Faith

Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Faith

Originally Posted by bil
Because they are in a position of trust. Becuase they tell you how you should behave. Because they tell you you will go to hell if you so much as have a knuckle shuffle. Because their actions are so at odds with the message of their faith. Because they don't apologise. Because they don't do anything for the victims. Because they don't address the problem. Because they are in denial.

Because they are men.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Because they are men.
must be a witch, lets burn her.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:10 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Because they are men.
A somewhat stupid statement in view of the number of females involved in sex abuse.
As with men the true figures aren't known, but what is known is that a far greater number of cases perpetrated by women go unreported or else swept under the carpet for fairly obvious reasons ,than with men.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
A somewhat stupid statement in view of the number of females involved in sex abuse.
As with men the true figures aren't known, but what is known is that a far greater number of cases perpetrated by women go unreported or else swept under the carpet for fairly obvious reasons ,than with men.

As you cannot quote statistics I think your response is strange but predictable.

Take for instance the RC and C of E in GB...........what percentage do you think were/are women perverts?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

As you cannot quote statistics I think your response is strange but predictable.

Take for instance the RC and C of E in GB...........what percentage do you think were/are women perverts?
What does it matter? One or a hundred? Not really that important, in fact women are better placed to be involved for exactly the same reason religious figures are, they are seen as unlikely to do it and are trusted.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:52 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not referring solely to the clergy, but to sexual abuse in general, as you appeared to do with your remark, "because they are men".
I've seen a number of documentaries explaining the likely reasons.
For instance women are much more likely to report their partners for sexual abuse, than visa versa.
Men find it much more difficult and embarrassing to spill the beans on their partners, partly because they think it reflects badly on themselves, for not being aware of it happening under their noses and for not having stopped it immediately.
Also they are less inclined to allow it to break up their partnership.
Men often prefer to go on to deal with it themselves, rather than expose themselves,their partners and family to the effects of full exposure.

I'm not trying to justify the conduct of either sex, but merely to partly explain why sexual abuse by men is much more likely to come to light than cases involving women.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

I'm not trying to justify the conduct of either sex, but merely to partly explain why sexual abuse by men is much more likely to come to light than cases involving women.
I dont see why the sex of the perpetrator should make any difference because the abused could come forward in later life and expose the abuser for instance.

No I was just curious as to what other people think is the percentage of women sex abusers in the church because I think the majority must be men.

From what I hear from friends nuns were vicious to them but none were tampered with.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, then again, in secondary school, there was that French student exchange teacher who looked and sounded remarkably like Bridget Bardot in her prime. One could only dream...............no talk of child abuse in those days.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:24 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Of course, then again, in secondary school, there was that French student exchange teacher who looked and sounded remarkably like Bridget Bardot in her prime. One could only dream...............no talk of child abuse in those days.

Exactly,another case to prove my point.
Still having wet dreams about my French teacher.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

I think the answer is to take it on a case by case basis.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1414&bih=654
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Because they are men.
That's what I like, a good, rational assessment of the situation.

Sheesh.

Sad, predictable, sexist and abouve all given without paying attention to what's going on.

Not many posts back, you'll see where I referred to nuns also being serious abusers, and one only has to remember the film of the magdalenes, those unmarried mothers who were put in the care of the nuns in Ireland.

The abuse they suffered was horrific, and yet so much less serious than that which was handed out to children in the care of nuns.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
Not many posts back, you'll see where I referred to nuns also being serious abusers, and one only has to remember the film of the magdalenes, those unmarried mothers who were put in the care of the nuns in Ireland.

Apparently these women were abused by priests, staff and helpers and nuns.

So not just nuns.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:09 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently these women were abused by priests, staff and helpers and nuns.

So not just nuns.
Sorry, are you desperate to try and prove me wrong? What is it? A chip on the shoulder? Or do you just not read what I post?

Point out please where I have ever said that abuse was carried out by just nuns.

You can't, can you?

First off you want to pin all the abuse on men, then when I point out that nuns were very often abusive, you try and faff on about it wasn't just nuns.

WTF?????

Fell free to apologise any time for getting it wrong.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 3:51 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
.... as has the teaching profession, doctors, care assistants, nursery workers, scouts.... you name it, they are there. My point is, why are we so fixated on Christianity?
Originally Posted by bil
Because they are in a position of trust. Becuase they tell you how you should behave. Because they tell you you will go to hell if you so much as have a knuckle shuffle. Because their actions are so at odds with the message of their faith. Because they don't apologise. Because they don't do anything for the victims. Because they don't address the problem. Because they are in denial.
The question was

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
why are we so fixated on Christianity?
The answer given was

Because they are men.
Does that make sense to anyone apart from whitelinen?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 4:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Could the fact that more boys have been abused than girls be simply because until recent times there have never been woman priests? You can’t compare nuns with priests, they don’t have congregations, they’re not in charge (to the same extent).

But other religions are also to blame for past and present horrors, a particularly big one tells its followers to kill infidels (non-believers). Like me. Why should they want to kill me because I don‘t share their beliefs?

And us Brits, collectively, cleared two whole continents of its native people because the American Indians and the Australian Aboriginals didn’t share our religion and worshipped things like trees and rocks, and God knows what else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.