Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

driving in flip flops

driving in flip flops

Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: driving in flip flops

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
I have a tiny problem, the last car I hired in Spain was a Berlingo and quite often as I was driving my foot covered both the accelerator pedal and the brake. The accelerator usually won as the pedals were poorly adjusted with the obvious result. Shoe off and I had full control.

My tiny problem - size 14 feet.

Jim
Both clutch pedals and brake pedals should be at the same height.
I know what you mean about the dual pedal touch though, I have size 13 feet.

However there are certain shoes I wear for driving, and the others I don't drive with WILL slightly touch two pedals if I try.
I have always found a resolve, not by removing my shoes though. If I had to drive a car without shoes because of a pedal foul I wouldn't drive it.

Not every car suits everyone I guess.
DSB.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Well there you go - You need to lobby the Government and ENSURE that driving without shoes on is totally legal then don't you ??

Hardly how much pressure in an emergency stop is used per inch on a brake pedal then ??
-
I can't understand people somewhat defending or excusing driving with no shoes on.
Next thing people will be saying 'well I made sure there were no stones in my footwell and it's real easy to use the brake pedal on my car'..'but for some reason my foot slipped off!'..

So feet don't sweat then ? What's that ? Ahh, of course a/c in the footwell.
How many of us think that when WE passed our test in ENGLAND would we have been allowed to drive in flip-flops or even barefoot ??

Excuse me whilst I get back up off the floor from laughing
DSB.
Not saying it`s good to drive in bare feet, just saying your pressure excuse is a load of crap unless you drive a very old car, almost as old as me in fact.
The only time you need pressure now is if the engine stalls while you are driving and you lose the steering and braking servo assistance.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

bassista is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody hell, after living in Tarifa for a year and now in Chipiona, I dont own anything but flipflops!

I was given a multa last month which I;m going to challenge. Apparently you should have your NIE stamped on your driving license? True or overzealous campo guardia?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bassista
Bloody hell, after living in Tarifa for a year and now in Chipiona, I dont own anything but flipflops!

I was given a multa last month which I;m going to challenge. Apparently you should have your NIE stamped on your driving license? True or overzealous campo guardia?
They changed that law a while ago, Fred will know the date.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
They changed that law a while ago, Fred will know the date.
Changed so you have to have it stamped or so you don't?
Old Aug 30th 2009, 6:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Changed so you have to have it stamped or so you don't?
You used to have to register your licence at traffico, but now you don`t.
Have a look at the bottom of the free beer thread.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:10 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Definately. We went to Cádiz last week to change ours´ to Spanish - more for ID reasons than anything else as our cards expire next month. We were told that we didn´t have to change our UK licences and we had to tell her we were doing it voluntarily. I thought then, I hope someone has told the Guardia.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Great! Thanks all
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura about

I learnt to drive and took my test in the UK in barefeet. But it was in 1975. So things could have changed since then. The reason I did was that all my shoes were 'platforms' or 'wedges' and there was no way I could have good clutch control with 2 or 3 inches between my foot and the clutch pedal. I often drive barefoot here in Spain, so must be sure to have a pair of shoes handy to slip on if I get stopped I suppose. The next thing will be a list of the types of shoes it is illegal to drive in, and those that are legal!!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jontee
I learnt to drive and took my test in the UK in barefeet. But it was in 1975. So things could have changed since then.
They did
DSB.