Dying

Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dying

If you was to die in Spain, where would you like to be buried uk or Spain?

Just something that has come up in conversation with my parents.

As they like to look at the bright side of life?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dying

This is a very upbeat thread!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
This is a very upbeat thread!
HI people have to think about, it is a very good subject for people who do not know what to do!!!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
HI people have to think about, it is a very good subject for people who do not know what to do!!!

I couldn't agree more - and not just for older people. Spanish law dictates that the deceased has to be buried/cremated within a very short time-frame (within 72 hours unless refrigeration is available). Here is a link to a relevant article written on another forum http://www.mycadiz.biz/funeral_expenses.htm It will give background information and point you to other links for your choice of "arrangements"
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

your postd make me laugh................you can be buried any where
as long as you pay!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by maryann
your postd make me laugh................you can be buried any where
as long as you pay!
I know you can be buried anywhere. I was thinking would people choose to be buried in spain or back in the uk
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would would not care and would leave it to my family to decide what is best for them, they are going to have to organise it, not me. This is a wierd question and has really made me think..........
.................................................. ......................dont know what to say to this one now.........hum........ what would you do?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:57 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Interesting thread Miss Naughty. Depends on whether you want your beloved ones to come and weep over your grave, or a little scribble in a book turned to the page once a year. Or even to sing a rousing chorus of 'So long, farewell, auf wiedershen, goodbye' as we did last time we went to visit my mothers grave..
You could of course be buried in an orchard of remembrance if they exist in Spain, and eventually reappear as a choice satsuma, possibly ending up on the shelves of a Tesco supermarket. Thus you could have both a Spanish and a British interment, especially when you as a pip finally come to rest as sewage slurry or even out to sea.
Somewhere to smell the Rioja and a whiff of puntillitas, some nice music and warm sun.. hell the way of dying is more important than what ever happens to my carcass after I have gone !!!

Last edited by poollounger; Dec 9th 2006 at 9:59 am. Reason: typos
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I guess if you live in Spain, money would need to be a consideration.

I've no idea how much it costs to fly a body back to the UK but I imagine it won't come cheap.

My travel insurance would cover this should I be unlucky enough to die whilst I'm in Spain on holiday but what happens if Spain is your country of residence and travel insurance is not involved?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by maryann
I personally would would not care and would leave it to my family to decide what is best for them, they are going to have to organise it, not me. This is a wierd question and has really made me think..........
.................................................. ......................dont know what to say to this one now.........hum........ what would you do?
Hi,
Me personally would like my body to be flown back to the uk. and to be buried with my grandfather and my Nan.

Hubby and i discussed this last night and have decided if any of us was to die we would come back home anyway.

I know this subject is a little morbid but as my parents bought it up (jolly them) it got us thinking.

Also we have talked about the children if any accidents were to occur with them and what we would do.

We are going to make wills in english and spanish, as we have been told the english wills out there are not worth a great deal.

Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dazzle

I've no idea how much it costs to fly a body back to the UK but I imagine it won't come cheap.

My travel insurance would cover this should I be unlucky enough to die whilst I'm in Spain on holiday but what happens if Spain is your country of residence and travel insurance is not involved?
I have thought of that as well and if insurance does not cover you, i am sure family will dig there hands in to their pockets (well they should do )
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
I have thought of that as well and if insurance does not cover you, i am sure family will dig there hands in to their pockets (well they should do )
That can cause problems. When my children were little and money was scarce, my father died and within two weeks my mother in law. My father left me 2000 GBP but as my mother in law was on social security and had no money my husband along with his brother and sister had to give money for the burial. My sister in law then wanted a marble head stone so basically all the money from my father went to the cost of burying my mother in law, and I did resent it as my sister in law was left her mother´s house. So unless your kids are well off you shouldn´t expect them to fork out what is actually quite a large sum now.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:05 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazzle

Dazzle I have no wish to die sometime soon, but I think it would be very lucky to drop dead on holiday rather than linger in some hospice or geriatric ward. I know it's different if you are accompanied by kids etc but I cannot imagine a better way to go. Friends in France had a mutual friend take a turn for the worse while over there, he had been fighting liver cancer for years. With no insurance an air ambulance was exorbitant. There is a road ambulance for situations like these, and they put him and wife on board and headed for England. If one dies within a certain distance of the tunnel then they can keep going, cannot remember what it is. Less than that and they have to turn back and stay in France. Fortunately he made England to pass away on his home soil.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glynis
That can cause problems. When my children were little and money was scarce, my father died and within two weeks my mother in law. My father left me 2000 GBP but as my mother in law was on social security and had no money my husband along with his brother and sister had to give money for the burial. My sister in law then wanted a marble head stone so basically all the money from my father went to the cost of burying my mother in law, and I did resent it as my sister in law was left her mother´s house. So unless your kids are well off you shouldn´t expect them to fork out what is actually quite a large sum now.
Hi,
This is if we die while our parents etc are still alive and financially they would be able to fly us home, later on in life we have not thought that far as yet.

However none of us know that we are not going to die tomorrow so all aspects have to be thought of.

Like i said once our parents die we dont know after that, if we are left anything by them then that will be put away for emergency's etc.

But death is not a nice subject but unfortunately it comes to us all at whatever age.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Of course if you don't want to be buried you could have your ashes scattered in Spain and UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.