Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Favourite Pictures of Spain

Wikiposts

Favourite Pictures of Spain

Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:14 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Pictures of Spain

Originally Posted by Lochy
You don't like the kursaal? How can you not like the Kursaal???
To me it just seems so out of place, it wrecks La Zurriola...but then again I am not a pointy headed new wave architecture buff. I like SS's turn of the century charm better, the ironwork on the Bridges or around the beaches, the Hotel Cristina and the old houses on the hill.

Last edited by ironporer; Jul 10th 2007 at 11:17 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

afega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really nice

Originally Posted by afega
A fortress destroyed in the XIVth century by a Duke of Lancaster, son of Henry III, who pretends the castilian crown. He lost the war but his daughter married with the heir of the king of Castilla, so the Duke become (somehow) regent of the kingdom...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of...e_of_Lancaster

This fortress is the Tower de Castro, Xinzo de Limia (Orense).

New pic:
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-coast.jpg  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:22 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

New pic:
From the landscape I'm guessing Asturias, Cantabria, Galicia but have no clue exactly. It is beautiful! In the same vein here is another Mrs. IP selected foto:
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-pds.jpg  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
You don't like the kursaal? How can you not like the Kursaal???
Hola!
2nd photo is El raton de Getaria, and... the Kursaal
Regards,
Carol
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
From the landscape I'm guessing Asturias, Cantabria, Galicia but have no clue exactly. It is beautiful! In the same vein here is another Mrs. IP selected foto:
hhmm, whales' teeth, so somewhere on the Galician coast?
Carol
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

New pic:
Hhmm, picos de europa in the background? Not sure about the place. West of Santander? More clues, please.
Carol
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:50 am
Maño-Americano

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola!
2nd photo is El raton de Getaria, and... the Kursaal
Regards,
Carol

The 2nd photo is spectacular BTW...if it just didn't have that damn ugly Kursaal screwing it up.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:53 am
Maño-Americano

hhmm, whales' teeth, so somewhere on the Galician coast?
Carol
No, not Galicia...but it is in the North.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola!
Sorry, forgot to say congratulations to the karma winners! Correct answer: San Ignacio de Loyola monastery & basilica.

ok, not Galicia, hhmmmm...more clues, please. I'll say Zarautz - stab in the dark.
Carol
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:31 am
Maño-Americano

Hola!
Sorry, forgot to say congratulations to the karma winners! Correct answer: San Ignacio de Loyola monastery & basilica.

ok, not Galicia, hhmmmm...more clues, please. I'll say Zarautz - stab in the dark.
Carol

No, Zarauts no...though I love the place. Spent 2 weeks at Hotel Zarautz several years ago and highly recommend it.

Hints....Asturias, silence
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:15 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

No, Zarauts no...though I love the place. Spent 2 weeks at Hotel Zarautz several years ago and highly recommend it.

Hints....Asturias, silence
Bizarre, I think I just stumbled on a website which shows theis - and no, I didn't google it!!

Playa el silencio, Gavieira.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

afega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really nice

This photo is so beautiful. Did she use a filter? is the west part of Asturias?

I know my pic could be anywhere, but this coast, always grey and windy, is so feared by the seamen... So many crosses along the cliffs reminds the shipwrecks and the lost lives...

Last edited by afega; Jul 11th 2007 at 8:15 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

I know my pic could be anywhere, but this coast, always grey and windy, is so feared by the seamen... So many crosses along the cliffs reminds the shipwrecks and the lost lives...
More clues for my photo:
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-untitled-1-copy.jpg   Favourite Pictures of Spain-man.jpg  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:29 pm
Maño-Americano

We downloaded the pic online, don't know whom to credit nor their technique.

Your foto...Cosa de la Muerte, Galicia?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

We downloaded the pic online, don't know whom to credit nor their technique.

Your foto...Cosa de la Muerte, Galicia?
Exactly, but who is the Man?

Last edited by afega; Jul 11th 2007 at 11:10 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.