Drink Driving

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:32 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Drink Driving

If some one has lost there licence in the UK can they drive in Spain ?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drink Driving

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Not unless they have a separate Spanish license with no DD convictions on it. Shop them! ASAP!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:51 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

LOL now how could you do that I shoped my ex but got no where LOL
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

LOL now how could you do that I shoped my ex but got no where LOL
Thankfully, the Guardia up here take it very seriously.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Drink driving is one of the few unforgiveable crimes.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:19 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Not unless they have a separate Spanish license with no DD convictions on it. Shop them! ASAP!
Here we go again.seek.snoop.shop.Is this a favorit british pass time.

before you start on me .I dont drink alchol when Im driving.I end up being the sober choffer.

Last edited by betris; Sep 29th 2008 at 8:50 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:53 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
Here we go again.seek.snoop.shop.Is this a favorit british pass time.

before you start on me .I dont drink alchol when Im driving.I end up being the sober choffer.
Know quite a few people here that have been out and drink driving and at times the police just haven`t fined or arrested them. seems like speeding is far more serious here.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:15 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Just a quick link to the Drink Drive/Points on your Spanish Licence in Spain.
If convicted in Spain and your Uk licence is taken away the Spanish Traffic do not stamp your licence re the offence but send it back to the DVLA however the good news is that the DVLA will just return it back to you clean.From 2010 the amount of alcohol found in your blood will be reduced from 0.5 which is about a small beer to 0.2 so you are better off not drinking at all.

http://www.spainvia.com/penaltypointslist0107.htm
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
so you are better off not drinking at all.
agree there - should be zero tollerence
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Know quite a few people here that have been out and drink driving and at times the police just haven`t fined or arrested them. seems like speeding is far more serious here.
I think it depends on the mood the guardia are in

I have been stopped twice and breathalised - hadnt had a drop either time so was fine but they didnt ask to see paperwork, insurance or anything

someone else we know of was stoped over the limit, breathalised and just let go

another girl we know was stopped over the limit, 450€ and a ban for 3 month (if I rememebr right) which she could take when she wanted !! how crazy is that
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK they take your license away from you, so no, you can't drive ANYWHERE during that time. Other countries might not do so. I know of someone who was stopped in France for being over the limit, BUT he continued to drive HGVs in the UK as they didn't tqke his license, and the last time I heard he had never been back to France for his court case, he just didn't go.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:45 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In the UK they take your license away from you, so no, you can't drive ANYWHERE during that time. Other countries might not do so. I know of someone who was stopped in France for being over the limit, BUT he continued to drive HGVs in the UK as they didn't tqke his license, and the last time I heard he had never been back to France for his court case, he just didn't go.
The Drink driving Laws in France are a bit complicated, The limit is lower than the UK 0.5 not 0.8. If you are convicted here and your employment involves Driving IE HGV Bus Driving etc you may drive for work if the Board of Judges allow it for Work Only. No Recreational Driving is permitted. Also in France if your convicted they have Sans Permit Cars, Very small cars horrible looking that required no driving licence and they don't go Fast. You really would not want to be seen dead in one.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you mean they no longer have any valid license at all then it should be quiet obvious , no, because if you dont have a driving license then you cant legally drive in any country in the world, you could apply for a spanish one and pretend you were a learner and start from scratch but obviously that is illegal ,plus the Spanish authorities may contact the U.K. if youve been banned do your time and learn from your mistakes.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:06 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Just a quick link to the Drink Drive/Points on your Spanish Licence in Spain.
If convicted in Spain and your Uk licence is taken away the Spanish Traffic do not stamp your licence re the offence but send it back to the DVLA however the good news is that the DVLA will just return it back to you clean.From 2010 the amount of alcohol found in your blood will be reduced from 0.5 which is about a small beer to 0.2 so you are better off not drinking at all.

http://www.spainvia.com/penaltypointslist0107.htm
So according to those rules you can commit 2 drink driving offences,(1 @-6pts and 1 @ 4pts) and still retain your licence and drive? Strange.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Assuming you mean they no longer have any valid license at all then it should be quiet obvious , no, because if you dont have a driving license then you cant legally drive in any country in the world, you could apply for a spanish one and pretend you were a learner and start from scratch but obviously that is illegal ,plus the Spanish authorities may contact the U.K. if youve been banned do your time and learn from your mistakes.
If you retain your licence rather than giving it to the court as far as I am aware you can still drive on it outside of the UK, I was banned quite a while back now, but was in photocard times, I still hired cars and drove in Spain and I would do the same now, If I lost my licence in UK I wouldnt be able to do my job so I wouldnt hand it back to the court, I would keep it and use it in Spain, AFAIK you are only banned from the UK for driving and not anywhere in Europe, the same would be vice versa as Posh states.

I can speak from experience and not assumption. In the UK You are banned from driving only, not for holding a licence

Last edited by andyrich666; Sep 30th 2008 at 4:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.