Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Nicola ..check out bla bla car ...I used the ride share from Jaen to Granada, and aslo from Malaga to Duquessa...both rides were with nice people...and enjoyable conversations and of course a cheaper price. ALL drivers and passengers have to sign up and usually using FB details then its easy to see who you are travelling with. I will be back in November to Spain and Martos and will use the ride share again...I also found a lot of people leaving or going to Martos from many places in the south..check it out ..
Old Sep 15th 2015, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
We will be heading off to Martos a week tomorrow and returning on 3rd October. Hopefully our paths will cross again eventually Tim, a ride would have been great!!! Whilst we're in Martos, thinking of taking a trip to Seville, and stay a few days. However it seems a little difficult getting to Jaen early enough to get the 6.30 am train. The earliest bus from Martos is 7'ish!! Any ideas anyone? I have seen taxis by Martos bus station, but not every day!!! There are later trains, but there are changes and some take ages! Obviously trying to make the most of the time there! Also is there a Garden centre in or around Martos, and any place that sells garden furniture? Cheers for the help
Firstly you can book a taxi there is a company in Martos just google Martos taxis I know someone who came from the coast in one , and you can buy furniture from big mat builders merchants or look at the carrefour website and get them to deliver it that's easier
Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for all the help guys, will take a look!
Old Oct 20th 2015, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Rokelly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, Myself and my husband will be in Martos in a week to look at a house, we're excited to visit the town and to spend time in Jaen also. I'm wondering does anyone know of a good real estate lawyer in Jaen or ideally Martos (english speaker preferably) also does anyone know of a contractor or surveyor? I'm hoping the house is in good condition but its best to have it looked at. Nicole Brown, I'd love to get in contact with you, are you by chance Irish?

Cheers thanks! would appreciate any help/advice on these matters
Old Oct 21st 2015, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rokelly
Hi there, Myself and my husband will be in Martos in a week to look at a house, we're excited to visit the town and to spend time in Jaen also. I'm wondering does anyone know of a good real estate lawyer in Jaen or ideally Martos (english speaker preferably) also does anyone know of a contractor or surveyor? I'm hoping the house is in good condition but its best to have it looked at. Nicole Brown, I'd love to get in contact with you, are you
[email protected] she's a very good English speaking lawyer but she's not in Martos , I also have a number for a good Moroccan builder if you're interested but he doesn't speak English
Old Oct 21st 2015, 7:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, Myself and my husband will be in Martos in a week to look at a house, we're excited to visit the town and to spend time in Jaen also. I'm wondering does anyone know of a good real estate lawyer in Jaen or ideally Martos (english speaker preferably) also does anyone know of a contractor or surveyor? I'm hoping the house is in good condition but its best to have it looked at. Nicole Brown, I'd love to get in contact with you, are you by chance Irish?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 21st 2015, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Roklly
Nicola here from Devon, Britain. Not Ireland I'm afraid!!! How are you? Nice to hear your thinking of investing in Martos. I'm sure you will like it there. I used Undiscovered Spain(Derryl and Diego) when I bought my house. Diego acts on your behalf. They were both great and totally trustworthy. I didn't get a surveyor, although Derryl said I could use one if I wished . However it's all extra money and my town house is over 100 years old, and very solid, so I took a chance! I guess it depends on the property! So far so good! If I can help in anyway just ask away. I'm sure someone on this site will be able to answer most of your questions. I find it very helpful, good luck!
Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by timmyf
[email protected] she's a very good English speaking lawyer but she's not in Martos , I also have a number for a good Moroccan builder if you're interested but he doesn't speak English

Thanks very much Timmy! That helps a lot! Do you think the Moroccan builder would be good at giving the house a look over and making sure the roof and everything is ok?
Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi Roklly
Nicola here from Devon, Britain. Not Ireland I'm afraid!!! How are you? Nice to hear your thinking of investing in Martos. I'm sure you will like it there. I used Undiscovered Spain(Derryl and Diego) when I bought my house. Diego acts on your behalf. They were both great and totally trustworthy. I didn't get a surveyor, although Derryl said I could use one if I wished . However it's all extra money and my town house is over 100 years old, and very solid, so I took a chance! I guess it depends on the property! So far so good! If I can help in anyway just ask away. I'm sure someone on this site will be able to answer most of your questions. I find it very helpful, good luck!
Thanks very much Nicole! Greatly appreciate all your advice, maybe I'll contact Derryl and Diego and see if they can help with purchasing the house and the contract etc. We still haven't gotten our NIE number and hope to be able to get one once there, do you know anything about that NIE number process by any chance? Cheers!
Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you!!
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Timmy! That helps a lot! Do you think the Moroccan builder would be good at giving the house a look over and making sure the roof and everything is ok?
Yes im sure he would he only speaks spanish And morrocan but can speak to him on your be half if You want or i can give You his númber
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timmyf
Yes im sure he would he only speaks spanish And morrocan but can speak to him on your be half if You want or i can give You his númber
When aré You over , And what street You looking to buy on i will send You a prívate Message
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I'm afraid Mohammed(Morrocan builder) is t available at present! Well he wasn't 3 weeks ago. I was told by Derryl/Diego he's been involved in an accident?? Another guy who worked alongside Mohammad has replaced him for now. This guy and Diego came to visit me to give a quote on rewiring my house. U fortunately I have still not received a price!! Mohammad, the previous builder made a great job of my terrace, so maybe he'll be back!
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Oh no, I hope he's ok. Thanks for that info, Nicole... perhaps I don't need a surveyor, the house seems to be in good condition. Timmy, appreciate your advise and recommendations - I emailed Maria... hopefully shell get back to me soon. Really need an english speaking lawyer as we don't speak much Spanish but we're in the midst of learning and taking lessons. Anybody know if the NIE number is needed in the beginning stage of buying a house, we still need to get ours and we plan to pay a deposit next week. Timmy I will private message you now. Thank you both!
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Oh no, I hope he's ok. Thanks for that info, Nicole... perhaps I don't need a surveyor, the house seems to be in good condition. Timmy, appreciate your advise and recommendations - I emailed Maria... hopefully shell get back to me soon. Really need an english speaking lawyer as we don't speak much Spanish but we're in the midst of learning and taking lessons. Anybody know if the NIE number is needed in the beginning stage of buying a house, we still need to get ours and we plan to pay a deposit next week. Timmy I will private message you now. Thank you both!
I use bilal that's Mohamed's brother he's ok I spoke to him yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.