Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

el puerto deportivo marina esuri

Wikiposts

el puerto deportivo marina esuri

Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: el puerto deportivo marina esuri

Originally Posted by finca steve
Fred you are correct. They do show the marina in the area south of the bridge which does not tie up with everything that has been suggested before.
Actually it makes a lot of sense as there is not very much there and would mean the fish farm would not be disturbed.
I should have looked more closely at the diagram! Apologies.

I don't think a marina in that location will help CE to any extent.
Also if the project attracts housing development it will be bad for CE
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

finca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I don't think a marina in that location will help CE to any extent.
Also if the project attracts housing development it will be bad for CE
Quite right but as others have said it is probably a while away so lots of time to change minds/correct planning mistakes etc.

I would like the marina to go ahead from a buisness perspective so I am all for it wherever it goes.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
SNIPPED

As if the hotels will reopen because the volleybalclub from Kazachstan capital are playing Ayamontinos United.
Your advice is normally spot but on this occasion your info appears wrong.

I have just come back from lunching with a close contact of the Alcalde who informed me that they expect all the Hotels to reopen and the Airport and Marina to be constructed once they have concluded the deal for the Turkmenistan National Rugby Union team to play Ayamontinos United!

It is of course subject to EU funding.

Best

Loco

PS Turkmenistan has been playing Rugby Union since 1908. I have no clue how long Ayamontinos United have been playing football but it will certainly make for an interesting game !
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

finca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loco
Your advice is normally spot but on this occasion your info appears wrong.

I have just come back from lunching with a close contact of the Alcalde who informed me that they expect all the Hotels to reopen and the Airport and Marina to be constructed once they have concluded the deal for the Turkmenistan National Rugby Union team to play Ayamontinos United!

It is of course subject to EU funding.

Best

Loco

PS Turkmenistan has been playing Rugby Union since 1908. I have no clue how long Ayamontinos United have been playing football but it will certainly make for an interesting game !
I heard the Kyrgs and Usbeks were playing the first away game in Ayamonte. That would cause a mass exodus!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Carol from a HOT CE! It got to 52 in the direct sunlight yesterday on our terrace! But the Ocean is lovely and warm for swimming. And even though England are out - to watch Spain play in a Spanish bar - is fantastic. I came here with Spain, Portugal and England shirts and my long-suffering wife has put up with my footy mania! She even got me a new Espana shirt as a gift. What a star!

As usual you are full of information - fantastic!! All this sounds very intresting - though I dont see how this could be built for the 40m budget. Also where is the money coming from? I suppose with 35% unemployment in Ayamonte, they can source goverment regeneration funds for the employment it will create.

I still am sceptical that it will be done, but of course I would LOVE to see it and the Camino Rural you told us about. But all this is very encouraging...

'Gettin' better all the time!'

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon,

Glad to hear that your holiday is going well.

Ah, so Holland have just scored a goal against Uruguay... Are you wearing a blue or an orange shirt tonight? The market must be doing a good trade on footie tops!

I haven't a clue where the money comes from to fund all these plans! Perhaps Spain will do a deal with Portugal to dredge the mouth of the Guadiana river? ¿Quién sabe? Who knows? Edit: Read the article again and it says it is a joint project?

Re: Fred's (and Steve's) question about the plan. I too was surprised to see the marina south of the bridge (especially as the plan indicates Ayamonte to the north.) If you read the comments below the article you'll find we are not the only ones to feel confused.

Perhaps it's a photo that needs to be flipped and then turned over? If you look at the Portuguese coastline, however, it appears to be correct.

Anyhow, the article reports about the arroyo Pedraza which, if I recall correctly, flows underneath the new Costa Esuri bridge and out towards the river via the marismas - next to the present day fish farm. This photo/plan appears to locate the marina and other structures (a "newer but smaller" fish farm and dry dock) in the marismas directly below the hill on top of which sits the parador. I am confused about these two marismas.

Marina Esuri doesn't have anything to do with Costa Esuri according to this plan. Or does it? The article mentions Costa Esuri as a complejo turístico with spa and sporting facilites. Surely it refers to the partially built hotel and/or the commercial centre?

Carol

P.S. Loco and Jur, huy! Post your voleibol y rugby comments in the sala de deportes.
P.P.S. Oh dear, I guess that includes other sporting comments. 1:3Guilty!

