Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

Old Mar 2nd 2022, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

Can anybody shed a bit of light on this issue for me ? We are reading on gov.uk in the part that says if you’re not fully vaccinated that if you are accompanied with a family member who is resident in Spain you can enter Spain on a tourism basis im guessing with a negative pcr test 24 hours before.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

We are reading a similar statement on the sanidad.gob website but it says, Persons traveling for duly accredited imperative family reasons.

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profes.../nCov/spth.htm

Basically I just want a straight answer. Can my niece who is 24 years old and isn’t vaccinated enter Spain with my father (her grandfather) who is resident in Spain if she is accompanied by him whilst travelling to Spain ?

Thanks

Old Mar 2nd 2022, 3:20 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

I travelled to Spain a couple of week ago from the UK and make sure you have done your passenger locator form and your vaccinations status or exemption as applicable are in good order.

They are doing a 100% screen of everyone arriving at Spanish airports form and your passenger locator form will be scanned.

UK might have relaxed everything so life now (appears) to have returned to normal but Spain is a completely different story where Covid is still taken seriously.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

Yes locator forms etc isn’t a problem we can do everything correct as we all travel often but the exemption part is confusing us…

My niece wants to come back to Spain with my father she’s not vaccinated but she’s immediate family and he is resident so we just want to know if she’s exempt 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
Can anybody shed a bit of light on this issue for me ? We are reading on gov.uk in the part that says if you’re not fully vaccinated that if you are accompanied with a family member who is resident in Spain you can enter Spain on a tourism basis im guessing with a negative pcr test 24 hours before.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

We are reading a similar statement on the sanidad.gob website but it says, Persons traveling for duly accredited imperative family reasons.

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profes.../nCov/spth.htm

Basically I just want a straight answer. Can my niece who is 24 years old and isn’t vaccinated enter Spain with my father (her grandfather) who is resident in Spain if she is accompanied by him whilst travelling to Spain ?

Thanks
Firstly … I’ve just been in and out of Spain the last few days and can echo the comments above that everything was checked 100% at Madrid when we arrived.

That said my interpretation of the published rules is that your niece could enter with the appropriate testing and certification if she is accompanying a Spanish resident. However it’s not me that will be checking so I would fully satisfy yourself that the circumstances genuinely fit the rules and all documentation is correct.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKMS
Firstly … I’ve just been in and out of Spain the last few days and can echo the comments above that everything was checked 100% at Madrid when we arrived.

That said my interpretation of the published rules is that your niece could enter with the appropriate testing and certification if she is accompanying a Spanish resident. However it’s not me that will be checking so I would fully satisfy yourself that the circumstances genuinely fit the rules and all documentation is correct.
Yes thanks. I think she is just going to try and fly with my father and complete the passenger locator form and take a test.

Worst case scenario they say no, she flys back home. Not the end of the world.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thanks. I think she is just going to try and fly with my father and complete the passenger locator form and take a test.

Worst case scenario they say no, she flys back home. Not the end of the world.
Im sure if it’s genuine it will be fine ….. that said if they see it as simply someone trying to swerve the rules then it could be a rapid return.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 5:45 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Ignorantia juris non excusat translates to ignorance of the law excuses not.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Ignorantia juris non excusat translates to ignorance of the law excuses not.
what you mean ?
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 7:03 pm
Banned

what you mean ?
Self-explanatory!
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

The sooner they get rid of these restrictions the better. Spain can’t afford another bleak holiday season. Inflation is absolutely through the roofs. The state of the economy and the debt in both UK and Spain is scary.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:24 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It says duly accredited, e.g. a doctor's letter saying he must be accompanied when travelling.

Ask the consulate if it requires the Hague Apostile attached and/or an offical translation.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:24 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
The sooner they etc...
Another thread you'd like to derail?
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Another thread you'd like to derail?
not derailing when I’m talking about the entry rules into Spain. The title of the thread.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:28 pm
Banned

The sooner they get rid of these restrictions the better. Spain can’t afford another bleak holiday season. Inflation is absolutely through the roofs. The state of the economy and the debt in both UK and Spain is scary.
Sorry but I am quite happy with the restriction they have in Spain!

The thing about Spain is they are being consistent about the way they are managing Covid.

The way it is being managed in the UK beyond a joke at this stage!

The bring in compulsory vaccination for care and health staff and then do a u-turn and say it is no longer needed!

I have no issue about masks on transport in public buildings and shops etc.

Best keep the unvaccinated masses out of Spain, as far as I am concerned.
Old Mar 2nd 2022, 8:31 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

not derailing when I’m talking about the entry rules into Spain. The title of the thread.
No, we're talking about this particular case. If someone wants to see a pointless 4-page thread with the same arguments we've all heard before it's locked they can look elsewhere, there's plenty of examples thanks to your efforts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.