Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electrician wanting to work in Spain??

Electrician wanting to work in Spain??

Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:02 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician wanting to work in Spain??

Originally Posted by wedgehed
[COLOR="Red"]So you are calling me a liar,[/COLOR]
You may think 6 years is a long time so do I but that’s how long it took, it does not matter the fact I am an EU citizen as the trade of electrician is regulated in Spain whereas in the UK it is not.

The second income helped as I have a family to support however it means that I work long hours 7 days a week, it’s not a case of having the luxury of a second income it’s about working hard to earn a living.

For a good tradesman it is still possible to earn a living here.
IF YOU READ MY POST PROPERLY YOU WOULD SEE THAT I DID NOT CALL YOU A LIAR.

I SAID THAT I HAVE KNOWN PEOPLE FROM S.AM WHO TOOK A LONG TIME TO SOR OUT PAPERS, BUT NOT SIX YEARS, THAT WAS ALL THAT I SAID.

I DID NOT SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER KNOWN ANYONE TAKE SO LONG IN SORTING PAPERS OUT SO YOU MUST BE LIAR, DID 1?

SO NEXT TIME WIND YOUR NECK IN, BEFORE POUNCING.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:26 am
Just Joined

wedgehed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLFS
I know what you are saying, but for a UK qualified electrician to become homologadifacted, seems a ridiculous amount of time to me.

Starting to be a sparks from scratch does not even take that long to do, 6 YEARS, NO WAY.

I have known some S.Ams who have taken a long time to get their paper work sorted due to them not being in the EU, but nowhere near six years even for doctors and dentists.
i think if you read your post again,

you will notice i stated that it took me 6 years to get registered and you stated "6 years no way".

besides that i only commented on the thread because i have experience that could help tglass, and not for an argument.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wedgehed
i think if you read your post again,

you will notice i stated that it took me 6 years to get registered and you stated "6 years no way".

besides that i only commented on the thread because i have experience that could help tglass, and not for an argument.
I meant to ask this question a couple of days ago but forgot.

Would it be possible for you to give tglass an idea of some of the "hoops" that you have had to jump through in order to become qualified in the Spanish system. Especially anything that is majorly different from qualifying in UK.

Rosemary