Ebay warning

Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ebay warning

Im sure this has been discussed before but this morning I got this email from "ebay"

Dear eBay member,

We at eBay are sorry to inform you that we are having problems with
the billing information of your account. We would appreciate it if you
would visit our eBay Billing Center and fill out the proper
information that we are needing to keep you as an eBay member.
If you don't comply until the 21th April 2007, your eBay membership may be suspended, or even deleted.

Click here to complete our web form.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you
information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy
Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Copyright © 1995-2007 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

This is a fake email, I fell for this once before

BEWARE
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ebay warning

Originally Posted by spain
Im sure this has been discussed before but this morning I got this email from "ebay"

Dear eBay member,

If you don't comply until the 21th April 2007, your eBay membership may be suspended, or even deleted.

Thank you!

BEWARE
Thanks

Warning heeded.

Rosemary
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Dear eBay member,

Thank you!

BEWARE
Title of email was Your eBay Account Could be Suspended

and their email address is shown as [email protected]

When I contacted ebay about this before they said they will only ever email using your ebay member name - NEVER "dear member" or anything similar
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the warning, I believe there was something about this on Watchdog or a program like that a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get one of those every other day when I was more active on ebay. Only act if the message is in your "my messages " section on either ebay or paypal. Otherwise ignore
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt there also a section on ebay that checks these e-mails if you submit them?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

There is lots of good information on email scams here:

http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

It’s not just eBay, it’s rife in all areas. Definitely mistrust any email asking for personal information of any kind. They do it for banks, building societies, and normal businesses. There’s no reason nowadays why they should ‘lose’ information and have to ask you to confirm it. The fake websites they set up will look exactly like the genuine ones. Don’t respond and don’t enter any data.

If by any chance they are genuine they will come back to you for sure, hopefully in a more believable manner.

I had a phone call recently from a nice sounding lady who wanted my wife’s NI number, and a few other bits of information. I refused to give her any of the info she wanted and she got quite uppity about it. Turned out to be genuine, as she then wrote to me. It was the Inland Revenue of all people. In these days of ID theft and information theft they should know better.

Don’t tell anybody anything unless you 100% know it’s genuine.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

E-Bay like things like this to be reported to them, as if it is not reported they the real E-Bay cannot do anything to follow it up and get it stopped.

Amazon have also reported that they are having a similar problem, and what happens with them is that whoever the intruder is places another false screen cover over the real Amazon page and takes your details so beware .........it was reported in some of last week's Spanish daily papers

All of these scam artists should be reported back to the real legit companies
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Dear eBay member,

Thank you!

BEWARE

Must have had this e mail at least 20 times in the past, however I know that no genuine e mail from e bay would have a link to the site, they would tell you to log in. That's the way to detect genuine from false ones.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:14 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Dear eBay member,

Thank you!

BEWARE
I get at least two or three of those every week. If you get another one forward the whole email to [email protected] to report it.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit like the 'Congratulations you are the 999,999th visitor and have won a prize', which still appears on this site occasionally. Seen that on many sites and it's also a scam.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I don't ever see that now.

Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

nikvin is an unknown quantity at this point

we get loads of these spam/con messages regularly, banks, ebay, etc etc...

we use Mailwasher to check them first befdore bringing the mail into the pc. interestingly the vast majority display as some total nonsense in the mailwashing program, yet if allowed in to the pc mail account, they look somewhat genuine. occasionally some display well in both options, but as no
legitimate organisation would ask for personal details over email in the way that they do, we just bin them.

also I've just noticed that Cajamar , and presumably other banks offer an "E-shopping card" for internet purchases. No physical card to lose /have stolen, just some numbers, etc, and it has to be prepaid, so only need to put on it what you are about to spend. No chance of a dodgy site etc, getting hold of your credit card details, and running up a HUGE deficit. worth investigating if one makes loads of inetrnet purchases
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

I can heartily endorse Mailwasher as a useful email filter. Firstly it zaps a lot of spam, and secondly, it allows a view of each email before running your email programme, thus you can delete emails easily even from known sources that you don’t want on that particular occasion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.