Ebay warning

Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ebay warning

Yes, seconded (thirded?)

I use Mailwasher Pro and it is very effective. You can program it to either delete the spam before you even see it or to leave it visible but ticked ready for deletion if you want to check first.

http://www.mailwasher.net/download/?q=download

The free version will only do one email address but the Mailwasher Pro will handle as many as you want.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:31 pm
Fiona Flores Watson

fififlores is an unknown quantity at this point

I got one of those from PayPal, asking to confirm i'd changed my address to somethign in Denver, Colorado. when i logged in, my details were all the same as they should have been. beware!
Old May 5th 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

catman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
I get at least two or three of those every week. If you get another one forward the whole email to [email protected] to report it.
if you do ever get anything like this from anywhere just go direct to your account not via there forms or any other means but direct from the orignal webpage and just check it out. if there is nothing wrong then spoof it like sue said.
Old May 6th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

You can also check the properties of the email and it will be plain to see who has sent it. Also when you put the mouse over the link in the email (not clicking it), it will give you the www. address you are going to be redirected to and you will see again it will clearly not be ebay etc