Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flying Chihuahuas

Flying Chihuahuas

Old May 5th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: Flying Chihuahuas

Originally Posted by midget gem
thanks youngy, i will have a look at that website! Another question for all you pet owners - do you use sunscreen on your dogs? Or a mosquito repellent?
I have to put suncream on my yellow lab his tummy is full of moles and he does burn and thats in uk
Old May 6th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough

wow - vaseline on noses - i never would have thought of that! I have bought a 3-in-1 spray today that apparently deters mosquitos, acts as a sun screen and a moisturiser, so i'm hoping that should do the trick. How would i know if my dogs are getting sun burnt? 2 of them have dark hair, the other is fawn.
Old May 6th 2007, 9:01 am
Just Joined

youngy is an unknown quantity at this point

wow - vaseline on noses - i never would have thought of that! I have bought a 3-in-1 spray today that apparently deters mosquitos, acts as a sun screen and a moisturiser, so i'm hoping that should do the trick. How would i know if my dogs are getting sun burnt? 2 of them have dark hair, the other is fawn.
Be Vigilant with your pooches, we have sunscreen for Archie, its like a UVA Protective spray, we need to be extra extra careful with having a bulldog best to keep them out of of the hottest parts of the days.

We are lucky in that our bully wont be to active, so he will sleep, if he could get away with it in the sun as well, the hottest part of the day is at the front so our garden is in the shade from midday onwards, most dogs are pretty self regulating they will go into the shade when they are to hot.

Vasiline is a good remedy for noses, Sudo Cream for tear stains as well.
Old May 7th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Good advice I hadn't thought of our dog getting sunburn Thanks all
Old May 10th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

hi youngy, i think i will give tfa logistics a call today, as we have now decided it would be easier if i fly over with the dogs.
Old May 10th 2007, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

hi youngy, i think i will give tfa logistics a call today, as we have now decided it would be easier if i fly over with the dogs.
Yeah ask to speak with Colin Verrall, at TFA, tell him Simon Young recommended him!

Cheers.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

do you know if they fly out of all uk airports? i am in manchester. i have just emailed them as i couldn't get through on the phone.

I am going to ring around some of the airlines too such as Monarch and BMI and see how much it costs to go directly through them.

I want to be on the same flight as the dogs so it's going to be expensive!!
Old May 14th 2007, 9:52 am
Just Joined

do you know if they fly out of all uk airports? i am in manchester. i have just emailed them as i couldn't get through on the phone.

I am going to ring around some of the airlines too such as Monarch and BMI and see how much it costs to go directly through them.

I want to be on the same flight as the dogs so it's going to be expensive!!
I know that TFA do all the Livestock Cargo on behalf of Monarch, so if you ring Monarch directly, the likelyhood is that they will stick you through to TFA.

I was limited who we could use for flying over Archie as some airlines do not accept any Barcyphilac breeds of dog.

Im pretty sure they cover mostly all UK Airports, but I cant be 100% sure, Colin or Kevin at TFA should be able to answer all your questions, for your info I have paid just over £300 for the shipping of Archie but that inludes Crate etc.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

300 for one dog! Gosh that's expensive! I have been quoted £434 to fly all 3 of my chihuahuas - i know they are smaller but gosh, thats a big difference!
Old May 14th 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

300 for one dog! Gosh that's expensive! I have been quoted £434 to fly all 3 of my chihuahuas - i know they are smaller but gosh, thats a big difference!
Yeah its a lot of money, but its all relevant to the type of dog, the value, the size of Crate required etc etc and this boy needs to have Extra Special care. Wrapped up in Cotton Wool so to speak for his flight!
Old May 14th 2007, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

gettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant future

we will have the same thing to sort out in the next few months we got to get 3 dogs a cat and 86 birds of prey to Valencia. We decided to drive!! anyways airlines reluctant to fly them, so we will be on route with an assorted fleet of landrovers with trailers, vans and a arctic carrying all our kit! only problem is where will we fit the children????