Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Butchers

English Butchers

Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice
Default Re: English Butchers

We got our turkey from the soon to open new English Butcher (Chiclana)- rolled, boned, stuffed etc - absolutely delicious along with a dry cured ham - divine. His sausages and gammon steaks are fabulous - I'll still buy my meat from Spanish sources but there are some things that only an English butcher can provide!

Why be so anti- Brit anyway? This is a young man who has struggled with the Spanish system for well over a year in order to be fully legal and pursue his dream....I say good luck to him, I hope his business flourishes in spite of the mealy-mouthed attitude of some of his fellow nationals!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear about the dry cured ham and gammon. Will give him a whirl when he opens.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:15 am
Just Joined

mattmay2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i was wondering if anybody knows of any english butchers looking for a butcher any area of spain if possible if you do please contact me. thanks matt

Last edited by jdr; Dec 29th 2006 at 10:29 am. Reason: removed email address to stop you getting spammed, people can contact you by clicking your user name.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:04 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by culchie
We got our turkey from the soon to open new English Butcher (Chiclana)- rolled, boned, stuffed etc - absolutely delicious along with a dry cured ham - divine. His sausages and gammon steaks are fabulous - I'll still buy my meat from Spanish sources but there are some things that only an English butcher can provide!

Why be so anti- Brit anyway? This is a young man who has struggled with the Spanish system for well over a year in order to be fully legal and pursue his dream....I say good luck to him, I hope his business flourishes in spite of the mealy-mouthed attitude of some of his fellow nationals!
Good on you culchie. I shall be visiting his shop as soon as he opens. Does anyone have an idea as to when that will be?

JJ
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want an English butchers, move to ENGLAND there are loads there.
in case you did not realise you live in SPAIN
the same goes for english newspapers,
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

I too had my turkey from him and it was delicious, he should be officially opening in February. I look forward to continuing to be one of his customers.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Clive C is an unknown quantity at this point

So he is not officially open! What is the origin of the meat that he is butchering? Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, English or Spanish. Somebody selling meat with no licence....well dodgy.

I wonder if he is contributing with his social and income taxes. Ho Hum
Old Dec 30th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
Why is it necessary to be so dogmatic. If someone wants to buy an English newspaper or visit an English butchers, that is their business. I actually buy and read English books too. What a crime, and along with thousands of others I have Sky. That doesn´t mean that you don´t want to mix with your Spanish neighbours and learn Spanish. The same applies in reverse to my neighbour´s son who lives in England and works for Easy Jet and who is sent our local Cadiz newspaper by his mother. So perhaps I should tell him that if he wants a Spanish newspaper he should move back to Spain!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
T

No excuses now for not making good old fashioned Liver and Onions!!

Yuk
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:35 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by glynis
Why is it necessary to be so dogmatic. If someone wants to buy an English newspaper or visit an English butchers, that is their business. I actually buy and read English books too. What a crime, and along with thousands of others I have Sky. That doesn´t mean that you don´t want to mix with your Spanish neighbours and learn Spanish. The same applies in reverse to my neighbour´s son who lives in England and works for Easy Jet and who is sent our local Cadiz newspaper by his mother. So perhaps I should tell him that if he wants a Spanish newspaper he should move back to Spain!
Oh Glynis, thank you so much for that, my thoughts exactly. Other Half and I love Spain and we nearly always buy from the market in Chiclana and I can't remember the last time I bought a newspaper but when asked by family what shall we bring I always ask for a book, magazine and a NEWSPAPER...The same as we watch the UK news as well as the Spanish news, the reason for this is we want to know what is going on in the world and our Spanish is not good enough to understand everything that is said.

As for meat well for 4 years now I have been in search for a decent steak, one that sends pleasure to my tastebuds and the only time I come any where near to achieving this is when......WAIT FOR IT.......on the rare occasions I go to Gib and Oh No dare I say it "gotomorrisons" (said it quick so hopefully not all of you will get it). It's not a case of wanting to stay British but certanly in my case it is because I want value for money and as of yet I have not found that with a Spanish steak, on the other hand casserole and minced beef (freshly minced at the market) pork, liver, kidneys, chicken licking and even lamb are all yummy yum, also all the differnt sauagase you can get yum yum but I do occasionally really enjoy a good pork sausage and I will buy that from anywhere that sells them be it Spainish, English,German, French you name it shop.

How many of the people who only buy in Spanish shops, Spanish products then go home and cook a good old fashion British meal with the ingredients, I DO, but I also cook good wholesome Andalucian meals along with Indian, Italian, Greek, Tex Mex Chiense and the reason for this is BECAUSE I CAN -need I say more.

Can't find the spell check so will have to post with errors, sorry!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:06 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Us to hear hear
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Tofik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulio

whats wrong with spanish meat!!!!!!!!
The problem with spanish beef from the supermarket is that it shrinks down to half the seize and the pan looks like you are cooking a soup - on top of it you get a cramp in your jaw eating it !! So go on English Butcher, open your shop, hey, and who says an English Butcher won´t sell good local products, like the old Butifarra or Morcillla ( black pudding ). By the way, I have heard rumours that the shop will be open by the end of the month !
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Tofik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
Posts in English only , rule 14, thanks jdr
Bored ???

Last edited by jdr; Mar 8th 2007 at 4:21 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tofik
The problem with spanish beef from the supermarket is that it shrinks down to half the seize and the pan looks like you are cooking a soup - on top of it you get a cramp in your jaw eating it !! So go on English Butcher, open your shop, hey, and who says an English Butcher won´t sell good local products, like the old Butifarra or Morcillla ( black pudding ). By the way, I have heard rumours that the shop will be open by the end of the month !
Yes off to Gib tomorrow for a leg of lamb and a nice bit of topside. Had some lamb steaks last night from the Spanish butchers and they were disgusting. Love the pork, chicken and seafood though.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:45 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Yes off to Gib tomorrow for a leg of lamb and a nice bit of topside. Had some lamb steaks last night from the Spanish butchers and they were disgusting. Love the pork, chicken and seafood though.
You can get topside and fillet of beef from Scotland,and New Zealand lamb chops in Macro in El puerto de santa maria,might save you a bit of a trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.