Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Favourite Pictures of Spain

Wikiposts

Favourite Pictures of Spain

Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:10 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Pictures of Spain

Originally Posted by Carol&John
IP, you've given away the answer! Zaragoza.
I was beginning to wonder myself if it was a bridge in Cordoba (I've never been there)...my wife confirms that in the 1st pic you see La Seo tower...in the second, most can easily see it's in zgza- with the back drop of El Pilar Basilica.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

IP, it was the picture with the two lions at the entrance to the bridge which did it! Spent forever googling for that clue!

Aah! 3rd photo: either Jaen or Cordoba province? Haven't a clue about the 2nd one, more info please! (Whenever anyone wakes up!)

Re-pasted this photo; nobody interested? Well, I'm giving no more clues then...
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-no-name.jpg  
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:18 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

IP, it was the picture with the two lions at the entrance to the bridge which did it! Spent forever googling for that clue!

Aah! 3rd photo: either Jaen or Cordoba province? Haven't a clue about the 2nd one, more info please! (Whenever anyone wakes up!)

Re-pasted this photo; nobody interested? Well, I'm giving no more clues then...

It is Jaen... the 'Mar de Olivos'.

Your pic has both me (easy) and Mrs IP (harder) stumped!

Second pic is from a town in the north of spain, Castilla Leon Community...the town is also capital and namesake of it's province. A jewel we never planned on visiting, just happened to be in the right place when we traveled from Madrid- Donosti a few years ago. Also has a wonderful cathedral, which took 400 years to build.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:40 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer

Second pic is from a town in the north of spain, Castilla Leon Community...the town is also capital and namesake of it's province. A jewel we never planned on visiting, just happened to be in the right place when we traveled from Madrid- Donosti a few years ago. Also has a wonderful cathedral, which took 400 years to build.
Valladolid
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:41 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Anabella,
Guessing Ronda or Jaen?

Ronda it is, one of my favourite places in the south ...
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

On me own again, ! Anybody care to guess my photo? Here are the clues so far:
soldier turned monk
one of the original "big brothers"
Gipuskoa
more clues:
a hidden gem along the Urola Valley (Like yourselves, IP, we tootled along this road quite a few years ago, and came across this stunning site.)
basilica
monastery

Winner gets karma

Carol
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:50 pm
Maño-Americano

Originally Posted by anabella
Valladolid
Close...but no cigar. Another clue, from inside it's wonderful Cathedral.
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-img27.jpg  
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Burgos!?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:35 pm
Maño-Americano

Burgos!?
Bingo! Karma sent.

We just happened to stop there after filing my wife's (DCF) spouse visa petition in Madrid earlier in the day. Burgos also just happened to be in 'Fiestas', so it was double charming...on top of our elation at having our visa petition go so smoothly and be accepted.

I still am stumped on your's- will call Mrs. IP in a few hours when she wakes up and give her your clues...
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

afega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really niceafega is just really nice

A fortress destroyed in the XIVth century by a Duke of Lancaster, son of Henry III, who pretends the castilian crown. He lost the war but his daughter married with the heir of the king of Castilla, so the Duke become (somehow) regent of the kingdom...
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-monasterio.jpg  

Last edited by afega; Jul 8th 2007 at 11:19 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:45 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

This is our place
Attached Thumbnails Favourite Pictures of Spain-24th-june-045.jpg   Favourite Pictures of Spain-24th-june-001.jpg   Favourite Pictures of Spain-24th-june-027.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:49 am

soldier turned monk
Gipuskoa
more clues:
a hidden gem along the Urola Valley (Like yourselves, IP, we tootled along this road quite a few years ago, and came across this stunning site.)
basilica
monastery

Winner gets karma

Carol
I knew it was in the Basque country but I didn't manage to find it last night... your clues really helped : Santuario de Loyola. Azpeitia
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:45 am
Maño-Americano

soldier turned monk
Gipuskoa
more clues:
basilica
monastery

Winner gets karma

Carol
San Iñaki....
San Ignacio de Loyola...Basílica de San Ignacio de Loyola

Azpeitia, País Vasco

Mrs IP came thru!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:53 am
Maño-Americano

Originally Posted by anabella
I knew it was in the Basque country but I didn't manage to find it last night... your clues really helped : Santuario de Loyola. Azpeitia

Damn, ya nos has ganado! I should have read all the answers!
Mecaguen el mar!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:58 am

Damn, ya nos has ganado! I should have read all the answers!
Mecaguen el mar!

No pasa nada I was very excited when I found the answer too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.