Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Don't it always seem to go............

Don't it always seem to go............

Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:01 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't it always seem to go............

Nope, they exist in pairs, one left and one right. Pulling them apart gives you two pairs instead of two singles.

It's a bit like having an apple and a pear stuck together, and when you pull them apart, the apple grows a pear on its side, and the pear grows an apple, instantly and from nowhere.

One of the few examples of a free lunch.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:50 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell are you all wittering about?????
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:53 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Particle physics 101.

Did you know that everything is madeup mostly of nothing?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Surely you can't have a lefthand quark on it's own, if you have one quark then it must have a left and right hand, so with one left hand quark you would have two left hands and one right as opposed to one right hand quark that would have two right hands and one left. I think
Don`t worry if it`s left or right, you can mix them.

"A realization of the ‘‘flavor-democracy’’ approach to quark and lepton masses is provided in the context of the standard model with a horizontal S3 permutation symmetry. In this model, t and b quarks pick up mass at the tree level, c, s-quark and τ-lepton masses arise at the one-loop level, u, d, and μ masses at the two-loop level, and the electron mass at the three-loop level, thus reproducing the observed hierarchial structure without fine tuning of the Yukawa couplings. The pattern of quark mixing angles also emerges naturally, with Vus,Vcb≊O(ε), Vub≊O(ε2), where ε is a loop expansion parameter."
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:04 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t worry if it`s left or right, you can mix them.

"A realization of the ‘‘flavor-democracy’’ approach to quark and lepton masses is provided in the context of the standard model with a horizontal S3 permutation symmetry. In this model, t and b quarks pick up mass at the tree level, c, s-quark and τ-lepton masses arise at the one-loop level, u, d, and μ masses at the two-loop level, and the electron mass at the three-loop level, thus reproducing the observed hierarchial structure without fine tuning of the Yukawa couplings. The pattern of quark mixing angles also emerges naturally, with Vus,Vcb≊O(ε), Vub≊O(ε2), where ε is a loop expansion parameter."

WHOOSH
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:11 pm
bil
Banned

Thee and me both, and if Jdr can explain that simply, I will be deeply impressed!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Thee and me both, and if Jdr can explain that simply, I will be deeply impressed!
I first learnt about it watching Flash Gordon parachute out of a rocket ship at Saturday morning pictures.
He looped left handed and arrived on the other ship on the right hand door.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
bil confused... that IS a first !
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by DebsyW
bil confused... that IS a first !
If he watches the vid then he will understand it. lol
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:06 pm
bil
Banned

Oh no!

I am easily confused. What was posted, I simply don't understand. Again, that's not a first, there's an awful lot I don't understand.

Neutrons, protons, electrons, photons, leptons, baryons, gluons, muons, bosons, - it's genuinely hard to remember which is which, let alone understanding what exactly the properties of quarks are. They have colour, charm, spin and up or down, and more besides.

To much of that and I will have a pressing need to go and lie down.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Oh no!

I am easily confused. What was posted, I simply don't understand. Again, that's not a first, there's an awful lot I don't understand.

Neutrons, protons, electrons, photons, leptons, baryons, gluons, muons, bosons, - it's genuinely hard to remember which is which, let alone understanding what exactly the properties of quarks are. They have colour, charm, spin and up or down, and more besides.

To much of that and I will have a pressing need to go and lie down.
I would love to have you lie next to me on a sleepless night! xx
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:19 pm
Happy in my bubble

I would love to have you lie next to me on a sleepless night! xx
You trollop hahahaha
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
You trollop hahahaha
I mean to use him as a sleeping aid !!! you of filthy mind girlie!!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:27 pm
Happy in my bubble

I mean to use him as a sleeping aid !!! you of filthy mind girlie!!
You cant say that about me after what youve been talking about on msn young lady
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
You cant say that about me after what youve been talking about on msn young lady
Ha!! what I`VE been talking about??? I`ve been following your lead!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.