Madrid? GDP figures are varified by a number of international organisations, economists and approved accountants!

Re, property, that is not true at all. Prices in London are down 10-20% from peak (2007), while prices in the North and less desirable parts of the South East are down by 30% from peak.

In Spain, prices are down 10-20% from peak, EXCEPT in the Costa areas where there are lots of foreigners who "Bought into the dream". Here, prices are down 50% from peak, at least!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Crooks in Madrid? GDP figures are varified by a number of international organisations, economists and approved accountants!

Re, property, that is not true at all. Prices in London are down 10-20% from peak (2007), while prices in the North and less desirable parts of the South East are down by 30% from peak.

In Spain, prices are down 10-20% from peak, EXCEPT in the Costa areas where there are lots of foreigners who "Bought into the dream". Here, prices are down 50% from peak, at least!
As I said believe what you want , I ve had 25 year experince in property developing and have many friends/associates in the same game
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As I said believe what you want , I ve had 25 year experince in property developing and have many friends/associates in the same game
Yes and I regularly read the trade press, visit property websites in both countries and talk to the estate agents.

If you think property prices have increased in the past 4 years in the UK then you are deluded and obviously know nothing
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes and I regularly read the trade press, visit property websites in both countries and talk to the estate agents.

If you think property prices have increased in the past 4 years in the UK then you are deluded and obviously know nothing
Thats why I semi retired in my forties and your unemployed and living off your wife in a rented apartment

Those who can do or have done
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats why I semi retired in my forties and your unemployed and living off your wife in a rented apartment

Those who can do or have done
Well, you are wrong again. You couldnt be more wrong. Bit of a habit of yours

My OH and I could both retire now if we wanted, as long as we rented a cheap 2 bed flat - and we only started working 7 years ago

Not that we earn big money, but saying you are rich enough to be semi-retired means nothing
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, you are wrong again. You couldnt be more wrong. Bit of a habit of yours

My OH and I could both retire now if we wanted, as long as we rented a cheap 2 bed flat - and we only started working 7 years ago

Not that we earn big money, but saying you are rich enough to be semi-retired means nothing
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

You must read the trade press and speak to the wrong type of agent,like I said those who know......

http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/agri...-13pc-in-2010/
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You must read the trade press and speak to the wrong type of agent,like I said those who know......

http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/agri...-13pc-in-2010/
You really have a poor sense of judgement. What does the price of farmland got to do with anything? Or the price of prime London property in Q4 2010?

You clearly do not understand how to interpret data
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:29 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I wish someone would correct the spelling in the thread title...
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

You really have a poor sense of judgement. What does the price of farmland got to do with anything? Or the price of prime London property in Q4 2010?

You clearly do not understand how to interpret data
You really are a nob it got everything to do with it , thats where my investments are I posted the link to educate you but then I realised you know everything
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

With all due respect what has your play ground squabble have to do with the thread, I think we all understand the concept of economics although interpretations of it can be very different.

As the thread is about getting rid of accumulated stuff not how screwed up the world is why not make suggestions as has been mentioned. Hold a garden sale, friday ads or classifieds in Brit papers they may not be very successful depends on how much you want, how much people will pay and what condition it is in.

People seem to want something for nothing but are not willing to give it away themselves, swings and roundabouts. Ask a fair price and do not haggle, pay a fair price and stop being a cheap skate and both parties will be happy, but then again maybe I am away with the fairies, but at least I am happy with my lot in life and can sleep at night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.