Flying Chihuahuas

Flying Chihuahuas

Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

youngy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flying Chihuahuas

Originally Posted by midget gem
how old is your new puppy?

I think we may have decided to drive now. Plymouth to Santander and then self-drive across Spain. Making the journey one big adventure!

I don't think my baggage allowance would be anywhere near big enough on the plane!
He is 9 weeks old on Sunday so he will fly at 12 weeks.

Plymouth to Santander is i think your only option with dogs, Portsmouth to Bilbao with P&O is a no go.

If your trekking towards gibraltar way and looking for work send me a PM as we run a recruitment agency there and would be happy to point you in the correct way!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough

hey young, thanks for the advice about p&o. i looked on their website but couldn't see anything about travelling with animals.

As for work, well i guess i will be looking in and around benalmadena. I have a degree in Psychology and a masters in Child Psychology so he thought of having to just do bar work isn't that appealing as i've spent so long training. can i ask your professional opinion? is it incredibly difficult to find a semi decent job if you aren't fluent in spanish? I can get by in conversational spanish but am certainly not fluent.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Who has ever heard of "Flying Chihuahuahanas, I've never heard of them, let alone eaten one ....and do you reeallly wan't to eat one . so ****-------------ng bony

Disgusting what-----------st more .........bony etc
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Hi Midget Gem,

whilst not as qualified as you I have qualifications in mental health and have a good job over here in England, but am looking at working in bar's kitchens and hopefully English nursing homes in Spain, my Spanish is very limited. I know I am not going to earn (if I do get a job) anywhere near the salary I earn in England. I am looking at moving to Benal but perhaps with your qualifications a more affluent place such as Puerto Banus (expats with more money )would be better for you. More experienced people on the site can advise you

Good luck Karen
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kaylee, yeah its really hard isn't it? The thought of giving up everything you have worked for to work in a bar! Don't get me wrong, moving to Spain will be amazing, and i knwo me and my boyfriend will hvae afabulous time - opportunity of a life time. But i just hope i cna get something a little more rewarding than bar work
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

quick question - does anybody else have chihuahuas?
Old May 4th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

quick question - does anybody else have chihuahuas?
I've got a chihuahua cross jack russell she is so funny a right character.I saw loads of people with chihuahuas last week on the costa blanca,
Old May 4th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

thanks jeanc, i was beginning to think nobody had a chihuahua! Ho does your little one cope with the heat? I am guessing mine will love it because they ado the sunshine - any bit of sunlight coming in through the window and they all huddle up and fight to get into the bit of carpet thats the warmest!!
Old May 4th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

thanks jeanc, i was beginning to think nobody had a chihuahua! Ho does your little one cope with the heat? I am guessing mine will love it because they ado the sunshine - any bit of sunlight coming in through the window and they all huddle up and fight to get into the bit of carpet thats the warmest!!
I'm still in uk at mo but my dog loves lying in the sun even when its cold if the suns out she wants to go out and lay in it.
Old May 4th 2007, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

"The Boy" flys out to us in a little under 3 weeks, well 18 days now not that I am counting.

Midget Gem, I would be happy to make a recommendation thus far with the company I am using they have been extremly helpful and communications are continuing to ensure our Bulldog Puppy Archie arrives safe and sound here on May 22nd.
Old May 4th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

hi youngy, yeah that would be great if you can pass me the details! i had changed my mind and decided to drive over with them, that way we could take more luggage too but i'm open to all ideas! How are you getting all your stuff to spain?
Old May 4th 2007, 4:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

couldn't resist
Attached Thumbnails Flying Chihuahuas-event_917872.jpg  
Old May 4th 2007, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

hi youngy, yeah that would be great if you can pass me the details! i had changed my mind and decided to drive over with them, that way we could take more luggage too but i'm open to all ideas! How are you getting all your stuff to spain?
All my stuff??? Er I arrived here a year ago to date pretty much and with nothing but lass Alex and two very large snowboard bags, a year on we have our own place, Alex works for a top online gaming company and I run and own two companies with my buisness partners.

Of course now settled we have a very homely apartment in Alcaidesa and its time for a new member of the family now we are settled, Archie is that member.

For Transportation talk to Colin Verral from TFA Logistics, url is www.tfalogistics.com
Hope this helps.

Last edited by jdr; May 4th 2007 at 4:43 pm. Reason: editing link
Old May 5th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

thanks youngy, i will have a look at that website! Another question for all you pet owners - do you use sunscreen on your dogs? Or a mosquito repellent?
Old May 5th 2007, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

You will need to use vaseline on the dogs noses, they tend to get a bit crusty else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.