Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Aug 22nd 2015, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi every one, I'm back in Martos last week in September, if anyone's up for a beer/wine let me know, would be nice to get to know a few of the neighbours!!!! Also thinking of staying at the coast, Malaga for a few days on the way back, but have no idea where it is? I'm told pretty close, but whilst I was in Malaga once before waiting for flight, II never found the beach!!!! Any help really appreciated, cheers
Hi Nicola , just jump on the train at the airport , the one that heads to fuengirolla and get off at torromelinos or benalmadina only costs 1.50 euro plenty of good class hotels down there we use any of the sol hotels , there good value and quality , the train is realy easy
Old Aug 25th 2015, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tim, cheers for that. Will research those areas and the hotels. Hope you had a great last week, cheers
Old Aug 25th 2015, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi Tim, cheers for that. Will research those areas and the hotels. Hope you had a great last week, cheers
3 weeks loved every minute back in oct
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

paquita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
We are looking to buy a townhouse in Martos to relocate and live in a year.Looking to travel down this November/December if work commitments permit.
Would love to make contact with others who have bought there to find out more about the town.
I am loving this thread!
Old Sep 1st 2015, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paquita
I have also found this thread very useful, and am still learning!!!! I bought my house in Martos just a year ago, so am relatively new to the area and the forum. I am heading back to Martos in 3 weeks for 10 days, with a visit to the coast en route!!! Happy to help if I can!
Old Sep 1st 2015, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for replying Nicola.I hope to share experiences as I go where you have already and buy my own!
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

Hi
We have never thought of Martos or the area nor have we been there. A lot of people seem to live there. Can someone please tell me what the attraction is of living there the pros and the cons as it may well be worth a visit.
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

It looks attractive to us because it is a city with a lot going on.You are able to live on the edge of it and feel like you are in the countryside but have all the amenities to modern living on the doorstep.
At the moment we own a house in a village in spain in a lovely area and it has shops and restaurants but it is small and very quiet and in quiet seasons feels a little dead.
We are originally from London so whilst where we currently own is fantastic for holidays away from stress and a great retreat,for full time living it is not practical for us.We wish to stroll as opposed to always drive to nightlife and my husband really needs an active gym!lol!
We do not wish to leave Andalucia and spent time researching somewhere else with lots of life near to other notable places and Martos fits the bill.
You can still get to Jaén, Granada,Malaga,Cordoba etc quite easily from there too.
Cost of living in Andalucia is cheaper still than a lot of parts of spain so that is all our boxes ticked.
So these are our reasons.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paquita
It looks attractive to us because it is a city with a lot going on.You are able to live on the edge of it and feel like you are in the countryside but have all the amenities to modern living on the doorstep.
At the moment we own a house in a village in spain in a lovely area and it has shops and restaurants but it is small and very quiet and in quiet seasons feels a little dead.
We are originally from London so whilst where we currently own is fantastic for holidays away from stress and a great retreat,for full time living it is not practical for us.We wish to stroll as opposed to always drive to nightlife and my husband really needs an active gym!lol!
We do not wish to leave Andalucia and spent time researching somewhere else with lots of life near to other notable places and Martos fits the bill.
You can still get to Jaén, Granada,Malaga,Cordoba etc quite easily from there too.
Cost of living in Andalucia is cheaper still than a lot of parts of spain so that is all our boxes ticked.
So these are our reasons.
Hi paquita
Thanks for your detailed reply, it sounds like it has a lot going for it and might be worth a visit. I will take a look at properties on line.

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Glad to help Jogger.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone
Can someone please tell me where the Jaen train station is situated. Is it anywhere near the bus station? Thinking of travelling to Seville from there during our next visit. Thanks, much appreciated.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

The bus station is just over a kilometre south of the train station.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for that Mark
Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

Can people share their recommendations for a bank in Martos. Also info about fees etc, and services, ATM, English speaking employees etc ...
Old Sep 6th 2015, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

bhjoffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings, folks. We are Americans who have owned a vacation bolt for several years in Olvera (Cadiz), which we continue to visit each year because so many expat British, Australian, and even other Americans have second homes or principal residences there. We sold our little property at a considerable loss three years ago, during *la crisis* ... but now are looking to invest, again, in a second home. The more we read about Martos, the more attractive it appears! A couple of questions, please, if I may: (1) To get to Olvera, we typically fly into Malaga ... then hire a car ... and drive about an hour and a half. Which airport is most convenient to Martos for those traveling there from other countries? (2) I am a retired university professor and (progressive, inter-denominational) church pastor in a same-sex marriage to a wonderful person for 23 years now. I realize that this is a sensitive topic for some folks ... but in Olvera, for instance, neither the Brits nor the Spaniards gave any thought to one's sexual orientation. We were just part of the "gang" there. Could we expect the same type of reception and treatment in Martos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.