Last edited by Carol&John; Jul 6th 2010 at 8:02 am. Reason: Holland scored another 2 goals.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 8:11 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Carol from a HOT CE! It got to 52 in the direct sunlight yesterday on our terrace!
NB... there is no point whatever in measuring temperature in direct sunlight. It always gives a false reading
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Get the Vodka in!

I heard the Kyrgs and Usbeks were playing the first away game in Ayamonte. That would cause a mass exodus!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: el puerto deportivo marina esuri

I think you will see the motorway on the lower right hand corner of the plan. If the picture is correctly orientated this would make the marina to the north.
Hola Steve long time no speak. Yes I have blown the picture up as big as I can and you are right the motorway starts upper right and sweeps down to the bottom about the centre of the picture. At top right you can see the beginnings of the slip roads from the r/about up to the motorway and if you project the top road back to the junction it makes sense. This ties in with the plan you posted about 2005 which is somewhere on my hard drive but not found it yet.

The various articles also mention the involvement of Acunova (the fish farm company) which is signed to the left as you crest the hill into CE. If I remember correctly they had sold about 2/3 of their farm to form the marina and this made it possible since they already have a commercial use in the protected marisma!

The bridge at the top of the plan is the viaduct into Esuri wrongly named on the plan Puente International but hey this is Spain and a news paper to boot.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
The bridge at the top of the plan is the viaduct into Esuri wrongly named on the plan Puente International but hey this is Spain and a news paper to boot.
Sorry John & Kath

The bridge at the top goes to a place named Portugal which last time I looked was not in CE

I would imagine this is an artists impression with a lot of emphasis on piss
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Sorry John & Kath

The bridge at the top goes to a place named Portugal which last time I looked was not in CE

Us white haired wrinklies don't need this sort of help to become confused. We can do it by ourselves!

We shall just have to wait and see. Or maybe just wait and wait and wait.......

Hi John and Kath good to hear from you. Hope all is well in your baronial hall.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry John & Kath

Yes I am sure it is an artists impression and the artist has wrongly named the Sea and Sun development Portugal.

If you save the picture and then load it and rotate it through 90* clockwise it all begins to make sense. As artists impressions always do they show the Ayamonte Power Station as a grey smudge at the center top of the drawing surrounded bya forest and car parking but I am certain it is right on top of the fish farm to the north of the international bridge.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

I only hope who has drawn the plane does not take proyect!!. It seems the varaderos (slipway) are in the church of Ayamonte (San Francisco).
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes I am sure it is an artists impression and the artist has wrongly named the Sea and Sun development Portugal.

If you save the picture and then load it and rotate it through 90* clockwise it all begins to make sense. As artists impressions always do they show the Ayamonte Power Station as a grey smudge at the center top of the drawing surrounded bya forest and car parking but I am certain it is right on top of the fish farm to the north of the international bridge.
Hi J & K
You are a lot closer than me and I would imagine more familiar with the area.
I have only driven into CE once and visited the area of the fish farm 2 or 3 times.
I have spent much more time on the land to the south of the bridge in both countries as it is ok for twitching.
As Steve says " We shall just have to wait and see. Or maybe just wait and wait and wait......."

I have tried the rotation, but the water is very wide when compared with what I can see on Google Earth.

Time may tell if it ever happens.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
I only hope who has drawn the plane does not take proyect!!. It seems the varaderos (slipway) are in the church of Ayamonte (San Francisco).
But that is well out of the water, the boats will be lovely and dry to have their bottoms painted
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi J & K
You are a lot closer than me and I would imagine more familiar with the area.
I have only driven into CE once and visited the area of the fish farm 2 or 3 times.
I have spent much more time on the land to the south of the bridge in both countries as it is ok for twitching.
As Steve says " We shall just have to wait and see. Or maybe just wait and wait and wait......."

I have tried the rotation, but the water is very wide when compared with what I can see on Google Earth.

Time may tell if it ever happens.
Your right the river is normally only about 4m wide at best but this last winter saw the whole expanse of the marisma under water the viaduct columns all stood in water and you could not differentiate the fish farm from anything else so the area of the Marina and the berths would require excavation and bunding to float the boats at any state of the tide!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.