Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Butchers

English Butchers

Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:51 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: English Butchers

Originally Posted by paulio

whats wrong with spanish meat!!!!!!!!
Assume you mean the kind you get at the butchers and not on the beach ???
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Steve Litchfield is an unknown quantity at this point

My name is Steve Litchfield and I am the butcher that is opening a shop in Chiclana. I just wanted to put a few facts straight.

My shop is finally opening on 11 April 2007 after nearly a years worth of working with the local authorities to obtain all the relevant licences and permissions that are required. Both the shop and myself have had to pass stringent food health & hygiene examinations in order to obtain my opening licence.

All of the meat that I sell will be sourced from Spain, and I have gone to great lengths to ensure that I only provide the best products, e.g. Lamb from Grasalema, beef from Extremadura. None of my products are imported from the UK. I make all the sausages and cure my own bacon on the premises using Spanish meat.

I have been a butcher in the UK for over 20 years, and am committed to providing a quality product and service here in Chiclana for those who want it. I appreciate that some ex pats want to fully immerse themselves in the Spanish food culture and aren't interested in my services, but I am here for those who miss their home comforts and familiar cuts of meat.

The shop will also be stocking all of the familiar Spanish produced products e.g. chicharrones, chorizo, butifarra etc as I am hoping to attract Spanish customers too - in fact some have already taken a liking to English sausages.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have supported and encouraged me in opening the shop, and I look forward to seeing you in there soon.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:28 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steve Litchfield
My name is Steve Litchfield and I am the butcher that is opening a shop in Chiclana. I just wanted to put a few facts straight.

My shop is finally opening on 11 April 2007 after nearly a years worth of working with the local authorities to obtain all the relevant licences and permissions that are required. Both the shop and myself have had to pass stringent food health & hygiene examinations in order to obtain my opening licence.

All of the meat that I sell will be sourced from Spain, and I have gone to great lengths to ensure that I only provide the best products, e.g. Lamb from Grasalema, beef from Extremadura. None of my products are imported from the UK. I make all the sausages and cure my own bacon on the premises using Spanish meat.

I have been a butcher in the UK for over 20 years, and am committed to providing a quality product and service here in Chiclana for those who want it. I appreciate that some ex pats want to fully immerse themselves in the Spanish food culture and aren't interested in my services, but I am here for those who miss their home comforts and familiar cuts of meat.

The shop will also be stocking all of the familiar Spanish produced products e.g. chicharrones, chorizo, butifarra etc as I am hoping to attract Spanish customers too - in fact some have already taken a liking to English sausages.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have supported and encouraged me in opening the shop, and I look forward to seeing you in there soon.
Where are you going to be I know where Macdonalds is and I would bring a few ladys with me to buy your products we miss british bacon and sausages. Also Pork pies LOL
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:48 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck in the opening of your shop, I hope it all goes well for you.

Regards Sam
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but there is a no advertising policy on the forum, so deleted your other post.
Although this one is almost advertising I will leave it as you are putting the record straight as you put it. jdr
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:19 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Steve

Glad to hear your opening day will soon be upon us, I for one will be in to see what you have to offer, my belief is good meat is always inproved by the way it is cut, OH and I look forward to experiencing that from you.

Good luck, will catch up with you on the 11th, if I remember that is, head like a sieve.
Crispy
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:52 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Steve try posting on my cadiz biz,its read by more people in your area,good luck.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Post a reminder when opened as like crispygirl cannot remember anything. Will you have ham on the bone?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:17 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Where are you going to be I know where Macdonalds is and I would bring a few ladys with me to buy your products we miss british bacon and sausages. Also Pork pies LOL
Hi gallerie9

If you are coming from the Blue Bridge and have McDonalds on your left go up to the Marquesado roundabout (known locally by the ex-pats as the McDonalds roundabout) and go straight on. That's the carretera El Marquesado. There is a parade of shops on the right and the Butchers is there, clearly signed above the door.

JJ