Dying

Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dying

Originally Posted by jdr
Dont forget the inheretance tax........
Best to give over the allowance away 7 years before you die ?¿?¿?
Blow you cash when you have it!!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j0197
Im not too sure about where to be buried...was I suppose to sort that out with the wills?
Hi jo197,

Yes! If you want to have any influence over the disposal of your remains.

Regards,

John.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant decide either way, so I think burial at sea is a good compromise. I have written to seafrance (as they are cheap) to see if I can be lobbed off the bows in the middle of the channel and then everyone can go for a meal in the seafarers restaurant.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
that is a great idea, i have never heard of a company turning you in to gems.
That would be a great gift for the children.
I dont like the idea of being cremated never have done since my grans funeral and being scattered. I think maybe because i was very young and i was scared stiff. but the gem idea is great
You can now have your ashes turned into Diamonds.
I should imagine it is quite costly though?
My partner is a Gilder (Laying of Gold Leaf) he Gilds Funeral Urns for humans and pets for people who want to have a Keepsake.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 3:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
Me personally would like my body to be flown back to the uk. and to be buried with my grandfather and my Nan.

Hubby and i discussed this last night and have decided if any of us was to die we would come back home anyway.

I know this subject is a little morbid but as my parents bought it up (jolly them) it got us thinking.

Also we have talked about the children if any accidents were to occur with them and what we would do.

We are going to make wills in english and spanish, as we have been told the english wills out there are not worth a great deal.

Apparently if you only have an English will it may not be adhered to, and your estate decided in Spanish law. We made wills here soon after we arrived, no expensive, and we at least know that our wishes will be met.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 4:25 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Apparently if you only have an English will it may not be adhered to, and your estate decided in Spanish law. We made wills here soon after we arrived, no expensive, and we at least know that our wishes will be met.
can you word them the same as an english will, but i am unsure how to word it.
we want each other to have it all untill we are both gone and then the kids have it then ?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by gallerie9
we want each other to have it all untill we are both gone and then the kids have it then ?
That's a good question and one that I have on my list to research when I get some more time.

I suspect that it depends on whether Spanish or UK law applies to you on your demise, which probably depends on where you are considered to be resident at the time.

Then again it may be that it depends on your citizenship, irrespective of where you are resident, so long as you have both an English and Spanish will (that tally with each other so that the will is recognised in both countries).

If you fall under Spanish law, I believe that you will find that your children must inherit a minimum proportion of your estate, by law, upon your demise. i.e. Your surviving spouse cannot inherit all the estate.

There are also the much higher levels of inheritance tax that one has to pay under Spanish law and the less favourable surviving spouse inheritance conditions - if I'm not mistaken (which I may well be, as I have yet to research the subject properly).

I'm assuming that if you are resident in Spain (irrespective of whether your will will operate on the basis of English law where your spouse can inherit all) then your Spanish assets fall due to Spanish taxation regardless.

Hopefully, someone out there can educate us both

Last edited by Unexpat; Dec 16th 2006 at 6:20 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I cant decide either way, so I think burial at sea is a good compromise. I have written to seafrance (as they are cheap) to see if I can be lobbed off the bows in the middle of the channel and then everyone can go for a meal in the seafarers restaurant.
ER,....They ( ashes ), need to thrown off the STERN Mitzyboy. ( thats the back of the vessel ), otherwise they will get all over the people down wind ! ! ! :scared:
Old Dec 17th 2006, 1:17 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jonsol
ER,....They ( ashes ), need to thrown off the STERN Mitzyboy. ( thats the back of the vessel ), otherwise they will get all over the people down wind ! ! ! :scared:
Well depends on if you have a following wind Jonsol..the apparent wind caused by the vessels forward movement could be cancelled out by a stong following wind so that he ends up with the ashes all over the deck and everyone coughing and spluttering as they inhale and swallow Mitzyboy!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can word it exactly as you please, mine is worded exactly the same way as it was in the UK, think your wording is what would happen here anyway even if you didn't leave a will. We just wrote ours out as we wanted, it went to the lawyers and we went in a few days later to go throiugh it with them and sign it, a very painless experience. We were given a pro forma which showed just what we had to do, just filled the relevant bits in and that was that, but ours was done via our aftersales service.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol

Not with SeaFrance .... they're always going backwards
Old Dec 17th 2006, 4:17 pm
Concierge

What we all need to do is to go SKIing, that's 'Spending the Kids Inheritance'.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:41 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikelincs
What we all need to do is to go SKIing, that's 'Spending the Kids Inheritance'.
Well thats what my mum and dad are doing but when i said we are doing the same I got a lecture on children being entitled LOL
The words "do unto others" but it fell on deaf ears
But yes we will be doing the same
As she said to me well you dont need it lol
I said well neither will my kids when they are 50 plus LOL
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:59 pm
Senior Moment

Well thats what my mum and dad are doing but when i said we are doing the same I got a lecture on children being entitled LOL
The words "do unto others" but it fell on deaf ears
But yes we will be doing the same
As she said to me well you dont need it lol
I said well neither will my kids when they are 50 plus LOL
There can be a lot of pressure to leave your kids something can't there. Its almost expected, especially as it seems that every generation is a little bit better off than the previous. I think we'll spend the cash and leave the home!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:24 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
There can be a lot of pressure to leave your kids something can't there. Its almost expected, especially as it seems that every generation is a little bit better off than the previous. I think we'll spend the cash and leave the home!
Well my parents are spending the cash and leaving the home to our kids LOL
So i dont think there is any need for me to do either LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.