Gandia

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gandia

Originally Posted by Annetje
Hi Rosemary, feel free to join me in Salou, if you want. Gandia is a bit too far for me, driving from the Var in France. I am in the same boat as you, my husband passed away 2 years ago and only just now I am trying to do things on my own. Already booked a holiday in Ayamonte for February (we always went there so its very much 2nd home to me), and now want to try Salou for the New Year.

Anne
Anne, hi, I lost my husband 3 yrs ago, I am in Ayamonte so if you want to chat and/or meet up when you visit just PM me :-)
Old Nov 25th 2012, 3:43 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Anne, hi, I lost my husband 3 yrs ago, I am in Ayamonte so if you want to chat and/or meet up when you visit just PM me :-)
Thanks very much
I will PM when closer to my travel date !

Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:20 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have resurrected this thread in order to stop us highjacking the thread on Madrid by Emmis.

Thank you Domino and LynnR for your posts I appreciate your input.

The hotel did Christmas in such a low key way, small amount of decorations, a tree and that was it. Christmas eve they put slightly different food on and everyone was given Cava to toast each other and a few of the people sang a couple of songs at dinner and on Christmas day we were given Cava again but that was it so it worked out very well for me. I am very glad that I did not stay at home and glad that I forced myself to go elsewhere.

Many walks, a lot of driving to other places and a great deal of reading meant that I survived the week. Thought at one point about staying over the New Year too but on the night before the flats near to the hotel suddenly filled with noisy youngsters so I knew then that it was good that I was coming home.

For the last 4 years I have stayed within a 12 kilometre radius so this break has broken that and will also encourage me to venture out more than I have been.

Rosemary
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
I did a search in google.es for "Gandia Marina pisos de vacaciones" and there were quite a few hits for apartments to let. But not sure if they're available "out of season".

Hope you find something that suits. If you do and you're walking the beach and come across two fat old men paddling, that's us. Wave and say "hello".
Did not spot you at all but there were a lot of people paddling.

Rosemary