Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

Old Mar 3rd 2022, 8:42 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry rules into Spain - COVID-19

Originally Posted by Barriej
I would still rather sit next to a tested unvaccinated person on train etc than some knob waving a bit of paper saying "Im protected".. Cause you aint...
No, the point is to remove unvaccinated people from areas where there's the highest chance of catching it, not that vaccinated people are protected.

Also, by the way, the niece won't be able to board without a FCS because the airlines check for them when boarding, and you (ordinarily) have to provide a vaccination certificate to get a FCS, unless you were to get special permission with e.g. a doctor's letter.
Old Mar 3rd 2022, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

"...vaccine passports on the other hand just don’t hold any substance what so ever, the virus still spreads from one man to the next, a vaccinated person can pass the virus to a none vaccinated person and vice versa.."

Research has found that if you are vaccinated yes, you can become infected and you can be contagious - but - a) the effect on yourself is lessened, thus not killing you or meaning you take up valuable resources in medical establishments to recover, or die, and b) you are contagious for a lesser period of time than being unvaccinated, thus being unvaccinated means you are more of a risk to others.

"People who are vaccinated for SARS-CoV-2 but get breakthrough infections may be less likely to spread the virus because they shed it for a shorter period than unvaccinated people who are infected, according a new study led by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health."
"Prior to this study, some researchers speculated that vaccinated individuals produce similar amounts of virus as unvaccinated individuals, and that viral production may be similar across SARS-CoV-2 variants, including the Delta variant, but little data existed to support these hypotheses."

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...blic%20Health.

Old Mar 4th 2022, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
Just wait until the government lifts the restrictions on unvaccinated people. I had covid at Christmas after I had been double jabbed. I got jabbed so I could travel. However this month they will want me to have yet Another jab so I can enter. Im not sure I’m going to bother with a booster.
I bit my tongue but I'll tell you anyway in case anyone else un-boosted thinks they can't visit Spain. No, you're wrong. You're welcome to come over to Spain and see what the place is like with your double jab certificate, Blue Peter badges are optional. You don't have an EU certificate as you are a UK resident who was vaccinated in the UK. The UK is a 3rd country therefore you need a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19, not a booster jab. The sentence I believe you are confusing yourself with is this one:
  • Thereafter, in order to be valid, the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid since the day the booster dose was administered.
This refers to EU Digital certificates ONLY and is preceded by this sentence:
NOTICE: Since 1 February, some EU Covid Digital Certificates of Vaccination must be reissued, following the administration of a booster dose. Please contact your issuing organisation and check its validity before travelling.
Of course there's no need to contact your issuing organisation as it's not in the EU.
Old Mar 4th 2022, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
I bit my tongue but I'll tell you anyway in case anyone else un-boosted thinks they can't visit Spain. No, you're wrong. You're welcome to come over to Spain and see what the place is like with your double jab certificate, Blue Peter badges are optional. You don't have an EU certificate as you are a UK resident who was vaccinated in the UK. The UK is a 3rd country therefore you need a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19, not a booster jab. The sentence I believe you are confusing yourself with is this one:
  • Thereafter, in order to be valid, the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid since the day the booster dose was administered.
This refers to EU Digital certificates ONLY and is preceded by this sentence:
NOTICE: Since 1 February, some EU Covid Digital Certificates of Vaccination must be reissued, following the administration of a booster dose. Please contact your issuing organisation and check its validity before travelling.
Of course there's no need to contact your issuing organisation as it's not in the EU.
I’ve just looked at my nhs app. The barcode is still valid until next month so I don’t even need a booster vaccine by the looks of it. I’m sure last time I looked it said it expired in March but the barcode must have updated its self.
Old Mar 5th 2022, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Naaaa, if you're not vaccinated then you should be isolated and ostracized, period.

I thought it was brilliant when that tennis star Novak Djokovic was booted out of Australia!

I hope Spain keeps all the Covid entry restrictions for bug carrying foreigners in place.

Wow
Old Mar 5th 2022, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

TicTac111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm now a little bit confused.com but fine I want to go on holidays to Spain next week, have my Covid certificate and will do the FCS earliest 48 hours before departure. Is the FCS the passenger location form or have I missed a form to fill out? Thought I need only certificate and FCS.
Old Mar 5th 2022, 7:25 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TicTac111
Hi,

I'm now a little bit confused.com but fine I want to go on holidays to Spain next week, have my Covid certificate and will do the FCS earliest 48 hours before departure. Is the FCS the passenger location form or have I missed a form to fill out? Thought I need only certificate and FCS.
The FCS is the passenger location form and you can usually only generate one if you upload a vaccination certificate when filling in your details. You should still take the vaccination certificate with you though.
Old Mar 9th 2022, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

TicTac111 is an unknown quantity at this point

DLC > Thank you so much, didn't know that I've to upload the certificate, but I've one so no problem. My problem are always my nerves filling out such forms, so fingers crossed everything will be fine. Thank you once again
Old Mar 11th 2022, 9:51 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TicTac111
DLC > Thank you so much, didn't know that I've to upload the certificate, but I've one so no problem. My problem are always my nerves filling out such forms, so fingers crossed everything will be fine. Thank you once again

They now seem to have some forms you can fill in at the airports when you arrive in Spain. I did my passenger locator form online so didn't take any notice of the forms. Not sure if any one else has actually looked at these forms?